The Long March continues for Henry Rollins - January 2012 UK shows precede Aussie tour
There aren't many people you'd wish to be the US President for a day, let alone a term of office, but there are a fair few who'd vote a certain Mr Rollins into power. You get the feeling our Henry would put his time to good use, with surely his first target being the corruption, avarice, greed and politics that fuels his spoken-word routines.
This year he turned 50 years old, still looks about 35 and has the same gleeful excitement about touring his craft as a six year old has at Christmas - basically, Rollins never seems to stop touring. In fact, turning fifty years old gave him another chance to perform around the globe, maligning about world wars, famine, regimes, civil rights and haters - which leads us nicely onto Henry's next UK tour.
Called 'The Long March', this new tour will show just how versatile Rollins is with words, humour, culture and a healthy slice of cynicism. OK, it's another tour with Henry maligning wars, famine, regimes, civil rights and haters - but his delivery is infectious, articulate and actually very funny. I've seen him a few times and, apart from 'hello England', 'you've been a great audience' and 'corruption', I can guarantee every part of his routine will be fresh. You won't come out brow-beaten, you'll come out determined to do your bit. With this man, there are no double entendres or double standards - just broad-minded discussion. And you have to like a bloke who can scare Terry Christian, live on TV right? (The Word in the '80s).
His January tour kicks off in Manchester on the 12th, followed by shows in Glasgow, Dunfermline, Newcastle and many more until he hits London's Royal Festival Hall on the 20th and the final stop in Bexhill on the 21st. He then makes a stop in Dublin on the 22nd before heading off around the rest of Europe. Tickets are on sale now, priced from £16 to £18.50 (€24.90 for Dublin).
You may be interested in
- Thu 20th Jun 2019 Meat PuppetsStudent Central [ULU] (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Jun 2019 to Fri 28th Jun 2019 Conversations with: Nick CaveBuy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Jun 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Gyles BrandrethBuy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Jun 2019 Germaine GreerRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)More Info..
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 The Stranglers, Ruts DCKelvingrove Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Jul 2019 H2O [LA]: 25th Anniversary TourUnderworld (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jul 2019 OnBlackheath, Grace Jones, Rag N Bone Man, Ali Campbell, Mor...Blackheath Common (Blackheath)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Aug 2019 DescendentsO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Aug 2019 to Sat 21st Dec 2019 Alabama 3Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Aug 2019 Mad Professor: Culture Clash #3Band on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 Calibre Residency: Calibre, Mungo's Hi-Fi, Mad ProfessorXOYO (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Aug 2019 The Downs, Lauryn Hill, Grace Jones, Idles, Neneh Cherry, Lo...The Downs (Clifton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Sep 2019 to Mon 21st Oct 2019 Simon WestonBuy Tickets
- Mon 23rd Sep 2019 to Fri 4th Oct 2019 VolbeatBuy Tickets
- Tue 1st Oct 2019 Eckhart TolleRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 7th Oct 2019 to Sun 13th Oct 2019 Black FlagBuy Tickets
- Sun 13th Oct 2019 to Mon 18th Nov 2019 Graeme Swann, Henry Blofeld: Dancing Down the WicketBuy Tickets
- Tue 10th Dec 2019 to Sun 15th Dec 2019 Mark LaneganBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Feb 2020 Mad Professor, Lloyd CoxsoneThe Con Club (Lewes)Buy Tickets