The James Last Orchestra announces The Last Tour for spring 2013
The big band with a huge reputation will be playing some high profile UK gigs in April next year, tickets on sale Tuesday 24th April
James 'Hansi' Last's orchestra has been making people smile and tap their toes for 48 years and, although the conductor himself turned 83 years old last week (alles gute zum geburtstag, Hansi), the JLO shows no sign of slowing down.
In fact, Last had scoffed at any suggestion that his 2011 tour would be his 'last'. Never one to miss a gag, James Last has since announced The Last Tour for 2013 - a 22-date European jaunt which may, or may not, prove to be his last. In the meantime, fans of the cheery big band sound of the JLO can look forward to renditions of the many favourites in the band's back catalogue, not least his rock and pop influenced re-tellings of standards such as Here Comes the Sun, Greensleeves and MacArthur Park.
With the orchestra and as a solo artist, Hans Last (as he was born in Bremen in 1929) has released around 200 albums and sold in excess of 70 million records. His joyous take on popular classics, energised with the chirpy resourcefulness of a full band, with strings, has won the German many friends and each of his UK dates next year promise raise a smile once more.
The 2013 European Tour touches down in the UK in late April, almost exactly a year from now, with two dates at the Royal Albert Hall on 26th and 27th April 2013, followed by a show at the Bournemouth International Centre on 28th April.
We will have tickets on sale from 9am on Tuesday 24th April 2012, priced £55 for London and £52 for Bournemouth.
You may be interested in
- Wed 26th Jun 2019 and Wed 24th Jul 2019 The Fulham Big Band, Fundraising EventMore Info..
- Sun 30th Jun 2019 to Sun 12th Jan 2020 The Glenn Miller Orchestra [UK]Buy Tickets
- Mon 1st Jul 2019 to Mon 26th Aug 2019 Swing Out! A Night Of Live Swing Music And DancingBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Jul 2019 and Wed 31st Jul 2019 The Fulham Big BandMore Info..
- Sat 6th Jul 2019 Trio ManoucheGreen Note (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jul 2019 Ian Shaw, Julian Clary, London Gay Big BandRonnie Scotts (Soho)Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Jul 2019 Kew the Music, Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchest...Kew Gardens (Richmond upon Thames)Buy Tickets
- Mon 15th Jul 2019 to Sat 27th Jul 2019 Hot 8 Brass BandBuy Tickets
- Tue 16th Jul 2019 and Thu 18th Jul 2019 The Hot SardinesBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Jul 2019 to Sat 19th Oct 2019 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Thu 25th Jul 2019 Zoot Money and the Big Roll BandThe Cabbage Patch/ Eel Pie Club (Twickenham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Jul 2019 The Big Chris Barber BandWhitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Aug 2019 to Tue 13th Aug 2019 The Count Basie OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 King Pleasure and The Biscuit BoysMFN (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Aug 2019 DJ Craig Charles, The Invisible OrchestraBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Sep 2019 Down for the CountAylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 11th Oct 2019 to Sat 7th Mar 2020 Big Boy BloaterBuy Tickets
- Mon 21st Oct 2019 to Sat 26th Oct 2019 Mingus Big BandBuy Tickets
- Thu 24th Oct 2019 to Sat 23rd Nov 2019 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Eddi ReaderBuy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Nov 2019 The Swing CommandersLittle Theatre (Chorley)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 Scottish National Jazz Orchestra: The Artistry of Jazzmeia HornPerth Concert Hall (Perth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Nov 2019 to Sun 22nd Dec 2019 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Pauline Bla...Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Dec 2019 and Sat 7th Dec 2019 Jools Holland and his Rhythm 'n Blues Orchestra, Pauline Bla...Buy Tickets