Emilie Autumn in the spring - 2012 UK dates on sale Friday 4th November
Any artist whose bio boasts influences and styles including theatrical, gothic, punk, glam rock and Victoriana is always going to be 'a bit of a card'. And Emilie Autumn is certainly that.
A skilled songwriter, poet, violinist and former psychiatric hospital ward patient, Emilie Autumn Liddell from Los Angeles has built a reputation for off-the-wall, eclectic entertainment that includes elements of punk, burlesque and glam, sometimes styled as 'Victoriandustrial'.
Comparisons with Tori Amos or the early works of Kate Bush are never far away but Emilie Autumn is an artist like no other, who wears her experiences like an open wound for all to inspect. Brutally honest and sincere, she has attracted a loyal following at home and abroad.
Autumn's time in hospital was down to the dramatic extremes of her bi-polar disorder and a suicide attempt, and provided the basis for one of her most popular works, the 2010 autobiographical novel 'The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls'. Away from the written word, Autumn's music is as beguiling and otherworldly as the influences suggest; industrial electronica which bleeds heart-breaking strings and her contralto/soprano voice.
Her debut release was the 2003 album 'Enchant', re-released in 2007 after the success of her second record, 2006's 'Opheliac'. A third record, 'Fight Like a Girl', is set for release in 2012 and the forthcoming live performances are likely to combine the new, as-yet unheard material with Autumn's unique back catalogue and edgy, exciting, unpredictable style.
Emilie Autumn's March 2012 UK tour schedule includes dates in Glasgow on (9th), followed by Nottingham (10th) and Bristol (11th), with further dates expected to be added.
We will have tickets for the dates announced so far when they go on sale at 9AM on Friday 4th November, priced £14.
You may be interested in
- Tue 22nd May 2018 to Sun 3rd Jun 2018 Sick N' BeautifulBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 and Thu 18th Oct 2018 Nigel KennedyBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 to Fri 1st Jun 2018 Sick N' Beautiful, Bad PollyannaBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Jun 2018 Birmingham Classical, Maxim Vengerov: Bruch and TchaikovskySymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 Meltdown Festival, Robert Smith: CureationRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Wed 27th Jun 2018 and Thu 28th Jun 2018 City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, Nicola Benedetti: ShostakovichBuy Tickets
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 and Wed 31st Oct 2018 The Dresden DollsBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Mr B The Gentleman RhymerThe Exchange (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 André RieuBuy Tickets