The James Last Orchestra announces The Last Tour for spring 2013
The big band with a huge reputation will be playing some high profile UK gigs in April next year, tickets on sale Tuesday 24th April
James 'Hansi' Last's orchestra has been making people smile and tap their toes for 48 years and, although the conductor himself turned 83 years old last week (alles gute zum geburtstag, Hansi), the JLO shows no sign of slowing down.
In fact, Last had scoffed at any suggestion that his 2011 tour would be his 'last'. Never one to miss a gag, James Last has since announced The Last Tour for 2013 - a 22-date European jaunt which may, or may not, prove to be his last. In the meantime, fans of the cheery big band sound of the JLO can look forward to renditions of the many favourites in the band's back catalogue, not least his rock and pop influenced re-tellings of standards such as Here Comes the Sun, Greensleeves and MacArthur Park.
With the orchestra and as a solo artist, Hans Last (as he was born in Bremen in 1929) has released around 200 albums and sold in excess of 70 million records. His joyous take on popular classics, energised with the chirpy resourcefulness of a full band, with strings, has won the German many friends and each of his UK dates next year promise raise a smile once more.
The 2013 European Tour touches down in the UK in late April, almost exactly a year from now, with two dates at the Royal Albert Hall on 26th and 27th April 2013, followed by a show at the Bournemouth International Centre on 28th April.
We will have tickets on sale from 9am on Tuesday 24th April 2012, priced £55 for London and £52 for Bournemouth.
You may be interested in
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 and Sat 15th Dec 2018 King Pleasure and The Biscuit BoysBuy Tickets
- Mon 25th Jun 2018 to Mon 10th Sep 2018 Swing Out! A Night Of Live Swing Music And DancingBuy Tickets
- Wed 27th Jun 2018 London City Big BandThe Spice of Life (Soho)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 to Sat 15th Dec 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Thu 12th Jul 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Ruby Turner...The Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Kew the Music, Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchest...Kew Gardens (Richmond upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Jul 2018 BBC Proms, Jacob Collier, Sam Amidon, Take 6, Metropole Orke...: Prom 7: Jacob Collier and FriendsRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 A Boundless Summer, Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Or...Borde Hill Gardens (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 to Thu 14th Feb 2019 The Glenn Miller Orchestra [UK]Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th Aug 2018 BBC Proms, John Wilson Orchestra: Prom 39: West Side StoryRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 16th Aug 2018 Sun Ra ArkestraUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 Live in the Square, The Matthew Herbert Big Band: Matthew Herbert's Big Brexit BandGrosvenor Square (Mayfair)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Sep 2018 to Fri 5th Oct 2018 Big Boy BloaterBuy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Marc Almond...Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 The Swing CommandersLittle Theatre (Chorley)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Marc AlmondThe Hexagon (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 to Sat 15th Dec 2018 John Wilson OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 and Thu 14th Feb 2019 Anton & Erin, London Concert Orchestra, Lance Ellington: Those Magical MusicalsBuy Tickets