Michael Kiwanuka announces 2012 UK tour - tickets on sale Friday 18th November
Every now and then, a new artist comes along with an incredibly polished, mature sound that defies their limited experience. British singer-songwriter Michael Kiwanuka is exactly that.
Kiwanuka's vintage soul is a warm, autumnal fireside hug of a sound. Rich, deep and vibrant but with enough hooks and burrs to give his music a broad, if undeniably retro, feel.
To date, he has released just two EPs, 'Tell Me A Tale' and 'I'm Getting Ready', both issued this year. A third, 'Home Again', is promised for release in January, weeks before he takes off on his first major headline tour.
Not that he hasn't been busy. Kiwanuka has supported Adele on her 2011 tour and at her iTunes Festival gig (when her voice still worked), played Hard Rock Calling and other festivals, and has lined up a handful of forthcoming one-off gig appearances, as well as his own tour. Thoroughly likeable and seemingly as warm as his music, Michael Kiwanuka has a bright future. This might be the last chance fans get to see him in an intimate venue.
Michael Kiwanuka's February tour kicks off in Belfast on Friday 10th, followed by dates in Birmingham, Brighton, London (Islington), Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow and more, before the final UK date on Saturday 25th February 2012.
We will have tickets available for all dates when they go on sale at 9AM on Friday 18th November, priced around £10.
Following the Belfast gig, Michael Kiwanuka plays two dates in Ireland; in Dublin on 11th and Cork on 12th February. Tickets will also be available from 9AM on Friday 18th November, priced €14.50.
Before the February tour dates, Kiwanuka is also appearing at the Mencap Little Noise Sessions next week as part of a star-studded line-up featuring Coldplay's Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland as well as Ben Howard and Emeli Sandé. Next month he plays a headline set at Camden's BarFly on 12th December. Both gigs are sold out but we have resale tickets available for the Little Noise Sessions.
He is also playing the Q Now Sessions, with a London date at XOYO on 24th January (with Emeli Sandé). We have tickets available now, priced just a tenner.
You may be interested in
- Thu 28th Jun 2018 Ben Howard: Noonday DreamPlayhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 Ben Howard: Noonday DreamAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 Eden Sessions, Ben Howard, GwennoThe Eden Project (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Jul 2018 Greenwich Music Time, Emeli SandéOld Royal Naval College (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Jul 2018 Emeli SandéOpen Air Theatre (Scarborough)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Jul 2018 Lytham Festival, George Ezra, Emeli Sandé, Rae MorrisLytham Green (Lancashire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 Ben HowardSSE Hydro (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Ben HowardMotorpoint Arena (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Dec 2018 and Tue 11th Dec 2018 Ben HowardO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 16th Jan 2019 and Thu 17th Jan 2019 Ben HowardO2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th Jan 2019 Ben Howard3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets