The James Last Orchestra announces The Last Tour for spring 2013
The big band with a huge reputation will be playing some high profile UK gigs in April next year, tickets on sale Tuesday 24th April
James 'Hansi' Last's orchestra has been making people smile and tap their toes for 48 years and, although the conductor himself turned 83 years old last week (alles gute zum geburtstag, Hansi), the JLO shows no sign of slowing down.
In fact, Last had scoffed at any suggestion that his 2011 tour would be his 'last'. Never one to miss a gag, James Last has since announced The Last Tour for 2013 - a 22-date European jaunt which may, or may not, prove to be his last. In the meantime, fans of the cheery big band sound of the JLO can look forward to renditions of the many favourites in the band's back catalogue, not least his rock and pop influenced re-tellings of standards such as Here Comes the Sun, Greensleeves and MacArthur Park.
With the orchestra and as a solo artist, Hans Last (as he was born in Bremen in 1929) has released around 200 albums and sold in excess of 70 million records. His joyous take on popular classics, energised with the chirpy resourcefulness of a full band, with strings, has won the German many friends and each of his UK dates next year promise raise a smile once more.
The 2013 European Tour touches down in the UK in late April, almost exactly a year from now, with two dates at the Royal Albert Hall on 26th and 27th April 2013, followed by a show at the Bournemouth International Centre on 28th April.
We will have tickets on sale from 9am on Tuesday 24th April 2012, priced £55 for London and £52 for Bournemouth.
You may be interested in
- Mon 10th Dec 2018 to Sat 15th Dec 2018 John Wilson OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventCharing Cross Hospital (Hammersmith)More Info..
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 to Wed 20th Feb 2019 Hot 8 Brass BandBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Marc Almond...Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 to Sun 19th May 2019 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 King Pleasure and The Biscuit BoysThe Greystones (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Dec 2018 The Fulham Big BandBedford Arms Sports Pub (Fulham)More Info..
- Thu 27th Dec 2018 to Sun 8th Sep 2019 The Glenn Miller Orchestra [UK]Buy Tickets
- Mon 31st Dec 2018 The Swing CommandersRamsbottom Civic Hall (Bury)Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th Jan 2019 Trio ManoucheGreen Note (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th Jan 2019 Celtic Connections, The Hot SardinesThe King's Theatre (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 and Thu 14th Feb 2019 Anton & Erin, London Concert Orchestra, Lance Ellington: Those Magical MusicalsBuy Tickets
- Sun 10th Feb 2019 and Fri 15th Mar 2019 The Big Chris Barber BandBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Feb 2019 to Sun 10th Mar 2019 Big Boy BloaterBuy Tickets
- Sun 24th Feb 2019 BBC Big BandGuildhall (Portsmouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 BBC Big Band, Claire MartinThe Queen's Hall (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd May 2019 Scottish National Jazz OrchestraPerth Concert Hall (Perth)On SaleMon 10th Decat midday
- Thu 11th Jul 2019 Kew the Music, Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchest...Kew Gardens (Richmond upon Thames)Buy Tickets