Lady Antebellum set to Own the Night on 2012 tour - Birmingham Academy date just added!
Nashville trio Lady Antebellum are continuing their assault on the global music scene with the European leg of their Own the Night 2012 tour, which kicks off in Ireland in July
For so long, only the very biggest US country acts bothered the UK charts but Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood have, with 'Lady A', hit upon a winning formula. After the eponymous debut record loitered around the darkest end of the chart, follow-up 'Need You Now' broke into the UK Top 10 and was bettered still by last year's 'Own the Night', which peaked at No 4.
Both LPs topped the US country and main Billboard countdowns with 'Need You Know' selling half-a-million copies in its first week in the US alone. Grammy nominations (and a win), plus a dozen or so country music awards stateside, have seen Lady Antebellum satisfy country 'purists' as well as finding a crossover audience for their brand of accessible pop-country. And BBC Radio 2 loves them.
"Every time we've gone over to Europe, the fans there have given us such a warm welcome," Lady A's Dave Haywood told the band's website, adding that touring Europe "is going to be a blast".
There's every chance that the fans will be lining up once again (in their thousands) when Lady Antebellum kick off their European dates at the Olympia Theatre in Dublin on 10th July, followed by Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall and then the Manchester Apollo, before the London gig at the Hammersmith Apollo on 16th July 2012.
West Midlands fans of the band will be delighted to learn of a newly-confirmed show in their region. As part of their aforementioned UK jaunt, Lady Antebellum will now close the tour out at the Birmingham O2 Academy on 17th July. We will have tickets available for this show from 9am Friday 25th May, priced at £27.50.
Other shows on the tour are still available for purchase, including Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester and Hammersmith (also £27.50, except London which is £30). The band are also performing as support for Bruce Springsteen at Hard Rock Calling on 14th July - but that show is sold out.
You may be interested in
- Sat 25th May 2019 to Sun 22nd Sep 2019 The ShiresBuy Tickets
- Thu 30th May 2019 to Sun 9th Jun 2019 Megan McKennaBuy Tickets
- Sun 9th Jun 2019 and Tue 17th Sep 2019 Katy HurtBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 to Fri 24th Apr 2020 Nathan CarterBuy Tickets
- Fri 28th Jun 2019 to Thu 4th Jul 2019 Carrie Underwood, The Shires: Cry PrettyBuy Tickets
- Fri 28th Jun 2019 Summer Celebration: Nathan Carter, Jessie BuckleyBotanic Gardens (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jul 2019 Cornbury Festival, Keane, KT Tunstall, Elkie Brooks, The Shi...The Great Tew Park (Oxfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jul 2019 The Shires, Beth McCarthyThe Old Station Pocklington (Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jul 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 k.d. lang: Ingénue Redux – 25th AnniversaryBuy Tickets
- Tue 16th Jul 2019 to Thu 25th Jul 2019 Lauren AlainaBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jul 2019 The Wandering Hearts, Lauren Alaina, Catherine McGrath, Eve ...The Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Aug 2019 Castell Roc, The ShiresChepstow Racecourse (Monmouthshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Sep 2019 to Tue 1st Oct 2019 Ashley McBrydeBuy Tickets
- Tue 1st Oct 2019 to Tue 15th Oct 2019 Jess and the BanditsBuy Tickets
- Sat 12th Oct 2019 and Sun 13th Oct 2019 Brad PaisleyBuy Tickets
- Fri 13th Mar 2020 C2C: Country to CountryThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)More Info..