Willy Mason and The Charlatans give praise to Newcastle's Communion Unplugged 2012
Who's up for a spot of 'folk on the Tyne', then? We thought you might be and this year the North east has a real treat in store. On 11th and 12th May, two leading acoustic acts will be filling a disused warehouse at Newcastle's Hoult's Yard as part of a thrilling weekend of like-minded entertainment. Formerly known as Ouseburn Unplugged, the brand new refurbished event is now known as Communion Unplugged and features a dozen or so performers across the two days.
On Friday, American songwriter and musician Willy Mason will spearhead the first day's entertainment with his understated yet infectious blend of music, supported by singer Lucy Rose, one-man Wearsider Martin Longstaff, aka The Lake Poets, another songwriter with a pseudonym, Fran O'Hanlon aka Ajimal and teenage starlet Natasha Haws. The day costs just £15.
And £15 is the same price to see Saturday's stunning line-up which is headlined by The Charlatan's Tim Burgess and Mark Collins. The pair will rip through their beloved back-catalogue, while the supporting cast of BBC Sound of 2012 nominee Ren Harvieu, Swindon's latest talented export Josh Kumra, The Jar Family, Motion Tourist and Amy Holford will ably provide a big build-up.
We also have weekend tickets available, priced at £25. Whilst we recognize that the shows take place in a warehouse, tickets will sell quickly enough to fill both days.
You may be interested in
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 The Jar FamilyJohn Peel Centre for Creative Arts (Suffolk)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Moseley Folk Festival, Nick Mulvey, This Is The Kit, Willy M...Moseley Park (Moseley)Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 The Lake PoetsThe Greystones (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 The Lake PoetsSneaky Pete's (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 The Lake PoetsHug and Pint (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 The Lake PoetsThe Hope and Ruin (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 The Lake PoetsThe Kitchen Garden Cafe (Kings Heath)Buy Tickets
- Thu 4th Oct 2018 The Lake PoetsThe Cambridge Junction (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 The Lake PoetsBristol Folk House (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Oct 2018 The Lake PoetsGullivers Bar (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 The Lake PoetsKingskerswell Parish Church (Newton Abbot)Buy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 The Lake PoetsTalking Heads (Southampton)Buy Tickets