Looks like they're gonna make it - more 2012 dates for Feeder
Posted: 19th March 2012
Welsh rockers extend Generation Freakshow dates into the autumn with November academy tour, tickets on sale Friday 23rd March
It's been more than 20 years since Grant Nicholas, Jon Lee and Simon Blight formed Feeder in Newport and started making astonishingly refreshing transatlantic indie rock that could easily have been crafted in southern California instead of South Wales.
Despite a history tinged with tragedy (Jon Lee passed away in 2002), Feeder have continued to prevail. Their second album, 1999's Yesterday Went Too Soon, turned Gold in the UK and broke into the Top Ten - a chart feat repeated by their next four studio albums. The band's biggest remains 2002's Comfort in Sound, released not long after Lee's death and soon clocking up nearly half a million sales.
Feeder have also been something of a singles band, scoring big hits with tracks like Tumble and Fall, Turn and Buck Rogers, the latter still a mainstay of indie radio playlists everywhere and a No1 hit in South Africa (top five here).
It's been a rollercoaster two decades for Nicholas especially, as the only remaining founding member and close friend of Lee. But Feeder have conquered all and they continue to produce engaging, atmospheric alt-rock. The new album, Generation Freakshow, will be issued in April and the band have added a number of autumn dates to those already announced for the spring.
Feeder's November academy tour kicks off in Glasgow on the 17th, followed by Manchester, Portsmouth and Wolverhampton, before the final date announced so far at the Brixton Academy on 23rd November 2012. We will have tickets available when they go on sale at 9am on Friday 23rd March.
Ahead of a June appearance at the Isle of Wight Festival 2012 (on Friday 22nd), Feeder are also playing a number of spring Generation Freakshow gigs. We have tickets available now for both the Isle of Wight and the April shows, the latter priced from just £17.50.
- Thu 15th Oct 2020 Feeder The Corn Exchange (Cambridge) Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Oct 2020 Feeder O2 Academy Bournemouth (Bournemouth) Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Oct 2020 Feeder De La Warr Pavilion (Sussex) Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Oct 2020 Feeder O2 Academy Leicester (Leicester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Oct 2020 Feeder O2 Academy Liverpool (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Oct 2020 Feeder O2 Academy (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th May 2021 Feeder, Yonaka, You Me At Six, Catfish and the Bottlemen Singleton Park (Swansea) Buy Tickets