Steel Panther set to get their Balls Out for spring 2012 UK tour
Subtlety isn't some people's strong points - Alice Cooper, Courtney Love, John Lydon, Lemmy and this lot won't be issuing any fluffy Christmas albums anytime soon. And let's face it, if Steel Panther released a festive collection, it'd probably have songs like "Cradle My Full Sack of Christmas Joy", "D'ya Wanna Climb Up My Dusty Chimney?" or, woe betide us, "Deck The Halls with Holly's Bush". Possibly.
Mercifully, Steel Panther have enough coarse innuendo to be getting on with at the moment - they've recently exposed most of Britain's rock fans to their cheeky smile-igniting 'nudge-nudge', with performances this month supporting Def Leppard alongside Mötley Crüe (tickets still available - check below). But the L.A. sleaze-metallers aren't new to the UK - previous album "Feel the Steel" caused some degree of mirth when released in 2009, resulting in a short UK tour the following year.
They sold out their last visit to London last month, which isn't surprising when a rock band has the audacity to name their latest opus, "Balls Out". From its suggestive scantily-clad sleeve and the accompanying hymns to the easily-offended, Steel Panther hover between childish parody and earnest rock chops. Listening to songs like "It Won't Suck Itself" (obviously about ice lollies), "I Like Drugs" (erm, you do the maths) and "Supersonic Sex Machine" (!) and you'd be forgiven for thinking that the new Crue or Poison album had just been released. Listen to the lyrics and it's definitely Steel Panther.
Naturally, you want a little bit more of those horny big cats, right? Good job - they've announced a handful of their very own headlining shows, due to take place in March. Chosen cities so far include Birmingham (27th), Glasgow (28th), Manchester (30th) and finally Brixton on the 31st. Prices start at £16 - we will have them on sale from 9am on Friday.
Apparently, their last single issued in the States was "17 Girls in a Row". At that rate, I make that just over 4 after each UK gig, right ladies? Form an orderly queue then.
- Tue 5th Feb 2019 Steel PantherVicar Street (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Feb 2019 Steel PantherVicar Street (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Feb 2019 Steel PantherUlster Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 Steel PantherManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Feb 2019 Steel PantherRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Mon 11th Feb 2019 Steel PantherManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Mon 12th Nov 2018 to Fri 30th Nov 2018 Chris HolmesBuy Tickets
- Tue 13th Nov 2018 to Sat 17th Nov 2018 Blackberry SmokeBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Les McKeown's Bay City Rollers, Roy WoodWhitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 to Sat 11th May 2019 Mostly AutumnBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 Pout at the DevilUniversity of East Anglia [UEA]/ LCR (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 to Thu 13th Dec 2018 FishBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 SweetBuy Tickets
- Tue 4th Dec 2018 and Thu 20th Dec 2018 Roy WoodBuy Tickets
- Tue 4th Dec 2018 to Tue 11th Dec 2018 Von Hertzen BrothersBuy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 to Sat 29th Dec 2018 SladeBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 to Fri 14th Dec 2018 Black Stone Cherry, The Cadillac Three, Monster Truck: Family TreeBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 The Dogs D'amourThe Fulford Arms (York)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 GunWaterfront (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 and Sat 15th Dec 2018 Uriah Heep, Von Hertzen BrothersBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 and Fri 22nd Feb 2019 Surreal PantherBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Dec 2018 Slade, Dave HillRobin (Wolverhampton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 20th Jan 2019 GEORDIE100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 to Tue 26th Feb 2019 The StrutsBuy Tickets
- Thu 14th Mar 2019 and Sat 23rd Mar 2019 Jizzy Pearl, Love/ HateBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 Jim Jones and the Righteous MindThe White Hart (Corby)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Apr 2019 CrashdïetO2 Academy Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 9th Jul 2019 to Tue 16th Jul 2019 KISS: End of the RoadBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Jul 2019 Slade, Sweet, Hot Chocolate, Bootleg BlondieGaron Park (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Sep 2019 North East Calling, Cockney Rejects, Anti-Nowhere League, Th...Northumbria University Students Union/ Institute (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets