Win one of three copies of Michael Bolton's 'Gems - The Very Best of' CD
Competition: We have three copies of the new Michael Bolton CD 'Gems - The Very Best of' to give away. Date for last entry is 15th March 2012.
Hands up who remembers scoffing with laughter at pop's most potently-coiffured mullet, as sported by Michael Bolton. And hands up those who are eating humble pie, now that Bolton has shipped dozens of millions of albums that have won him enough Grammys to sink Crete in the ensuing two decades.
American songwriter and boom-voiced balladeers were all the rage in the late '80s, but Michael Bolton stood out for a few right reasons, as well as the typical foibles that Brits tend to pick on. His first foray into the UK spotlight was with a song originally penned for Linda Ronstadt, but quite rightly squirreled away for Bolton's own successful release. "How am I Supposed to Live Without You?" was not a quiet piece of wistful reminiscence, rather this was an achingly-bellowed power-ballad that positively begged his intended love-target from bunking off with the milkman (milkmen?).
Previous to his pivotal hit in 1989, Bolton had already notched up several hits Stateside, including "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" and the title-track to what became his first million-selling album, "Soul Provider". Other hits during the '90s included "How Can We Be Lovers", "Love is a Wonderful Thing" and the number one belter, "When a Man Loves a Woman", before changing trends turned listeners away from heartfelt love songs and onto Britpop, Jungle and Urban. Possibly.
Despite this apparent fall from hit-status grace, Michael Bolton can still sell. Lots. His last album 'proper', "One World One Love", shot to #19 a few years ago, some 147 places higher than in the US. Which leads us nicely (and eventually) to his brand new double CD of huge proportions. Huge because it couples one disc of all his biggest hits, most of them mentioned above, with another featuring a brand new collection of duets called "Gems". Partners on the album include Indian soundtrack guru A. R. Rahman, Seal, Delta Goodrem and posthumously, Eva Cassidy for a rendition of "Fields of Gold".
Fancy winning a copy? With Mother's Day around the corner, "Gems" might just be the jewel in the crown for the mum you love.
All you have to do to win one of three copies of Michael Bolton's new double CD is click on the Enter Competition button below and follow the simple instructions.
The competition ends on 15th March, just in time for Mother's Day! Entrants from the UK and Ireland only.
- Enter Competition
- Enter Competition
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 Michael BoltonVictoria Theatre (Halifax)Buy Tickets
- Mon 15th Oct 2018 Michael BoltonSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 Michael BoltonThe Armadillo (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 Michael BoltonOpera House (Blackpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 Michael BoltonThe Bridgewater Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 Michael BoltonCity Hall (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 Michael BoltonCliffs Pavilion (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 Michael BoltonSt David's Hall (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Michael BoltonBournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Oct 2018 Michael BoltonThe Bridgewater Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 Michael BoltonCity Hall/ Memorial Hall/ Ballroom (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Michael BoltonTheatre Royal Concert Hall (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 Michael BoltonRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sat 17th Feb 2018 Seal: The Standards TourBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Feb 2018 Seal: The Standards TourColston Hall/ Lantern (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Feb 2018 Seal: The Standards TourTheatre Royal Concert Hall (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 Seal: The Standards TourSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 and Fri 23rd Feb 2018 Seal: The Standards TourLondon Palladium (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 Seal: The Standards TourOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets