Orbital add further shows to December 2012 UK tour
The Hartnolls continue their live renaissance and the far-from-shonky Wonky album with new dates and second Brixton show
Manchester's Warehouse Project will now be hosting what appears to be the opening gig of the jaunt on 1st December, with special guests to be announced in due course. And that's not all because new shows have also been announced for Edinburgh for the following night and also Brixton (a second show) for 15th December, one that incurs a 1am curfew. That translates as one big megablast of classic Orbital bangers, as well newies like the splendid "New France", a remix of which is embedded right here.
All other 2012 shows are still available for £24, except for the Brixton ones which sell for £30. Special guests are expected at all shows. Orbital are also due to perform on 'Stevie Wonder' day (9th September) at this year's Bestival on the hopefully-dried-out Isle of Wight.
Since the crazed highs of acid house, one outfit has bucked all the dance trends. More than two decades after setting out, brothers Phil and Paul Hartnoll have ridden the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, even performing with Doctor Who, to emerge as one of British music's most consistent and beloved performers. And it's not just about 1989's breakthrough Chime with a few follow-ups tagged on; Orbital have continued to innovate and produce new music. Their 8th studio album, Wonky, continued that good fortune by debuting at No 22 on the UK chart a couple of months back.
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 The Downs, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Paul Weller, ...The Downs (Clifton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 Shiiine On, Orbital, Shed Seven, Happy Mondays, Embrace, Gla...O2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 OrbitalEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Tue 18th Dec 2018 OrbitalO2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Dec 2018 OrbitalThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Dec 2018 OrbitalO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets