The James Last Orchestra announces The Last Tour for spring 2013
The big band with a huge reputation will be playing some high profile UK gigs in April next year, tickets on sale Tuesday 24th April
James 'Hansi' Last's orchestra has been making people smile and tap their toes for 48 years and, although the conductor himself turned 83 years old last week (alles gute zum geburtstag, Hansi), the JLO shows no sign of slowing down.
In fact, Last had scoffed at any suggestion that his 2011 tour would be his 'last'. Never one to miss a gag, James Last has since announced The Last Tour for 2013 - a 22-date European jaunt which may, or may not, prove to be his last. In the meantime, fans of the cheery big band sound of the JLO can look forward to renditions of the many favourites in the band's back catalogue, not least his rock and pop influenced re-tellings of standards such as Here Comes the Sun, Greensleeves and MacArthur Park.
With the orchestra and as a solo artist, Hans Last (as he was born in Bremen in 1929) has released around 200 albums and sold in excess of 70 million records. His joyous take on popular classics, energised with the chirpy resourcefulness of a full band, with strings, has won the German many friends and each of his UK dates next year promise raise a smile once more.
The 2013 European Tour touches down in the UK in late April, almost exactly a year from now, with two dates at the Royal Albert Hall on 26th and 27th April 2013, followed by a show at the Bournemouth International Centre on 28th April.
We will have tickets on sale from 9am on Tuesday 24th April 2012, priced £55 for London and £52 for Bournemouth.
You may also be interested in
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 to Wed 19th Dec 2018 The Fulham Big BandMore Info..
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 and Fri 5th Oct 2018 Big Boy BloaterBuy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 to Fri 19th Oct 2018 The Invisible OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Sun 14th Oct 2018 Gwyneth Herbert: Letters I Haven't WrittenThe Albany (Deptford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 to Wed 12th Dec 2018 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventMore Info..
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 to Sat 15th Dec 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Marc Almond...Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 and Mon 31st Dec 2018 The Swing CommandersBuy Tickets
- Sun 11th Nov 2018 Lance EllingtonLeicester Square Theatre (Westminster)On SaleSun 26th Aprat 11:59pm
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Marc AlmondThe Hexagon (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 London Jazz OrchestraVortex Jazz Club (Dalston)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 to Sat 15th Dec 2018 John Wilson OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 King Pleasure and The Biscuit BoysThe Greystones (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Dec 2018 to Sun 24th Mar 2019 The Glenn Miller Orchestra [UK]Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 and Thu 14th Feb 2019 Anton & Erin, London Concert Orchestra, Lance Ellington: Those Magical MusicalsBuy Tickets
- Sun 24th Feb 2019 BBC Big BandGuildhall (Portsmouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 BBC Big Band, Claire MartinThe Queen's Hall (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets