The Hairy Bikers are Larger Than Live with huge autumn 2012 UK tour
Si King and Dave Myers to serve up plates of cookery and comedy, tickets on sale now
As with gardening shows in the '80s and property shows in the '90s, cookery programmes in the past decade and a half have taken over the early-evening TV schedules like wildfire (or perhaps that should be wild rice). You name the chef and, more likely as not, they've been on browning their onions, dusting their buns, foaming their sauces or squeezing their moist sponges right in your faces and well before the watershed - it's like pantry porn and there's just no stopping them. Well there is - you can switch off and get a life, I guess.
Thankfully, away from the intense Snow Patrol sound-tracking of Masterchef and the cutesy twee bubble of perfection that is Rachel Khoo's little kitchen in Paris (she wants to try cooking in mine. No, really), we still have humour and The Hairy Bikers have it in spades (or rather large bowls, if you prefer). Si King and Dave Myers are two lovable leather-clad cooks who love their food, love its history and love the theatre of combining it altogether in one pot, packed full of puns, asides and inoffensive innuendo.
"Ooh Si, I think you've squirted too much cream on me buns, man" - "Dood, never mind me cream, it's me plums - I think they've shrivelled up in the heat". Family entertainment, all the way. But, daft adventures aside, home is where the appetite is and their next foodie tour will certainly prove all that and more.
And this is no ordinary foodie tour either - it's a riotous night out with celebrity guests, surprises and a chance to have a meal cooked for YOU, live on stage by the two big lads themselves. Rather than just endless demonstrations, The Hairy Bikers put on a real show with general high-jinks and gloriously childish pranks between the infallible pair.
Their autumn jaunt starts in Barrow in Furness for two nights on 30th September and 1st October, before biking down to Bradford, Grimsby, Birmingham, Richmond, Woking and several more through out the UK until Carlisle on 2nd December. We have tickets for most of the shows, priced from around £23.50.
You may be interested in
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 Rize Festival, Liam Gallagher, James Bay, Craig David, Plan ...Hylands Park (Chelmsford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 Rize Festival, Stereophonics, Bastille, Years and Years, Rag...Hylands Park (Chelmsford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 The Big FeastivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 Foodies Festival, The HoosiersSouth Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 to Sun 23rd Sep 2018 The Great British Food FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sun 26th Aug 2018 Foodies Festival, Toploader, DodgySouth Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th Aug 2018 Foodies FestivalSouth Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 MeatopiaBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 7th Sep 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, Tom Odell, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Nick CorbinBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, Toploader, Gabrielle Aplin, Razorlight, Mel...The Lambing Shed (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 OnBlackheath, Squeeze, The Divine Comedy, Billy Bragg, Corin...Blackheath Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 and Sun 9th Sep 2018 The Big GrillBuy Tickets
- Sun 9th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, The Christians, Squeeze, Scouting for Girls...The Lambing Shed (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Sep 2018 OnBlackheath, Paloma Faith, De La Soul, Corinne Bailey Rae, ...Blackheath Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 Nordoff Robbins Get Loud, Nina NesbittOmeara (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Sun 21st Oct 2018 Erdinger Oktoberfest LondonBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 LissieO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 James MartinBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Sun 4th Nov 2018 Caro EmeraldBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Sun 7th Oct 2018 The Cake and Bake ShowBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Fri 15th Mar 2019 Police Dog HoganBuy Tickets
- Sun 14th Oct 2018 to Tue 13th Nov 2018 Nigella LawsonBuy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 London Restaurant Festival: Ultimate Gastronomic WeekendBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 and Sat 20th Oct 2018 BBC Good Food ShowBuy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 Jimmy CliffSubterania (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 Thorbjorn Risager and the Black Tornado, Grainne DuffyUnder the Bridge (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Nov 2018 to Sat 15th Dec 2018 Deacon Blue: To Be Here SomedayBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 to Sun 18th Nov 2018 Taste of LondonBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Jay RaynerThe Milton Rooms (Malton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 and Fri 7th Dec 2018 Lewis Capaldi, Nina NesbittBuy Tickets
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 to Fri 24th May 2019 UB40: For The ManyBuy Tickets