Eric Johnson announces Up Close 2012 UK tour - pre-sale tickets available from Thursday 8th March
When delayed gratification is a thing of the past and all music available pretty much instantly most of the time, we should all be reassured that the world still seems to appreciate great musicianship.
Although probably most widely known for his Grammy-winning 1991 single 'Cliffs of Dover', Johnson also has a fearsome reputation as one of the planet's most skilled and respected guitarists, turning his hand to electric, acoustic and bass versions, as well as being an accomplished pianist and vocalist.
Johnson's flame began to burn brightly in the 1980s when legendary comedian Bill Hicks became a fan and even opened a few gigs for 'EJ', bringing the fellow Texan some much deserved wider recognition. 'Zap', from Johnson's 1987 second album 'Tones' would be nominated for a Grammy for Best Rock Instrumental Performance but it was the album 'Ah Via Musicom', released three years later, that sent Johnson's career into orbit.
The record turned Platinum and spawned the gong-heavy 'Cliffs of Dover' which continues to soundtrack compilations and video games (including Guitar Hero III) more than two decades later. Highly regarded and deservedly revered by the press and his peers, EJ is bringing his indisputable skills to the UK in the summer. His latest record, 'Up Close', was released in 2010 and the guitarist continues to tour the album.
Eric Johnson kicks off the Up Close tour at the Holmfirth Picturedrome on Friday 6th July, followed by dates in Glasgow, Gateshead and Bath, before the final date at London's Leicester Square Theatre on Tuesday 10th July.
We will have tickets available on pre-sale from 9am on Thursday 8th March, priced £30 for London and £25 for all other dates.
You may be interested in
- Tue 4th Jun 2019 to Sat 8th Jun 2019 Billy Cobham, Randy BreckerBuy Tickets
- Wed 10th Jul 2019 and Thu 11th Jul 2019 Christian McBrideBuy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jul 2019 and Sat 13th Jul 2019 Mike Stern, Dave WecklBuy Tickets
- Tue 8th Oct 2019 Richard BonaUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Oct 2019 to Fri 8th Nov 2019 Christopher Cross: Take Me as I AmBuy Tickets
- Sun 17th Nov 2019 London Jazz Festival, Dave Holland, Zakir Hussain, Chris Pot...Cadogan Hall (Kensington and Chelsea)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 to Mon 2nd Dec 2019 Uli Jon RothBuy Tickets