Feeder announce intimate dates for early 2012 - tickets: Friday 9th December
Posted: 7th December 2011
It is 20 years since Feeder were formed by Newport pair Grant Nicholas and Jon Lee, and the band's extraordinary story began.
Japanese bass player Taka Hirose was soon added and the trio went through a number of names before titling their project 'Feeder' after Nicholas' pet goldfish. The next two decades saw Feeder release seven studio albums and more than 30 singles, including the UK top hits 'Tumble and Fall' and their most famous song, 'Buck Rogers' (a No 1 in South Africa).
Feeder earned a reputation as a solid UK rock band with a South Wales accent who excelled through stellar live shows, playing a range of high profile UK festivals including a headline spot at the Download Festival in 2005.
But it's not been all peaches and cream for the band. In 2002, founder and drummer Jon Lee committed suicide in his Miami home and Feeder were split wide open.
Deep breaths all round and a stand-in drummer (Mark Richardson of Skunk Anansie) helped the band complete their fifth album, 'Comfort in Sound', which went on to become their second Platinum-selling record in succession.
Karl Brazil was recruited after Richardson returned to Skunk Anansie in 2009 and, for Grant Nicholas, the bond the band had enjoyed with Jon Lee on the skins was partly restored. A seventh record, 'Renegades' followed in 2010 and an eighth LP is due for release soon. The winter dates may well see the band trying out the new material.
The first of the four intimate shows is at the Exeter Lemon Grove on 30th January, followed by Koko in London and the Kasbah in Coventry, before the final date announced so far at the Inverness Ironworks on 3rd February 2012.
We will have tickets available when they go on sale at 9AM on Friday 9th December, priced £19.50 for London and from £16 for all other venues.
- Thu 15th Oct 2020 Feeder The Corn Exchange (Cambridge) Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Oct 2020 Feeder O2 Academy Bournemouth (Bournemouth) Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Oct 2020 Feeder De La Warr Pavilion (Sussex) Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Oct 2020 Feeder O2 Academy Leicester (Leicester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Oct 2020 Feeder O2 Academy Liverpool (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Oct 2020 Feeder O2 Academy (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th May 2021 Feeder, Yonaka, You Me At Six, Catfish and the Bottlemen Singleton Park (Swansea) Buy Tickets