La Línea, the Latin Music Festival, returns for 2012
The celebration of the best of contemporary Latin music takes over a range of venues in April, tickets on sale now
First held in 2001, the London Latin Music festival, or La Línea, has become an annual fixture in the spring diary, bringing together some of the most exciting names in Latin music today and expanded beyond the capital to take in shows at a clutch of national venues.
La Linea 2012 kicks off with a show from Madredeus at London's Barbican on 16th April. Madredeus, led by Pedro Ayres Magalhãesm, return to the live scene after a six-year hiatus, galvanised by the exciting new voice of Beatriz Nunes. The one-off show will include a special selection from the band's influential back catalogue. Tickets are £15.
Céu, one of the most exciting and successful female artists to have emerged from Brazil in recent times, is next up with a series of gigs beginning in Bristol on 18th April, followed by dates in London, Manchester, Gateshead and more. The chart-topping 'electrotropical' star, the best-selling Brazilian musician ever in the UK, will be supported by fellow countryman, and rising pop-funk star, Curumin. Prices vary by venue, starting at £12.50 (for Manchester).
Other highlights include Roberto Pla at Islington Town Hall on 21st April (£20) and the Afro-Cuban All-Stars at the Barbican on 25th April (£15). In addition, the Venezuelan Embassy hosts Morgan Szymanski and Amaral plays the HMV Forum in Kentish Town on 27th April, while Che Sudaka plays Shoreditch the same night.
We have a wide range of tickets available now; see below for the full list of artists and dates.
You may be interested in
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 to Tue 30th Oct 2018 Robyn HitchcockBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Transglobal Underground, Natacha AtlasHolmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 to Sun 10th Feb 2019 Jah WobbleBuy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 Mon LaferteEartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 Afro Celt Sound SystemBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Dave Douglas, Bill Laswell, London Jazz FestivalQueen Elizabeth Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 and Sat 17th Nov 2018 Marconi UnionBuy Tickets
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 Peter Bruntnell, B. J. ColeCaroline Street Social Club/ Live Room (Shipley)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 Snowboy, Myles SankoThe Cambridge Junction (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 London Jazz Festival, Arturo O'Farrill, Omar Sosa, Yilian Ca...: Jazz CubanoBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Dec 2018 Slade, Dave HillRobin (Wolverhampton)Buy Tickets