Michael Kiwanuka announces summer 2012 UK and Ireland dates - tickets on sale Friday 17th Feb
Those who saw Adele live in 2011 (whatever happened to her?) were in for an unexpected treat. The surprise came in the form of singer-songwriter Michael Kiwanuka, whose vocals of pure honey topped warm fuzzy soul, packed full of hooks and rich textures.
Unusually for a new artist breaking through, Kiwanuka seemed to arrive fully formed. A bottomless well of embracing, rootsy soul, an easy going manner and a confident smile all belied the young Londoner's tender age. But the music continues to speak for itself. A clutch of EPs, a whole raft of gigs and guest appearances and a lot of radio exposure all helped push Kiwanuka to the top of the BBC's endlessly talked about Sound of 2012 poll.
That particularly accolade sat incongruously on the shoulders of an artist with a decidedly retro sound but the songwriter has worn it well and 2012 does indeed look like being a big year for the 24-year-old. We'll know more when he releases his debut album, 'Home Again', on 12th March.
The new tour kicks off in Bournemouth on 13th May, followed by dates in Manchester, Glasgow, Dublin and more, before the final gig of the tour at the Shepherds Bush Empire on 23rd May. We will have tickets available when they go on sale at 9am on Friday 17th February, priced £14 for London, €16 for Dublin and £12.50 for the remaining UK shows.
Ahead of the May gigs, Michael is continuing his February tour in Birmingham tomorrow night, followed by London, Manchester, Liverpool and more, before the final date in Edinburgh on the 25th. A couple of dates are sold out (Leeds, Edinburgh), but we still have a number of Standard and/or Premium tickets available for most gigs.
He'll also be performing at the Brits next week and we still have Premium tickets available for the industry's big night.
You may be interested in
- Wed 23rd May 2018 Beck, Yeah Yeah Yeahs3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 and Fri 21st Sep 2018 DJ YodaBuy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Common People Southampton, Lily Allen, James, All Saints, Th...Southampton Common (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 All Points East, Björk, Beck, Father John Misty, Flying...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th May 2018 Beck, ShameBournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 GorillazMalahide Castle (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 26th Jun 2018 to Thu 28th Jun 2018 Jack WhiteBuy Tickets
- Sat 14th Jul 2018 NOS Alive, Pearl Jam, Jack WhitePasseio Marítimo de Algés (Lisbon)Buy Tickets