Buy tickets to see The Madness of George III and save up to 40%!! Meal Deals also available
Alan Bennett's celebrated 1991 play The Madness of George III, was previously turned into an Oscar-winning 1994 film starring Nigel Hawthorne as the long-serving Hanoverian monarch. Behind the title was the story of a monarch who lived until he was 81, reigning for nearly sixty years during a time of great political and cultural change. The American War of Independence and the French Revolution, two of the greatest moments in human history, took place on George's watch. He even gave his name to a design movement synonymous with slender rectilinear elegance, familiar today to viewers of Grand Designs as 'those lovely windows'.
Set alongside this is the sub-plot of a wrestle for power with his son, the Prince of Wales, who ruled (as the Prince Regent) when his father became too ill to do so, and ultimately as the comparatively short-lived King George IV. Put this potent mix of historical drama and political change in the hands of a great playwright and you have yourself a hit.
The success of Bennett's 'The Madness of George III' continues today with a new production, directed by Christopher Luscombe and starring David Haig, which made its debut in Bath last summer.
After a recent UK tour, 'The Madness of King George' has now taken a high-profile residency at the Apollo Theatre on Shaftesbury Avenue from January until 31st March 2012. In order to fill a few remaining Balcony and Upper Circle places during the remainder of its run, we are pleased to announce a limited amount of discounted tickets!
The Special Offer is: Buy selected tickets to see The Madness of George III at the Apollo Theatre and save up to 40%. The offer applies to Evening and Matinee performances Monday to Friday and Matinees only on Saturdays until 31st March. Upper Circle seats valued at £39.50 now cost £27.50 and Balcony seats valued at £25 will cost £15! Spaces are limited so hurry. To take advantage of this offer click on Book this offer below.
We can also offer you a Meal Deal package, valid until 31st March, which entitles you to an Upper Circle seat and a two-course meal at Grace Bar and Restaurant for just £31.50 each. To purchase, click on Book Meal Deal below.
- Book this offer
- Book Meal Deal
You may be interested in
- Wed 21st Nov 2018 to Fri 6th Sep 2019 Mamma Mia!Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Dec 2018 to Sun 19th May 2019 Screening: Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite, PetrushkaBuy Tickets
- Tue 4th Dec 2018 to Sun 5th May 2019 SIX [show]Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 to Sun 23rd Dec 2018 The Luna Cinema: It's a Wonderful LifeBuy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Dec 2018 and Sun 23rd Dec 2018 Winter WassailBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd Jan 2019 to Fri 29th Mar 2019 Dan SnowBuy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 to Sat 31st Aug 2019 GreaseBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 to Sat 30th Mar 2019 The American ClockBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Feb 2019 Speaking in Tongues [tribute], Talking Heads [Alan Bennett]100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Jul 2019 to Sat 17th Aug 2019 Grease, Peter AndreBuy Tickets