Looks like they're gonna make it - more 2012 dates for Feeder
Welsh rockers extend Generation Freakshow dates into the autumn with November academy tour, tickets on sale Friday 23rd March
It's been more than 20 years since Grant Nicholas, Jon Lee and Simon Blight formed Feeder in Newport and started making astonishingly refreshing transatlantic indie rock that could easily have been crafted in southern California instead of South Wales.
Despite a history tinged with tragedy (Jon Lee passed away in 2002), Feeder have continued to prevail. Their second album, 1999's Yesterday Went Too Soon, turned Gold in the UK and broke into the Top Ten - a chart feat repeated by their next four studio albums. The band's biggest remains 2002's Comfort in Sound, released not long after Lee's death and soon clocking up nearly half a million sales.
Feeder have also been something of a singles band, scoring big hits with tracks like Tumble and Fall, Turn and Buck Rogers, the latter still a mainstay of indie radio playlists everywhere and a No1 hit in South Africa (top five here).
It's been a rollercoaster two decades for Nicholas especially, as the only remaining founding member and close friend of Lee. But Feeder have conquered all and they continue to produce engaging, atmospheric alt-rock. The new album, Generation Freakshow, will be issued in April and the band have added a number of autumn dates to those already announced for the spring.
Feeder's November academy tour kicks off in Glasgow on the 17th, followed by Manchester, Portsmouth and Wolverhampton, before the final date announced so far at the Brixton Academy on 23rd November 2012. We will have tickets available when they go on sale at 9am on Friday 23rd March.
Ahead of a June appearance at the Isle of Wight Festival 2012 (on Friday 22nd), Feeder are also playing a number of spring Generation Freakshow gigs. We have tickets available now for both the Isle of Wight and the April shows, the latter priced from just £17.50.
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 FeederThe Engine Shed/ Platform (university of Lincoln) (Lincoln)Buy Tickets
- Mon 5th Mar 2018 FeederWilliam Aston Hall - Glyndwr University [NEWI] (Wrexham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 7th Mar 2018 Feeder: Best OfO2 Academy Bristol (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Mar 2018 Feeder: Best OfUniversity of East Anglia [UEA]/ LCR (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Mar 2018 Feeder: Best OfManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Mar 2018 Feeder: Best OfBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Mar 2018 Feeder: Best OfO2 Academy Leeds (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Mar 2018 Feeder: Best OfO2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 Feeder: Best OfRock City (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 Feeder: Best OfO2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 FeederOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Mar 2018 FeederThe Limelight 1/2 (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th May 2018 Teddy Rocks, Feeder, Mallory Knox, Eliza and the Bear, Devil...Charisworth Farm - Blandford (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 Wychwood Festival, Baxter Dury, The Beat, Nina Nesbitt, Feed...Cheltenham Racecourse (Cheltenham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Jun 2018 Wychwood Festival, Shed Seven, Feeder, Ten TonnesCheltenham Racecourse (Cheltenham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Cool Britannia, Happy Mondays, The Lightning Seeds, Feeder, ...Knebworth House and Gardens (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Thu 21st Jun 2018 to Sun 24th Jun 2018 Isle of Wight FestivalSeaclose Park (Newport [Isle of Wight])Buy Tickets