Stick your hand out - Mark Watson ends Request Stops to perform new work in progress at February 2012 Soho residency
Posted: 24th November 2011
It's true to say that funny football-fanatic and Fringe-favourite, Mark Watson, gets around. We don't mean in a lawsuit Leveson sort-of way (although something may be exclusively revealed in the Daily Fail at the weekend. Possibly.), we mean physically and nomadically.
Currently, the Bristol City follower is roaming the country playing out the final stages of his highly-successful "Request Stops" tour of the UK. The idea behind the tour came from his 'likers'/'followers'/'stalkers' on networking sites always asking, "Why don't you come to Inverness?", "Is Jersey not on your sat-nav?" and "Do you know the way to San Jose? Well, how about playing there then". Admittedly, that last question may have been made up by us.
A quick look at his schedule [that's it, just below these lovingly crafted words - useful Ed] and you'll notice a fair few of these 'stops' have been selling out, which means remaining shows in Inverness (10th Dec), St.Helier (16th Dec) and Lincoln (25th Jan) will also probably go the same way. Tickets cost £15. Probably best to get them booked sharpish.
London-wise, it's been a while since Watson played in the capital, but he won't be bringing his "Request Stops" tour down here, no sirree - for his next shows it'll be all about the 'Work in Progress'. In other words, fresh new material and a new show is on the horizon. It probably won't be called 'Work In Progress' though. Or "Request Stops 2" ['Last request'? - Ed].
To this end, the Soho Theatre will host a six-night residency in February, featuring Mark Watson doing what he does best - being observational, witty, satirical and rather good value-for-money, whilst still trying working on new gags. Tickets to the shows on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 9th, 10th and 11th February cost £15 (£12.50 for concessions) and will probably be snapped-up pretty quickly.
- Fri 23rd Oct 2020 Mark Watson The Pavilion Theatre (Worthing) Buy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Nov 2020 Mark Watson, Adam Kay Online Stream via UK (England) Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Nov 2020 Mark Watson, Zoe Lyons Alexandra Palace (London) Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th Dec 2020 Mark Watson The Stables - Wavendon (Milton Keynes) Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jan 2021 Mark Watson The Cambridge Junction (Cambridge) Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jan 2021 Mark Watson Little Theatre (Chorley) Buy Tickets
- Sun 31st Jan 2021 Mark Watson Courthouse - Otley (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Feb 2021 Mark Watson Chipping Norton Theatre (Chipping Norton) Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Feb 2021 Mark Watson The Wardrobe Theatre (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Feb 2021 Mark Watson The Anvil/ The Forge (Basingstoke) Buy Tickets
- Tue 9th Feb 2021 Mark Watson : How You Can Almost Win The Wardrobe (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Feb 2021 Mark Watson Pyramid/ Parr Hall (Warrington) Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Feb 2021 Mark Watson The Dancehouse Theatre (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Feb 2021 Mark Watson Palace Theatre (Paignton) Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Feb 2021 Mark Watson Launceston Town Hall (Cornwall) Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Feb 2021 Mark Watson Red House Theatre (Plymouth) Buy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Mar 2021 Mark Watson South Hill Park Arts Centre/ Wilde Theatre (Bracknell) Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Mar 2021 Mark Watson Pontardawe Arts Centre (Swansea) Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th May 2021 Mark Watson : How You Can Almost Win New Hall - Tiverton (Devon) Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th May 2021 Mark Watson Arts Centre (Swindon) Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th Jun 2021 Mark Watson Kettering Arts Centre at St Andrew's Church (Kettering) Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th Sep 2021 Mark Watson Winchester Discovery Centre (Winchester) Buy Tickets