The Twang to follow new album with spring 2012 UK tour - tickets on sale now
Posted: 16th December 2011
With an as yet unnamed third album set for release in January, Brummie indie rock outfit The Twang have announced a spring 2012 UK tour.
Following a series of successful autumn dates that offered a glimpse into the band's first new material for more than two years, Phil Everidge's football-loving indie-poppers will be hoping to build on a back catalogue that includes the hits 'Wide Awake' and 'Either Way' and two Top 20 albums.
Formed in Birmingham in 2004, The Twang's debut album, 'Love It When I Feel Like This', peaked at No 4 and, along with those two standout singles, quickly cemented the band's reputation as fun-loving, down-to-earth, crowd-pleasing weekenders. In fact, so dedicated are The Twang to having a good time that the autumn dates were almost entirely geared toward the weekend party crowd.
Their accessible sound also earned them a number of TV credits for their music, with tracks being picked up by both ITV and the BBC to accompany live football coverage; particularly fitting for a band so dedicated to the support of the West Midlands' various football teams.
The Twang's spring tour kicks off in Carlisle on 24th February, moving on to Glasgow, Hull, Manchester, Derby, London (Islington Academy) and more, before the final date of the run in Brighton on 31st March 2012.
Tickets are on sale now, priced £15 for London and £12.50 for all other dates - check below for availability.
Ahead of the new album, The Twang play a hometown Christmas show at the Birmingham Academy on 20th December, with support from Finley Quaye, Peace and Silver Souvenirs. We have tickets available now, priced £10.
- Sun 22nd Nov 2020 The Twang : A Month of Sundays Manchester Academy (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Nov 2020 The Twang Saint Luke's Glasgow (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th Dec 2020 The Twang : A Month of Sundays The Sage (Gateshead) Buy Tickets
- Sun 13th Dec 2020 The Twang : A Month of Sundays Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush) Buy Tickets
- Sun 30th May 2021 Sonic Wave Festival: The Twang, JAWS, Swim Deep, The Blinders, Lady Bird, Talk Show, The Ninth Wave, AIRWAYS Various Venues (Birmingham) Buy Tickets