Steel Panther set to get their Balls Out for spring 2012 UK tour
Subtlety isn't some people's strong points - Alice Cooper, Courtney Love, John Lydon, Lemmy and this lot won't be issuing any fluffy Christmas albums anytime soon. And let's face it, if Steel Panther released a festive collection, it'd probably have songs like "Cradle My Full Sack of Christmas Joy", "D'ya Wanna Climb Up My Dusty Chimney?" or, woe betide us, "Deck The Halls with Holly's Bush". Possibly.
Mercifully, Steel Panther have enough coarse innuendo to be getting on with at the moment - they've recently exposed most of Britain's rock fans to their cheeky smile-igniting 'nudge-nudge', with performances this month supporting Def Leppard alongside Mötley Crüe (tickets still available - check below). But the L.A. sleaze-metallers aren't new to the UK - previous album "Feel the Steel" caused some degree of mirth when released in 2009, resulting in a short UK tour the following year.
They sold out their last visit to London last month, which isn't surprising when a rock band has the audacity to name their latest opus, "Balls Out". From its suggestive scantily-clad sleeve and the accompanying hymns to the easily-offended, Steel Panther hover between childish parody and earnest rock chops. Listening to songs like "It Won't Suck Itself" (obviously about ice lollies), "I Like Drugs" (erm, you do the maths) and "Supersonic Sex Machine" (!) and you'd be forgiven for thinking that the new Crue or Poison album had just been released. Listen to the lyrics and it's definitely Steel Panther.
Naturally, you want a little bit more of those horny big cats, right? Good job - they've announced a handful of their very own headlining shows, due to take place in March. Chosen cities so far include Birmingham (27th), Glasgow (28th), Manchester (30th) and finally Brixton on the 31st. Prices start at £16 - we will have them on sale from 9am on Friday.
Apparently, their last single issued in the States was "17 Girls in a Row". At that rate, I make that just over 4 after each UK gig, right ladies? Form an orderly queue then.
You may be interested in
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 The DeRellasThe Victoria [The Vic] (Swindon)Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Jun 2018 to Sun 9th Dec 2018 Mostly AutumnBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 Download, Guns N' RosesDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 to Sun 16th Dec 2018 Chas and Dave: All Seasons LiveBuy Tickets
- Tue 19th Jun 2018 and Wed 20th Jun 2018 The StrutsBuy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 GunSheffield University Students Union/ Octagon/ Foundry (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 Ramblin' Man FairMote Park (Maidstone)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 to Sat 17th Nov 2018 Blackberry SmokeBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 Pout at the DevilWaterfront (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Jul 2018 Halestorm, Steve Earle, Blackberry SmokeMote Park (Maidstone)Buy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Jul 2018 to Mon 1st Oct 2018 Sons of ApolloBuy Tickets
- Wed 4th Jul 2018 The Cadillac ThreeDublin Academy [1/2/ Green Room] (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 17th Jul 2018 to Thu 26th Jul 2018 Steve Earle, The MastersonsBuy Tickets
- Wed 18th Jul 2018 to Sun 29th Jul 2018 Steve EarleBuy Tickets
- Sun 29th Jul 2018 Vince NeilKOKO (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th Aug 2018 Guns 2 Roses, Surreal PantherThe Sugarmill (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 to Sat 8th Sep 2018 LA Guns, Jared James NicholsBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 HRH Sleaze, LA Guns, Santa CruzO2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 Jim Jones and the Righteous MindThe White Hart (Corby)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 HRH Sleaze, Backyard Babies, Tigertailz, Falling Red, Snakeb...O2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Tue 4th Sep 2018 to Thu 6th Sep 2018 LA GunsBuy Tickets
- Wed 19th Sep 2018 to Sat 29th Sep 2018 HalestormBuy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Sep 2018 to Thu 13th Dec 2018 FishBuy Tickets
- Thu 4th Oct 2018 The Sonics, Jim Jones and the Righteous MindThe Garage/ Thousand Island (Highbury)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 Surreal Panther, Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love ReactionThe Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 12th Nov 2018 Chris HolmesThe Craufurd Arms (Wolverton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Les McKeown's Bay City Rollers, Roy WoodWhitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 to Fri 21st Dec 2018 SweetBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 and Sat 15th Dec 2018 Uriah Heep, Von Hertzen BrothersBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Dec 2018 SladeConcorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets