The Proclaimers set to travel more than 500 Miles with six week 'Get Comedy' 2012 UK tour - on sale from Friday 9th March
Tickets for The Proclaimers' extensive autumn 2012 UK tour on sale now/ Friday 16th March.
Identical twins, Charlie and Craig Reid, have been quite a formidable force since their introduction to eager home-turf audiences almost 30 years ago. The Hibs-supporting pair only came to prominence after the ironic, lyrical pronunciation-sideswipe 'Throw The 'R' Away' was unleashed as a debut single in 1987. You see, The Proclaimers don't do BBC-style accents, they growl with gruff Caledonian vowels and holler with a Leith burr that could baffle most lazy ears south of the border (that's the M25, by the way).
But it hasn't stopped them from reaching a wider audience, though with little owed to radio stations who struggled to play anything other than mega-hit 'Letter From America' and the by-now ridiculously-famous walking anthem, 'I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)'. If you've not walked the West Highland Way with that blasting through your earholes, you haven't lived - it is a 'stayer', shall we say, even when adapted for 2007's Comic Relief (it featured the 'wheelchair-bound' characters, Brian Potter (Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights) and Andy Pipkin (Little Britain's Matt Lucas).
What sets the Reids apart from the Gallaghers of this world is mutual respect and compatibility - you somehow imagine that they've really enjoyed their life together, writing and performing some truly special music along the way. Listen to their Top 10 'Sunshine on Leith' album, front-to-back, and I dare you to not at least suffer 'tremble-lip' during the title track or their cover of Hank Williams' 'My Old Friend The Blues'. *grabs tissue.
And so 2012 sees album number nine hit the shelves and servers in May, possibly another Top 30 contender - called 'Get Comedy', the last laugh has certainly been aimed at The Proclaimers' fiercest critics (mostly from England - possibly). Later this year, the twins will promote the album with a massive six-week jaunt that is considerably longer in mileage than their biggest hit suggests.
First stop on their tour (after festival slots at V Festival 2012, Hebcelt 2012 on the Isle of Lewis and Cambridge Folk Festival) is King's Lynn on 16th October, followed by St Albans, Shrewsbury, Bristol, Shepherd's Bush and tons more, before they head up to their homeland for partisan shows in Glasgow (two nights), Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth and finally, for two nights, Edinburgh on 22nd and 23rd November. Tickets cost from £26.50 and are on sale for some gigs from Friday 9th March at 10am, with the remainder on sale from Friday 16th March.
- Sun 22nd Jul 2018 The ProclaimersVenue Cymru - Theatre/ Arena/ Conference Centre (Llandudno)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Jul 2018 The ProclaimersThe Sands Centre (Carlisle)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Jul 2018 The ProclaimersSpa Theatre and Ocean Room (Scarborough)Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th Aug 2018 The ProclaimersPavilion Theatre (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersSt David's Hall (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersTheatre Royal (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersKing George's Hall (Blackburn)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Tue 16th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersTheatre Royal Concert Hall (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersBarbican Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersCity Hall (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersHull City Hall (Hull)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 The ProclaimersCity Hall/ Memorial Hall/ Ballroom (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 The ProclaimersDe Montfort Hall and Gardens (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersCliffs Pavilion (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersGuildhall (Portsmouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersBath Forum (Bath)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Oct 2018 The ProclaimersSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 The ProclaimersThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 The ProclaimersLondon Palladium (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 The ProclaimersWarwick Arts Centre (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 The ProclaimersOpera House (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 The ProclaimersPlayhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Nov 2018 The ProclaimersPlayhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 The ProclaimersAlhambra Theatre (Dunfermline)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 The ProclaimersO2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 The ProclaimersO2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 The ProclaimersPerth Concert Hall (Perth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 The ProclaimersInverness Leisure - Inverness Aquadome (Inverness)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 The ProclaimersAECC BHGE Arena (Aberdeen)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 The ProclaimersRegent Theatre (Ipswich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 The ProclaimersThe Anvil/ The Forge (Basingstoke)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 The ProclaimersThe White Rock Theatre/ Sussex Hall (Hastings)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 The ProclaimersUlster Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 The ProclaimersVicar Street (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 The ProclaimersMotherwell Concert Hall (Motherwell)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 The ProclaimersAlbert Halls (Stirling)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 The ProclaimersCaird Hall/ Marryat Hall (Dundee)Buy Tickets