This Will Destroy You - 2012 UK tour dates on sale now
Instrumental Texan outfit This Will Destroy You resist their labelling as 'post-rock', preferring 'doomgaze' - a marriage of doom metal and shoegaze (not shoe-metal, then). Either way, it's three guitars, a drum kit and a lot of energy. It is rock, of sorts, albeit with a droning theatricality.
The four-piece also claim their name is meant to be misleading and "a little bit obnoxious". If you've ever seen a three-guitar band at Moho Live in Manchester (where TWDY play in April), you will know that if you stand just in front of the stairs, about 20 feet from the stage, there is a very real chance that the noise WILL destroy you.
Genre-defying, deliberate obnoxiousness and bleeding ears aside, TWDY have produced two critically-acclaimed albums; 2008's self-titled debut and last year's 'Tunnel Blanket', which picked up four- and five-star reviews and entered the US Billboard Heatseekers chart at No 25. TWDY toured the record in 2011, selling out most of the half-dozen summer dates.
This Will Destroy You kick off their whistle-stop 2012 UK 'tour' at Moho Live in Manchester on 4th April, followed by a gig at the Islington Academy the next night.
We have tickets available now for the Manchester gig, priced £10. We'll have Islington tickets when they go on sale at midday on Monday 16th January, priced £13.50.
With most of the 2011 tour having sold out, demand for these two gigs is expected to be high.
- Fri 6th Jul 2018 This Will Destroy YouElectric Ballroom (Camden)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 to Fri 31st Aug 2018 PiL: The Public Image Is RottenBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Great Northern Soundtrack: VesselsThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Jun 2018 to Fri 16th Nov 2018 And So I Watch You From AfarBuy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 Haiku SalutBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 and Sat 22nd Sep 2018 Yndi HaldaBuy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 CaspianKey Club (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Thu 4th Oct 2018 MONO [JP], A Storm of LightCluny (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 MONO [JP]Left Bank [formerly St Margaret of Antioch] (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 and Sun 7th Oct 2018 Three Trapped Tigers, The Physics House BandBuy Tickets
- Mon 15th Oct 2018 to Wed 17th Oct 2018 LowBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 65daysofstatic: Decomposition Theory: CaveBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 ListenerBuy Tickets