Matilda the Musical now booking until Christmas 2013
Matilda, the smash hit musical and current darling of the West End, is taking its record-breaking haul of Oliviers and pushing on, now booking until late 2013
Not even Matilda, Roald Dahl's fictional creation with the extraordinary imagination, can surely have ever envisaged the kind of success the production of the same name continues to enjoy.
Written by Dennis Kelly and Tim Minchin for the RSC, Matilda the Musical transferred from the Courtyard in Stratford-upon-Avon to the West End's Cambridge Theatre in October 2011, elbowing Chicago aside in the process. But even that was not a sufficiently wondrous rise.
No, in 2012 Matilda has thrilled full houses and wowed the critics. At this year's prestigious Olivier Awards Matilda was nominated in every category it was eligible for, ten in total. The musical ended up with seven Oliviers, a record for a show.
Not that the eventual number of awards was really going to make much difference. Matilda is already a new chapter in West End history, collecting five-star reviews at every turn and becoming one of the most talked about shows of recent times. Chicago may have been moved on by the noisy new kid on the block but new productions will take on Matilda at their peril; it's set to run and run (and run).
We have tickets available now for performances right up to 22nd December 2013, with ticket prices starting at around £25. Note that there are afternoon performances on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays and no evening shows on Sundays or Mondays.
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 to Sat 8th Sep 2018 Matilda the MusicalHippodrome (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 to Fri 30th Aug 2019 Matilda the MusicalCambridge Theatre (Covent Garden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 18th Sep 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 Matilda the MusicalPalace Theatre (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Apr 2019 to Sat 27th Apr 2019 Matilda the MusicalPlayhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Tue 7th May 2019 to Sat 8th Jun 2019 Matilda the MusicalHippodrome (Bristol)Buy Tickets