I want chocolate, weight-loss and laughs!! Hormonal Housewives on tour in 2011/ 2012
'Once a month' is a dreaded term that can strike fear into the minds of women and the loins of men - it signifies a period of short tempers, long moods, high demands and a few arguments about any little thing (except that they're not little things anymore - they're massive world-changing issues, all of a sudden).
On a serious note, It's also not fun for the poor woman, especially if the loveable lunk of a partner doesn't do anything, except perhaps cheer England on (in vain) or generally 'get in the way' of absolutely everything you want to do - like 'everything' and all at once. Best to stay out of the way and help out before being needed - seems to work for me (thinks: "or does it?").
"Hormonal Housewives" might be just what you need - a great night out with the girls, watching a show about the things that drive you mad in the first place. Trying to maintain a high standard of work in your current career? Tricky. Trying to make ends meet and look after the kids? Stressful. Fed up feeling fed up? Yep. Desperate to knock a few kilos off, to look slimmer in that dress? Time for chocolate. Hey lads - it ain't easy being a woman, especially with stretch-marks, lip hair and PMS. Give her a break.
Recently, TV's Carol Smillie has been presenting a hugely-successful run of the show in Scotland. Written by Julie Coombe and John McIsaac, Hormonal Housewives offers laughter and solace from the rigours of multi-tasking, living, breathing and growing older. Audiences have lapped up Smillie's rhetoric north of the border and with shows still due to run in Ayr, Edinburgh and Glasgow, demand from the south has obviously crept through to the promoters.
2012 will see the successful show, starring Corrie's Beverley Callard in place of Smillie, heading to Wimbledon from 22nd to 25th Feb, followed by stops in Milton Keynes, Liverpool, Grimsby, Manchester and many more until finishing back in London in Richmond on 13th May. Tickets for most of the shows are on sale priced from £18.50 upwards. Your bum will NOT look big at this show, especially with all your mates sat with you!
- Wed 3rd Apr 2019 Hormonal HousewivesCresset Theatre (Peterborough)Buy Tickets
- Sun 12th May 2019 Hormonal HousewivesWinter Gardens (Margate)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 to Sun 24th Feb 2019 The Comedy About a Bank RobberyBuy Tickets
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 to Tue 26th Feb 2019 The Play That Goes WrongBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Sat 1st Dec 2018 The Wipers TimesBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 Heathers The MusicalBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Sat 2nd Feb 2019 The Book of MormonBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 to Sat 8th Dec 2018 Cuckoo [Lisa Carroll]Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 to Fri 15th Feb 2019 True West [West End]Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Nov 2018 to Sat 5th Jan 2019 The Messiah [Patrick Barlow]Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 to Sat 19th Jan 2019 Chasing BonoBuy Tickets
- Tue 18th Dec 2018 to Sun 23rd Dec 2018 Christmas with Steptoe and SonBuy Tickets
- Thu 10th Jan 2019 to Mon 25th Feb 2019 Abigail's PartyBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th Jan 2019 to Mon 25th Feb 2019 The Cripple of InishmaanBuy Tickets
- Mon 28th Jan 2019 and Thu 7th Feb 2019 Hancock's Half HourBuy Tickets
- Mon 11th Feb 2019 to Mon 25th Feb 2019 Only Fools And Horses - The MusicalBuy Tickets