Willy Mason and The Charlatans give praise to Newcastle's Communion Unplugged 2012
Who's up for a spot of 'folk on the Tyne', then? We thought you might be and this year the North east has a real treat in store. On 11th and 12th May, two leading acoustic acts will be filling a disused warehouse at Newcastle's Hoult's Yard as part of a thrilling weekend of like-minded entertainment. Formerly known as Ouseburn Unplugged, the brand new refurbished event is now known as Communion Unplugged and features a dozen or so performers across the two days.
On Friday, American songwriter and musician Willy Mason will spearhead the first day's entertainment with his understated yet infectious blend of music, supported by singer Lucy Rose, one-man Wearsider Martin Longstaff, aka The Lake Poets, another songwriter with a pseudonym, Fran O'Hanlon aka Ajimal and teenage starlet Natasha Haws. The day costs just £15.
And £15 is the same price to see Saturday's stunning line-up which is headlined by The Charlatan's Tim Burgess and Mark Collins. The pair will rip through their beloved back-catalogue, while the supporting cast of BBC Sound of 2012 nominee Ren Harvieu, Swindon's latest talented export Josh Kumra, The Jar Family, Motion Tourist and Amy Holford will ably provide a big build-up.
We also have weekend tickets available, priced at £25. Whilst we recognize that the shows take place in a warehouse, tickets will sell quickly enough to fill both days.
You may be interested in
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 to Sat 24th Feb 2018 Willy MasonMoth Club (Hackney)More Info..
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 The Jar FamilyShire Hall (East Riding of Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Mar 2018 Willy MasonRoisin Dubh (Galway)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Mar 2018 Willy MasonSandino's (Londonderry)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Mar 2018 Willy MasonThe Grand Social (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 The Jar FamilyThe Chichester Inn (Chichester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 The Jar FamilyCaryford Community Hall (Somerset)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Mar 2018 The Jar FamilySubscription Rooms (Stroud)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 The Jar FamilyChapel Arts Centre (Bath)Buy Tickets
- Tue 17th Apr 2018 The Lake PoetsKingskerswell Parish Church (Newton Abbot)Buy Tickets
- Wed 18th Apr 2018 The Lake PoetsTalking Heads (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Apr 2018 The Lake PoetsThe Hope and Ruin (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Apr 2018 The Lake PoetsThe Three Minute Theatre - Afflecks Palace (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Mon 23rd Apr 2018 The Lake PoetsThe Cambridge Junction (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Apr 2018 The Lake PoetsThe Kitchen Garden Cafe (Kings Heath)Buy Tickets
- Thu 26th Apr 2018 The Lake PoetsSneaky Pete's (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Apr 2018 The Lake PoetsHug and Pint (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Mon 30th Apr 2018 The Lake PoetsWylam Brewery at Palace of Arts (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Tue 1st May 2018 The Lake PoetsThe Greystones (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 3rd May 2018 The Lake PoetsSt Pancras Old Church (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th May 2018 The Lake PoetsBristol Folk House (Bristol)Buy Tickets