Lady Antebellum set to Own the Night on 2012 tour - Birmingham Academy date just added!
Nashville trio Lady Antebellum are continuing their assault on the global music scene with the European leg of their Own the Night 2012 tour, which kicks off in Ireland in July
For so long, only the very biggest US country acts bothered the UK charts but Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood have, with 'Lady A', hit upon a winning formula. After the eponymous debut record loitered around the darkest end of the chart, follow-up 'Need You Now' broke into the UK Top 10 and was bettered still by last year's 'Own the Night', which peaked at No 4.
Both LPs topped the US country and main Billboard countdowns with 'Need You Know' selling half-a-million copies in its first week in the US alone. Grammy nominations (and a win), plus a dozen or so country music awards stateside, have seen Lady Antebellum satisfy country 'purists' as well as finding a crossover audience for their brand of accessible pop-country. And BBC Radio 2 loves them.
"Every time we've gone over to Europe, the fans there have given us such a warm welcome," Lady A's Dave Haywood told the band's website, adding that touring Europe "is going to be a blast".
There's every chance that the fans will be lining up once again (in their thousands) when Lady Antebellum kick off their European dates at the Olympia Theatre in Dublin on 10th July, followed by Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall and then the Manchester Apollo, before the London gig at the Hammersmith Apollo on 16th July 2012.
West Midlands fans of the band will be delighted to learn of a newly-confirmed show in their region. As part of their aforementioned UK jaunt, Lady Antebellum will now close the tour out at the Birmingham O2 Academy on 17th July. We will have tickets available for this show from 9am Friday 25th May, priced at £27.50.
Other shows on the tour are still available for purchase, including Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester and Hammersmith (also £27.50, except London which is £30). The band are also performing as support for Bruce Springsteen at Hard Rock Calling on 14th July - but that show is sold out.
You may be interested in
- Tue 22nd May 2018 to Sat 25th Aug 2018 The ShiresBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 to Sun 30th Dec 2018 Nathan CarterBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 to Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Taylor SwiftBuy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 to Wed 8th Aug 2018 Beth Nielsen ChapmanBuy Tickets
- Sun 1st Jul 2018 Nathan Carter, Live at the MarqueeMarquee (Cork)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Park, Michael Bubl&e...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th Aug 2018 Edinburgh Summer Sessions, The ShiresPrinces Street Gardens (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 to Thu 13th Sep 2018 Clare BowenBuy Tickets
- Tue 4th Sep 2018 to Fri 7th Sep 2018 Lee Ann Womack, Charlie WorshamBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Sep 2018 Nathan Carter, Houghton WeaversThe Guild Hall & Charter Theatre (Preston)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Sep 2018 to Wed 3rd Oct 2018 Shania TwainBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Thomas Rhett, Devin DawsonEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets