Roger Daltrey, Paul Weller, Paul McCartney, Pulp, Kelly Jones and Florence and the Machine all line-up for the Teenage Cancer Trust 2012 gigs - tickets Friday 24th Feb
Teenage cancer. Few phrases can so brutally sum up the challenges some young people face just to stay alive. The Teenage Cancer Trust was set up in 1997 and, after many years of sensitively and subtly-titled fundraising efforts and foundations, the name of this new charity went straight for the jugular. It worked.
The TCT quickly collected a number of high profile supporters who are all continuing to help raise awareness about a disease that sees six teenagers in the UK diagnosed with cancer every day. There has been excellent support from Arsenal FC and, perhaps most notably, since 2000 there has been the annual Teenage Cancer Trust Concert series led by The Who's Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey (who opens this year's run).
Down the years, the Royal Albert Hall - Kensington has hosted TCT gigs that have welcomed Noel Gallagher, Chris Martin, Ronnie Wood, Depeche Mode, the Arctic Monkeys and many more. The line-up for the 2012 series of dates has just been announced and the roster of headliners is as impressive as any this year.
The seven gigs begin on Wednesday 28th March with Roger Daltrey, Paul Weller and Kelly Jones leading the line, followed on 29th March by none other than Paul McCartney, then Example on Friday 30th, Pulp on 31st March and Jessie J on Sunday 1st April. Comedy takes over the Royal Albert Hall on Monday 2nd with Jason Manford hosting before Florence and the Machine head-up the final gig of the series on Tuesday 3rd April 2012. Support and special guests to be confirmed in due course.
We will have tickets available for all dates when they go on sale at 9.30am on Friday 24th February, priced from £25.
Great cause, AMAZING line-up. There is no doubt that these will be some of hottest tickets of the spring so keep your morning clear on Friday.
There are also a handful of smaller gigs in support of the TCT at London's 100 Club, with prices starting from £10 (available now) - see below for headline acts.
As if you needed any more convincing as to what it's all about, you could always visit www.teenagecancertrust.org to find out more about this important cause.
- Mon 25th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Rudimental, GhettsRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 27th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Tom GrennanRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Take ThatRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, DovesRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, The ScriptRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 31st Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Levellers: A Beautiful Night OutRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets