Get on the Groovy Train - The Farm announce Spartacus Live tour for May 2012
The tour has been postponed to September and October 2012 due to illness.
It's been 20 years since The Farm became a seven-years-in-the-making overnight success with their debut album, 'Spartacus'. Fronted by Peter Hooton, The Farm's baggy sensibilities fitted well with the Madchester scene of the day and the record topped the UK album charts, spawning a handful of memorable singles.
But it had been a long time coming and it was largely thanks to Suggs that The Farm broke through at all. Having worked with the Madness frontman briefly in the mid-eighties, the boys hooked up with him again at the end of the decade to appear in his film project, 'The Final Frame'. Signed shortly afterwards, the band hired Suggs (credited under his real name of Graham McPherson) to produce their first album.
Soon after, their cover of the Monkees' 1966 hit 'Steppin' Stone' got The Farm noticed and 'Spartacus' followed. Stand-out hits 'Groovy Train' and the indie pub sing-along 'All Together Now' continue to enjoy radio play today and, with 'Spartacus', are likely to be held in high affection by anyone who can recall Italia '90 with any clarity.
'All Together Now' has continued its football association by being selected as the official anthem of the England football team at the Euro 2004 championships. The track's showing on re-release was as unmemorable as the team's performance but, still, we will always have Italia '90, Gazza crying and 'Spartacus'.
The Farm will be performing 'Spartacus' in its entirety, kicking off at The Ritz in Manchester on 4th May, followed by shows in Holmfirth, Nuneaton, Blackburn and Wolverhampton, before the final gig announced so far at the Islington Academy on 19th May 2012.
We have tickets available now for all dates, costing £15 (£17.50 for London).
Rescheduled to September/ October due to illness
The Farm's 'Spartacus Live' tour will now take place in September and October due to illness. Many of the dates have now been rescheduled, but any remaining May dates (below) will be updated as soon as we have the latest schedule.
Manchester has now been cancelled (originally rescheduled for 6th October).
You may be interested in
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Fri 21st Dec 2018 808 State, Lone: 30Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Sat 6th Apr 2019 Black GrapeBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 CastBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 Friendly Fires, Justin RobertsonRiverside (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 to Fri 5th Apr 2019 Black Grape, Shaun RyderBuy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 to Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Rüfüs Du Sol [aus]Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 to Sat 1st Dec 2018 Friendly FiresBuy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 to Sun 9th Dec 2018 james, The CharlatansBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 to Fri 21st Dec 2018 Pop Will Eat ItselfBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 808 StateSWG3 (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 Happy Mondays, Tom HingleyThe Avenue (Chesterfield)Buy Tickets
- Wed 23rd Jan 2019 and Sun 27th Jan 2019 Pete WylieBuy Tickets
- Thu 7th Feb 2019 to Sat 23rd Feb 2019 Peter Hook: Technique and RepublicBuy Tickets
- Thu 14th Feb 2019 to Fri 12th Apr 2019 SpaceBuy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Feb 2019 23 Skidoo100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Thu 4th Apr 2019 Crystal FightersO2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Apr 2019 to Sun 21st Apr 2019 Love from Stourbridge 2019: Ned's Atomic Dustbin, Pop Will Eat Itself, Miles HuntBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th May 2019 All Points East, Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Primal Scream,...Victoria Park (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 Neighbourhood Weekender, George Ezra, Primal Scream, Nothing...Victoria Park (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 Gigantic Vol. 5: Echo and the Bunnymen, The Wonder Stuff, The Bluetones, Jesu...Manchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th May 2019 Neighbourhood Weekender, Richard Ashcroft, The Vaccines, Sla...Victoria Park (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Jun 2019 The Courteeners, DMA's, james, Pale WavesHeaton Park (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Jul 2019 Peter Hook, Manchester Camerata: Joy Division OrchestratedRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets