La Línea, the Latin Music Festival, returns for 2012
The celebration of the best of contemporary Latin music takes over a range of venues in April, tickets on sale now
First held in 2001, the London Latin Music festival, or La Línea, has become an annual fixture in the spring diary, bringing together some of the most exciting names in Latin music today and expanded beyond the capital to take in shows at a clutch of national venues.
La Linea 2012 kicks off with a show from Madredeus at London's Barbican on 16th April. Madredeus, led by Pedro Ayres Magalhãesm, return to the live scene after a six-year hiatus, galvanised by the exciting new voice of Beatriz Nunes. The one-off show will include a special selection from the band's influential back catalogue. Tickets are £15.
Céu, one of the most exciting and successful female artists to have emerged from Brazil in recent times, is next up with a series of gigs beginning in Bristol on 18th April, followed by dates in London, Manchester, Gateshead and more. The chart-topping 'electrotropical' star, the best-selling Brazilian musician ever in the UK, will be supported by fellow countryman, and rising pop-funk star, Curumin. Prices vary by venue, starting at £12.50 (for Manchester).
Other highlights include Roberto Pla at Islington Town Hall on 21st April (£20) and the Afro-Cuban All-Stars at the Barbican on 25th April (£15). In addition, the Venezuelan Embassy hosts Morgan Szymanski and Amaral plays the HMV Forum in Kentish Town on 27th April, while Che Sudaka plays Shoreditch the same night.
We have a wide range of tickets available now; see below for the full list of artists and dates.
You may be interested in
- Fri 19th Jul 2019 Tito Puente Jr.Jazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Jul 2019 to Sat 25th Jan 2020 Robyn HitchcockBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Jul 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Moon HoochBuy Tickets
- Sun 28th Jul 2019 Omara PortuondoBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Jul 2019 John Morales, The Shapeshifters [UK]Ministry of Sound (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Aug 2019 Terry Reid, Ash Soan, Annie Whitehead, Jennifer MaidmanRonnie Scotts (Soho)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Aug 2019 African Head ChargeJazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 South West Four, Martin Garrix, Craig David, Tinie Tempah, A...Clapham Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Aug 2019 to Sat 7th Dec 2019 The Comet is ComingBuy Tickets
- Wed 11th Sep 2019 to Sun 15th Sep 2019 Afro Celt Sound SystemBuy Tickets
- Thu 19th Sep 2019 to Fri 4th Oct 2019 Rodrigo y GabrielaBuy Tickets
- Fri 20th Sep 2019 to Fri 13th Mar 2020 Jah WobbleBuy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 to Mon 7th Oct 2019 Milos KaradaglicMore Info..
- Sat 28th Sep 2019 The Universe of Tim MaiaJazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 8th Oct 2019 Richard Bona, Alfredo RodriguezUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 16th Oct 2019 to Sun 20th Oct 2019 AnomalieBuy Tickets
- Sat 19th Oct 2019 Marconi UnionThe Met Arts Centre (Bury)Buy Tickets
- Sun 20th Oct 2019 The Comet is Coming, Bo Ningen, Jane Weaver, FlamingodsThe Crossing [South Birmingham College] (Digbeth)Buy Tickets
- Mon 18th Nov 2019 and Tue 19th Nov 2019 Hermeto PascoalBuy Tickets
- Thu 21st Nov 2019 Natacha Atlas229 the venue - Great Portland Street (Marylebone)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 Eliane EliasBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 London Jazz Festival, Eliane Elias, Vinicius Cantuári...Barbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Nov 2019 Get the BlessingMoth Club (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Tue 26th Nov 2019 Henrik Schwartz, Bugge WesseltoftEartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets