Andrew W.K. preparing to Get Wet with 2012 UK dates - tickets Friday 20th Jan
It has been around a decade since 'I Get Wet', the debut studio release from Andrew Wilkes Krier, aka Andrew W.K., caused a stir with its memorable and thought-provoking cover art.
The 2001 12-track release may have topped the US Billboard Heatseekers Chart (for new/emerging artists) and spawned a number of memorable hit singles, but it is for the close-up cover image of Andrew W.K. with a bloodied nose, the red stuff streaming down his face and neck after a blow to the face, that the record is most widely known.
Rock being rock, it was quickly pointed out that the singer had self-inflicted this injury in the studio, with a brick no less. W.K. later revised the tale to confirm that the brick blow had not produced enough claret, so he'd supplemented the flow with animal blood from a nearby butchers. Strangely, a bit more rock'n'roll than the original ole brick-smash story. In any case, the result was very effective (as you can see).
Andrew W.K. is marking the 10th anniversary of the album's release with a tour during which the musician and his band will perform 'I Get Wet' in its entirety, which will include the hit singles 'Party Hard' and 'She Is Beautiful'.
The short UK tour kicks off at London's Electric Ballroom on 12th April, followed by Manchester's Club Academy the next night and finally the Glasgow Garage on 14th April. [note: both the London and Manchester dates have now been upgraded due to demand. The London gig is now at the HMV Forum, with Manchester's taking place in the same building but at the Academy, rather than Club Academy - Ed]
We'll have tickets for the UK shows when they go on sale at 9am on Friday 20th January, priced £17.50 for London and £15 for Manchester and Glasgow.
The Scottish gig is the last night of the 'I Get Wet' anniversary tour so, if he hasn't already done so (every night), you can expect W.K. to end the tour with a self-administered Glasgow Kiss to recreate the cover. The least you can do is go to the gig gored up.
You may be interested in
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 SkindredBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 Holding AbsenceJac's (Glamorgan)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Winter Rocks: Skindred, Stone Broken, Wayward SonsThe Corporation (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 to Wed 5th Dec 2018 A Perfect CircleBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 ClawfingerO2 Academy Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 5th Feb 2019 to Sun 17th Feb 2019 Buckcherry, HoobastankBuy Tickets
- Wed 20th Feb 2019 to Thu 28th Feb 2019 Steely Dan, Steve WinwoodBuy Tickets
- Tue 26th Feb 2019 to Thu 14th Mar 2019 P.O.D, Alien Ant FarmBuy Tickets
- Wed 27th Feb 2019 to Fri 1st Mar 2019 GodsmackBuy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Apr 2019 to Sat 4th May 2019 Hollywood UndeadBuy Tickets
- Sat 11th May 2019 to Wed 15th May 2019 DisturbedBuy Tickets
- Sun 9th Jun 2019 to Wed 16th Dec 2020 Elton John: Farewell Yellow Brick RoadBuy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Jun 2019 Billy JoelWembley Stadium (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Jun 2019 The Eagles, Sheryl CrowWembley Stadium (Wembley)Buy Tickets