Ross Noble switches on the Mindblender for full 2012 UK tour - tickets on sale from Friday 9th Dec
There must be something in the water in Cramlington, a new town around 10 miles north of Newcastle, because the area has had some seriously famous residents. According to local folklore (and Wikipedia), England and Newcastle United footballing legend turned Match of the Day pundit, Alan Shearer, played for the local juniors team, Sting was a teacher at a local school and bonkers hurricane-haired Ross Noble was allegedly a juggler and circus-performer. And that's when he wasn't being surreal (although some might argue that perching yourself on stilts and selling balloons to kids, is a bit special).
After finally breaking out of bleak Northumberland boredom and breaking into the heady world of comedy, Ross Noble's imagination started to blossom and expand. Check out the titles to some of his shows - "Unrealtime", "Noodlemeister", "Laser Boy" and the most apt, "Randomist", that's the work of mad genius right there. He's featured on several TV comedy shows, as well as being an occasional panellist on game shows, normally proving to be a spot-on choice of guest.
Not surprisingly, the far reaches of the human brain forms part of his new show. Entitled "Mindblender", the show has been cunningly shaped into a UK tour for 2012 and will involve that most Noble of stand-up artists playing to packed theatres across the nations. After performing in Dublin on 28th September, he heads to Tunbridge Wells on 2nd October, Leicester on the 4th, followed by dozens more until two dates at the Hammersmith Apollo on 30th November and 1st December.
Tickets go on sale from Friday morning at 10am - meanwhile, you can see the great man in action at the Crisis at Christmas - Stand Up and Rock charity night at the Hammersmith Apollo on 20th December, along with Paul Weller, Tim Minchin and Graham Coxon etc - £39.50 but selling fast.
You may be interested in
- Sun 26th May 2019 to Thu 30th May 2019 Tony LawBuy Tickets
- Tue 28th May 2019 to Mon 17th Jun 2019 Bill BaileyBuy Tickets
- Fri 31st May 2019 to Sat 15th Jun 2019 Chris McCauslandBuy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Jun 2019 and Mon 15th Jul 2019 Angelos EpithemiouBuy Tickets
- Tue 4th Jun 2019 to Sat 7th Sep 2019 Dylan Moran: Dr CosmosBuy Tickets
- Mon 10th Jun 2019 to Sat 18th Apr 2020 Milton JonesBuy Tickets
- Wed 26th Jun 2019 Ivo Graham, Angelos Epithemiou, Edinburgh Festival PreviewThe Finsbury (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Jul 2019 Sean Lock, Angelos Epithemiou, Sarah Keyworth, Rhys James, A...Queen Square (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jul 2019 Spencer JonesWitham Hall (Barnard Castle)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jul 2019 Simon Brodkin, Paul Sinha, Tony Law, Rhys James, Lucy Porter...The Charles Bradlaugh (Northampton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 24th Jul 2019 Ealing Comedy Festival, Sean Lock, Milton Jones, Alistair Mc...Walpole Park (Ealing)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 to Fri 27th Sep 2019 Tape FaceBuy Tickets
- Sun 15th Sep 2019 to Sat 16th Nov 2019 Eddie Izzard: WunderbarBuy Tickets
- Tue 15th Oct 2019 to Sat 30th Nov 2019 Tim Minchin: BackBuy Tickets