Marguerita Time again - Status Quo announce summer 2012 gigs - tickets on sale now
'Status Quo' is a fitting epithet for a band that are a paragon of stability, resolutely resistant to the whims of change and who remain reliably, loyally, wonderfully, simply 'Quo'.
It's been more than 40 years since Catford cats Francis Rossi and Alan Lancaster were joined by Rick Parfitt to form the core of Status Quo. After dabbling with psychedelia and charting with their first single, 1967's trippy, dippy 'Pictures of Matchstick Men', the Quo settled on a successful, if now familiar, formula of limited chord progression, faded blue jeans and trainers and some of the best Dad Rock ever recorded.
Status Quo must not be underestimated however. They've registered 60-odd UK hit singles, 22 of them reaching the Top Ten. They have global record sales of more than 100 million [more than 118 million, in fact - Ed]. They opened Live Aid at Wembley stadium in 1985. They still look the same.
Yet, unlike a number of long-serving rock bands, Status Quo are no Trigger's Broom, with key parts replaced time and time again [ay up, haven't you used that one before? - Ed]. Parfitt and Rossi remain the group's axis. Lancaster left after the Live Aid show, having already clocked up around two decades' service. Keys man Andy Brown has been in the band since the mid-seventies and bassist John Edwards has been with the Quo since 1986.
Even the 'latest' addition, drummer Matt Letley, has been on board more than 10 years. In fact, in 44 years, the five-piece has had no more than 11 permanent members, and four of those have been drummers (it's always the drummers).
With a pedigree and back catalogue that needs no introduction (despite the, er, introduction above), Status Quo have announced initial outdoor dates for 2012.
They play Speke Hall in Liverpool on 3rd June (supported by The Christians), we have tickets available now priced from £29.50. On 24th August, the Quo play Northern Meeting Park in Inverness, we have tickets from £36.
You may be interested in
- Sun 2nd Jun 2019 Pub in the Park, The ChristiansRoundhay Park (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 The ChristiansWest End Centre (Aldershot)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Jun 2019 The ChristiansCheltenham Town Hall (Cheltenham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Jun 2019 The ChristiansTheatre Royal (Lincoln)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Jul 2019 Pub in the Park, The Christians: Afternoon SessionSt Nicholas' Park (Warwick)Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Sep 2019 Pub in the Park, The Christians: Afternoon SessionVerulamium Park (St. Albans)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Sep 2019 The ChristiansHarpenden Public Halls (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Sep 2019 The ChristiansHolmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th Oct 2019 The ChristiansThe Voodoo Rooms (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th Oct 2019 The ChristiansThe Bungalow (Renfrewshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th Oct 2019 The ChristiansThe Albany (Renfrewshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Nov 2019 The ChristiansUnder the Bridge (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Nov 2019 The ChristiansThe Flowerpot (Derby)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019 The ChristiansThe Met Arts Centre (Bury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Apr 2020 The ChristiansThe Civic Hall - Cottingham (East Riding of Yorkshire)Buy Tickets