Death and the Maiden with Thandie Newton to close on 31st Dec 2011 - tickets available from just £17 (65% off!)
The Harold Pinter Theatre (formerly The Comedy Theatre) in the West End has been presenting Ariel Dorfman's thriller about a violated political prisoner who faces her troubled past in the shape of her antagonist, since October. Despite positive reviews, the play starring Thandie Newton, Tom Goodman-Hill and Anthony Calf, is closing a few weeks early on 31st December.
The play first premiered on stage in 1991 and won an Olivier Award and critical acclaim straight off - it was adapted for the big screen by Roman Polanski in 1994 and starred Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley. The story centres on Thandie Newton's character Paulina, a political ex-prisoner who suffered violence at the hands of her sadistic captor, doctor and faceless rapist Roberto, played by Anthony Calf. Several years later, has that same mysterious stranger reappeared at her and her husband's secluded beach-home? This taut, chilling drama will have you guessing the outcome until the end.
Although the play is closing early, we have access to discounted seats until 31st December! The Special Offer is: book selected Wednesday and Saturday matinee performances for just £17, instead of £49.50 - a saving of up to 65%! You can also save 48% on Monday to Friday evening performances with tickets costing £26 instead of £49.50! Other tickets are available for £32 and £38 and the offer is limited to availability. Click on the Book This Offer button, below for availability.
Also available is a Meal Deal which allows you to purchase a two-course meal from Spaghetti House Haymarket and a balcony ticket to see Death and the Maiden, for just £24.50. The tickets alone normally cost £25, which means each meal comes virtually free! Your meal must be chosen from the 'pre-theatre' menu, booked by 6pm latest and the offer is valid from Monday to Saturday - click on the Meal Deal button for availability.
- Book This Offer
- Meal Deal
You may be interested in
- Fri 24th May 2019 and Sat 25th May 2019 Blood Upon the RoseBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th May 2019 to Sat 8th Jun 2019 The Last Temptation of Boris JohnsonBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th May 2019 and Sat 25th May 2019 Our Country's GoodBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 to Sat 26th Oct 2019 Houses of Parliament VisitBuy Tickets
- Fri 31st May 2019 to Sat 29th Jun 2019 Education, Education, EducationBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Jun 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Gyles BrandrethBuy Tickets
- Thu 27th Jun 2019 to Thu 25th Jul 2019 National Theatre LiveBuy Tickets
- Fri 28th Jun 2019 to Fri 26th Jul 2019 Noises OffBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Aug 2019 to Sat 28th Sep 2019 A Very Expensive PoisonBuy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 to Sun 1st Dec 2019 Jonathan Pie: Fake NewsBuy Tickets
- Sat 4th Apr 2020 Trevor Noah: Loud and ClearThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)On SaleFri 24th Mayat 10am