Get on the Groovy Train - The Farm announce Spartacus Live tour for May 2012
The tour has been postponed to September and October 2012 due to illness.
It's been 20 years since The Farm became a seven-years-in-the-making overnight success with their debut album, 'Spartacus'. Fronted by Peter Hooton, The Farm's baggy sensibilities fitted well with the Madchester scene of the day and the record topped the UK album charts, spawning a handful of memorable singles.
But it had been a long time coming and it was largely thanks to Suggs that The Farm broke through at all. Having worked with the Madness frontman briefly in the mid-eighties, the boys hooked up with him again at the end of the decade to appear in his film project, 'The Final Frame'. Signed shortly afterwards, the band hired Suggs (credited under his real name of Graham McPherson) to produce their first album.
Soon after, their cover of the Monkees' 1966 hit 'Steppin' Stone' got The Farm noticed and 'Spartacus' followed. Stand-out hits 'Groovy Train' and the indie pub sing-along 'All Together Now' continue to enjoy radio play today and, with 'Spartacus', are likely to be held in high affection by anyone who can recall Italia '90 with any clarity.
'All Together Now' has continued its football association by being selected as the official anthem of the England football team at the Euro 2004 championships. The track's showing on re-release was as unmemorable as the team's performance but, still, we will always have Italia '90, Gazza crying and 'Spartacus'.
The Farm will be performing 'Spartacus' in its entirety, kicking off at The Ritz in Manchester on 4th May, followed by shows in Holmfirth, Nuneaton, Blackburn and Wolverhampton, before the final gig announced so far at the Islington Academy on 19th May 2012.
We have tickets available now for all dates, costing £15 (£17.50 for London).
Rescheduled to September/ October due to illness
The Farm's 'Spartacus Live' tour will now take place in September and October due to illness. Many of the dates have now been rescheduled, but any remaining May dates (below) will be updated as soon as we have the latest schedule.
Manchester has now been cancelled (originally rescheduled for 6th October).
You may be interested in
- Wed 22nd Aug 2018 and Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Rüfüs Du Sol [aus]Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Infest, Peter HookBradford University Students Union (Bradford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Inner City Live: Happy Mondays, Peter HookZebedee's Yard (Hull)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 FAC51 The HaciendaEden (San Antonio)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Cool Britannia, Happy Mondays, The Lightning Seeds, Feeder, ...Knebworth House and Gardens (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Cool Britannia, Ocean Colour Scene, Embrace, Razorlight, Cas...Knebworth House and Gardens (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Sep 2018 and Sat 22nd Sep 2018 An Audience with: Shaun RyderBuy Tickets
- Fri 7th Sep 2018 to Fri 22nd Mar 2019 SpaceBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 Shiiine On, Orbital, Shed Seven, Happy Mondays, Embrace, Gla...O2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 to Sun 30th Sep 2018 Peter Hook: Technique and RepublicBuy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 to Fri 30th Nov 2018 Black GrapeBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Star Shaped Festival, Ocean Colour Scene, Black Grape, Echob...O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Sat 10th Nov 2018 U2: eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCEBuy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 23 Skidoo100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Black Grape, Shaun RyderBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Fri 21st Dec 2018 808 State, Lone: 30Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 CastBuy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 to Sun 9th Dec 2018 james, The CharlatansBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 to Fri 21st Dec 2018 Pop Will Eat ItselfBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 808 StateSWG3 (Glasgow)Buy Tickets