Willy Mason will Carry On with spring 2013 UK tour
American songwriter will additionally support Ben Howard, release new album and play free shows, tickets on sale now
There's a good chance that, in the coming months, you'll get to hear or read the name Willy Mason a lot more often. Previously the chilled-out troubadour has performed at UK festivals like there's no tomorrow, as well as releasing a string of impressive acoustically-minded albums, deeply-rooted in American roots tradition and the likes of Dylan but without obvious pastiche.
He's already got his community of fans, but they're about to increase in numbers when he appears on Ben Howard's almost completely sold-out tour in the coming weeks (only Brighton now has tickets available at face value). In addition to being Ben's support, Mason has his own headlining fun planned out in the form of three FREE shows in November - one show in Manchester even invites you to host the gig in your own home (see his website - www.willymason.net) - and a short December tour - featuring former Portico Quartet singer/ musician Nick Mulvey - which has almost sold out, bar the shows in Birmingham and London (£12.50 and £15 respectively).
However, his real chance of a larger audience comes with new album "Carry On", due out in December, and the following 2013 UK tour next spring. Head to Mason's website, register your email address in exchange for ace new song "Restless Natives", a gentle six-minute canter that evokes comparison with Daniel Lanois, Bon Iver and Springsteen when he's NOT bawling like a crazed teenager. It's a rather moreish song and one which will sound great when fired up at a Willy Mason show. Talking of which, his 2013 tour looms nearer.
During March 2013 you can join the Mason's loyal following in Southsea (3rd), followed by Exeter, Cardiff, Leeds and several more until rolling up to the Belfast Limelight on the 15th. We have tickets to all shows now, priced from £12.50 upwards - and if you want his new album, our ticket links offer you the chance to pick up it up on pre-sale for £7.99 (ltd period). It's enough to give you the Willys [oof! - Ed].
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 Willy MasonThe Bodega (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Wed 19th Sep 2018 Nick MulveyThe Belfast Empire Music Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 and Fri 21st Sep 2018 Nick MulveyWhelan's (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Mon 24th Sep 2018 Nick MulveyThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 Nick MulveyOxford Town Hall (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 and Thu 27th Sep 2018 Nick MulveyEartH [Hackney Arts Centre] (Stoke Newington)More Info..
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Nick MulveyPhoenix Arts Centre (Exeter)More Info..
- Sun 30th Sep 2018 Nick MulveyTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 Nick MulveyGuildhall (Gloucester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 Nick MulveySt George's Church (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 Nick MulveySt George's Hall (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 Nick MulveyOpera House (Buxton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Oct 2018 Nick MulveyBrewery Arts Centre (Kendal)Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Oct 2018 Nick MulveyThe Old Fruit Market (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 Nick MulveyThe Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Oct 2018 Nick MulveyThe Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 Ben HowardSSE Hydro (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Ben HowardMotorpoint Arena (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Dec 2018 and Tue 11th Dec 2018 Ben HowardO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 16th Jan 2019 to Fri 18th Jan 2019 Ben HowardO2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th Jan 2019 Ben Howard3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets