Paul Simon confirmed to headline Hard Rock Calling 2012 on Sunday
This year's Hard Rock Calling promises to be quite a spectacular event and a huge meeting of rock-minds. You will already be aware that The Boss, Mr Bruce Springsteen, will be heading up Saturday night, the prospect made even sweeter by notching up a number 1 album with 'Wrecking Ball'. London will now be hosting even more rock royalty in July when Paul Simon brings his classic million-selling album 'Graceland' to Hyde Park.
Set to headline the Sunday night, Simon will be joined by his sweetly-voiced partners from that late '80s era, South-African harmony group, Ladysmith Black Mambazo. This will be the first time in almost 25 years since the group performed with the iconic singer on UK soil - what a prospect, come rain or shine. The BRIT and Grammy-winning 1986 album features many classic tracks such as 'You Can Call Me Al', 'Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes', 'Boy in the Bubble' and the title-track. At a time when 'world music' was an unknown quantity, 'Graceland' eventually broke down barriers and reached a global audience.
Tickets for the Sunday event, which will now also feature reggae legend Jimmy Cliff and Alison Krauss with Union Station and Jerry Douglas, go on sale this Friday at 9am, priced at £55. More guests will be announced in due course.
For those heading to Springsteen's Saturday, well done - the day is already sold-out. But your line-up has just expanded in size and stature. None other than Creedence Clearwater Revival-founder, John Fogerty, will be hitting Hyde Park, as part of a soon-to-be-announced world tour. He'll be bringing true country-rock pleasure with the album 'Centerfield' and many other classics from his solo and band's history. Also appearing are new country hopefuls, Lady Antebellum.
More names for Hard Rock Calling 2012 will be announced soon.
You may be interested in
- Wed 8th Aug 2018 Summer Nights at the Bandstand, Jimmy CliffKelvingrove Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 BluesFest, John Fogerty, Steve Miller BandThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 BluesFest: John Fogerty, Steve Miller Band3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 Jimmy CliffSubterania (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 BluesFest: Counting Crows, Alison Krauss, The White Buffalo3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Counting Crows, Alison Krauss, The White BuffaloThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 Alison KraussPlayhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets