Hugh Cornwell announces special album shows for October 2012 - pre-sale available now
The former vocalist with The Stranglers has announced a special tour for October 2012, pre-sale available now including VIP tickets
Hugh Cornwell, the one-time singer and guitarist with punk flagbearers The Stranglers, has, remarkably, graduated from such an influential alma mater and still managed to forge a career as an influential singer-songwriter in his own right.
Now into his seventh decade, Cornwell's career offers a vibrant narrative on punk rock, post-punk and its many strains. He left The Stranglers in 1990 following the recording of their tenth studio album, Ten, and with the band having enjoyed a popular resurgence, albeit fuelled by some covers. Cornwell, who'd released a solo debut, Wolf, two years earlier, would later write that he felt the band was a 'spent force'. There was also a good deal of ill feeling within The Stranglers.
Ignoring the long shadow cast by the band, Cornwell has since issued another ten or so albums of his own, including 1997's widely acclaimed Guilty. Recent tours have included playing Guilty in its entirety, as well as versions of earlier stuff from The Stranglers, acoustic shows and even a setlist compiled by votes from the website. His latest endeavour is two special gigs playing, in their entirety, The Stranglers' 'No More Heroes' and his newest material, the as-yet-unreleased album, 'Totem and Taboo'.
Hugh Cornwell kicks off his October tour in Carlisle on 3rd, followed by dates in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Newcastle, Manchester, the Islington Academy and more, before the final date in Devon on Saturday 20th October.
We will have tickets available on pre-sale from 9am on Wednesday 11th April, priced £20 for London and £18 for the remaining dates. We also have VIP packages available for £50 which include soundcheck entry, meet and greet and a signed poster.
Ahead of the autumn shows, Hugh Cornwell also has a few summer festival dates lined up, including the Last jubilee Festival in Bath (2nd June), The Willowman Festival in Northallerton (23rd June) and A Lost Weekend at Rutland Water (21st July).
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellChinnerys (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellThe Sugarmill (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellO2 Academy Oxford (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellO2 Academy Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 7th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellThe Fleece (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellThe Live Rooms (Chester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellBrewery Arts Centre (Kendal)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellThe Grand at Clitheroe (Clitheroe)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellThe Georgian Theatre/ Green Room (Stockton-on-Tees)Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellCluny (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellOran Mor (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellBeat Generator Live! (Dundee)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellThe Venue (Dumfries)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellFibbers (York)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 Hugh CornwellConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sun 23rd Sep 2018 Looe Music Festival, The StranglersLooe Beach (Cornwall)Buy Tickets