Nine UK venues to feature eleven days of upcoming acts in the HMV Next Big Thing 2012
Next year's celebration of all that's up-and-coming in the world of music appears to have grown since this year's event. The HMV Next Big Thing 2012 will be hosted at venues across the country, as well as a clutch of London locations and will follow up a fairly impressive line-up in 2011 that included Jessie J, Claire Maguire, The King Blues, Little Dragon and Anna Calvi.
The organizers have clearly been busy for next year's bash which runs from 2nd to 12th February, with the vast majority of gigs guaranteed to feature three bands and costing just £10 to get in! If that's not a recession-busting deal to tempt you out into the chilly February air, I don't know what is!
Each venue certainly has its highlights - for example, the Barfly in Camden includes Eugene McGuinness (3rd) and Sonic Boom Six (9th) , while the West End's Borderline has a few reasonably big names in a more intimate setting, such as female starlets Yasmin (5th), Lianne La Havas (8th) and Emeli Sande (9th). The excellent Sweet Billy Pilgrim (6th) and Young Guns (10th) will also be appearing here - they'll be a sell-out too.
The two live spaces at Islington's Garage will host a variety of shows such as Hadouken! (3rd), DJ Fresh (5th) and King Charles (7th), while Upstairs will calm things down a bit with highlights such as Beth Jeans Houghton (2nd) and Elephant (12th). The final two London venues are Heaven, who have yet to announce their gigs, and Camden's Jazz Café which gathers together the more bluesy-soully-global artists including Loick Essien (2nd), a Tru Thoughts night with Belleruche (3rd) and Jake Morley (12th).
Heading further afield, we have Edinburgh's Picture House with Field Music (6th), Birmingham's Institute with The War On Drugs (12th) and Manchester's Ritz which has, amongst its roster, Brit-pop outfit All the Young (8th - part of the XFM New Music Awards) and an Earache Records night (11th) starring Evile and up to 3 other bands!
Scroll down for the full schedule so far - more to be announced in due course. NB - a few of the London venues have a small capacity so don't leave it too long before booking! Tickets available for all nights, below.
You may be interested in
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 Jake MorleyOld Cinema Launderette (Durham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Jake MorleyBerits and Brown (Motherwell)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 Jake MorleyBlue Line Studios (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Jake MorleyCafe Kino (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Jake MorleySnails Delicatessen (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Jake MorleyThe Barrel House (Totnes)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Jake MorleyRising Sun Arts Centre (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Nov 2018 Jake MorleyThe Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 Jake MorleyThe Running Horse (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 Jake MorleyCafe 9 (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 The War On Drugs, SlowdiveThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets