Frankie Boyle announces 'Last Days of Sodom' (and final?) tour for 2012 - tickets on sale 18th November
Dark, acerbic, nihilistic, Scottish, unshaved - all words that have been used to describe controversial Glaswegian comedian Frankie Boyle at one time or another. He became famous, then infamous, mostly through his appearances on the BBC2 comedy show 'Mock the Week' on which he was a panellist for seven series.
Boyle quickly became a viewers' favourite for his brutal comic contributions that explored the margin between what is acceptable for post-watershed BBC2 and the things that people know they shouldn't really laugh at, without straying into Bernard Manning territory.
It was a fine balance and one that Boyle didn't always manage. Well-documented jokes about the Queen's anatomy and the appearance of Olympic medallist Rebecca Adlington were ultimately a gag too far for the suits at the Beeb and Boyle was moved on.
Not that it stopped him. Frankie's stand-up routines frequently included references to the disabled and disadvantaged and he soon became low-hanging fruit for those seeking to pillory the state of modern comedy. Perhaps other comedians would have got away with some of the things Frankie said although anyone with a reputation for the controversial would be advised to steer away from routines about Down's Syndrome, the political situation in the Middle East and Katie Price and Dwight Yorke's disabled son Harvey.
Increasingly annoyed that he couldn't even tell a good old-fashioned knob gag without an outcry in the Daily Mail, Boyle seemed to rebel with ever funnier and darker comedy. Pressed on the offence caused by some comments he made about Down's Syndrome in 2010, Boyle is reported to have replied "This is my last tour. I don't give a f*** what people think".
Only it wasn't his last tour. The Last Days of Sodom Tour, planned for 2012, looks like it may now be his last. Divisive and controversial to the bitter end, it cannot be denied that Frankie Boyle has the gift of being able to make a lot of people laugh until their trousers hurt.
We will have tickets for the extensive tour when they go on sale at 10AM on Friday 18th November, priced around £25.
Most dates will sell out quickly, so make sure you favourite this page and stick a reminder in your phone.
Extra Dates Added
As predicted, tickets have been in high demand. So much so that extra dates have now been added for London, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Newcastle. Brand new dates have also been announced for Grimsby, Leicester, Ipswich, Cardiff, Derby, Sunderland, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Bradford, Leeds, Hull, Coventry and Southend. Tickets available now.
You may be interested in
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Tue 18th Dec 2018 Kevin BridgesBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Sat 8th Dec 2018 Dara O'BriainBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Jim DavidsonBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Sat 8th Dec 2018 Stewart Francis: Into the PunsetBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Zoe LyonsBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 to Wed 28th Nov 2018 Sara Pascoe: LadsLadsLadsBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 to Fri 1st Feb 2019 Gary Delaney: Gagster's ParadiseBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 Reginald D Hunter, Tom StadeHansom Hall (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 and Wed 24th Oct 2018 Ricky GervaisBuy Tickets
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 Milton Jones, Jarred Christmas, Kiri Pritchard-McleanJust The Tonic (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 Ria LinaTribeca (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 Brendon Burns, Alun CochraneThe Royal George - Greenfield (Greater Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Oct 2018 to Tue 8th Jan 2019 JethroBuy Tickets
- Mon 29th Oct 2018 to Fri 23rd Nov 2018 James AcasterBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Jo Caulfield, Bobby Mair, Justin MoorhouseChorlton Irish Club (Chorlton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 to Sat 19th Jan 2019 Roy Chubby BrownBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 to Sat 26th Jan 2019 Daniel SlossBuy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 Didsbury Comedy Club, Jo Caulfield, Danny McLoughlinDidsbury Cricket/ Comedy Club (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 Jo Caulfield, Justin MoorhouseThe Heatons Sports Club (Stockport)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Nov 2018 Russell Brand: Re:BirthOpera House (Blackpool)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Nov 2018 to Sun 11th Nov 2018 Michael McIntyre: Big World TourBuy Tickets
- Thu 8th Nov 2018 to Fri 18th Jan 2019 Milton JonesBuy Tickets
- Sun 11th Nov 2018 Stan BoardmanComedy Lounge (Hull)Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Nov 2018 to Fri 1st Feb 2019 Ed Gamble: BlizzardBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Stewart Francis, John Lees' Barclay James Harvest: Into the PunsetDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 James Acaster, Mae Martin, Ed Gamble, Simon MunneryBloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 Mark WatsonJersey Opera House (St. Helier)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 to Sun 13th Jan 2019 Snow White featuring Dawn French, Dawn French, Julian Clary,...Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Live at the Chapel, James AcasterUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Christmas Comedy Special: Gary Delaney, Paul McCaffreyBelgrave Rooms/ Ionic (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Dec 2018 Jim Davidson, Jethro, Bobby Davro, Mick MillerEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 to Sun 16th Dec 2018 Jimmy CarrBuy Tickets
- Fri 28th Dec 2018 and Sat 29th Dec 2018 Peter Pan - An Arena Adventure, Martin Kemp, Milton JonesBuy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 Glenn Wool: Wool's Gold IISheaf Street Cafeteria (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Tom StadeThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets