Aled Jones reschedules cathedral tour for spring 2013
The Welshman's latest success, as a full-time presenter of ITV's breakfast flagship Daybreak, means his autumn tour of cathedral venues is put back to 2013
A few months back, we wrote about Aled Jones' enduring and, to some, unexpected success in both music and the broadcast media. It seems that despite talking up the man's many talents, even we underestimated him. Since then, it has been announced that Jones will be taking over the Daybreak warm-seat from Adrian Chiles, hoping to boost the show after the Brummie was moved along.
As a result, Aled Jones' schedule will be ruined by his Daybreak commitments and his tour has been bumped back. He is quoted as saying: "I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused to all those who have already bought tickets and made arrangements to attend the October concerts."
Little Aled Jones, as he once was, has been around for ages (and ages) and yet, somehow, is still only 41. The main reason for this of course is that, although he's known to 21st century audiences as a radio and television presenter, he was the original Gifted Child.
In 1982, with Channel 4 itself in its infancy, Raymond Brigg's The Snowman was commissioned for the new network with Walking in the Air as its soundtrack. St Paul's Cathedral choirboy Peter Auty sang on the film but Aled Jones performed the single version. He then popped up on television, in a variety of encouraging jumpers, for the next few years, mostly at Christmas time.
In the next five years or so, he released around 15 albums and enjoyed a lot of success. Hilarious people everywhere joked about what would happen when his voice broke, inadvertently wishing his career away. But Jones had other plans. Album sales of around six million meant that he didn't need to do any shifts at Asda and he went on to study at the Royal Academy of Music, eventually surfacing again in the new century.
With guest choirs, Aled's tour now begins at Durham Cathedral on 6th April 2013 with all dates except Manchester and Sheffield already rescheduled, and a brand new date at Salisbury Cathedral on 20th April. Full refunds are available directly from the ticket vendor.
We have tickets for the new dates available now, priced around £30.
You may be interested in
- Thu 31st May 2018 to Sat 30th Jun 2018 Alfie BoeBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Jun 2018 Jonathan Ansell, Rhydian RobertsAssembly Hall Theatre (Tunbridge Wells)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 to Fri 9th Nov 2018 SpaceBuy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Alfie BoeKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Jun 2018 Susan BoyleAlhambra Theatre (Dunfermline)Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Jul 2018 to Sat 21st Jul 2018 Il Divo: Castles and CountryBuy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Jul 2018 Lytham Festival, Il Divo, Martine McCutcheonLytham Green (Lancashire)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Jul 2018 The Summer Series Dublin, Il DivoTrinity College Park (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd Aug 2018 Roger Chapman, FamilyUnder the Bridge (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 6th Aug 2018 and Fri 14th Dec 2018 Cara DillonBuy Tickets
- Thu 9th Aug 2018 to Wed 31st Oct 2018 Russell WatsonBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 G4Spa Theatre and Ocean Room (Scarborough)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Cool Britannia, Ocean Colour Scene, Embrace, Razorlight, Cas...Knebworth House and Gardens (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Sep 2018 Karl JenkinsMethodist Central Hall/ Great Hall (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 and Sun 28th Oct 2018 Stepback - the 80s Concert, Tony Hadley, ABC, Bonnie Tyler, ...Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Andrea BocelliBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 London Jazz Festival, Guy Barker: Jazz Voice - Opening GalaRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 to Sun 6th Jan 2019 The SnowmanBuy Tickets
- Mon 26th Nov 2018 Ennio Morricone: 60 Years of MusicThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Dec 2018 '80s Christmas Concert: Stepback - the 80s Concert, Tony Hadley, Bonnie Tyler, ABC, ...Ricoh Arena / Ericsson Arena (Coventry)Buy Tickets