Win one of three copies of Italian opera-sensation Il Volo's debut CD
Take three teenage opera-fans from Italy, stir in some amazing vocal-chords and mix in a lucrative deal with a large American music corporation and you have the undisputed current champions of Italian popular opera. But, beware - Il Volo are set to go global after appearing on Italy's version of "X-Factor", "Ti Lascio una Canzone", literally 'leaving you a song' in the form of "O Sole Mio". If you're going to 'do' opera for a crossover talent-show audience, you might as well do it properly and pick di Capua and Capurro's classic standard.
Il Volo are three lads aged 16-18 and are already quite a formidable prospect. Close your eyes when listening to them and you'd be forgiven for thinking they're in their 30s or 40s - they really can belt out a tune. Need further proof? Check out their rendition of "O Sole Mio" here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3c5d3aBSE
After their competition appearance in 2009, they were invited by Quincy Jones to appear on the "We are the World 25 for Haiti" charity single as ambassadors for Italy. Their self-titled debut album was issued in 2011 by Geffen, notching up a Top 10 position in no less than nine countries, including a #1 slot in Austria and the US Classical chart. There's even a Spanish version - it made #1 in the US Latin charts.
In the UK, however, they haven't yet sung their way into our hearts - but we did say 'yet'. 'Il Volo' will be released at the end of the month and is available on pre-order now, costing £8.99.
If you want to be ahead of the pack and win a copy of their debut collection of (mainly) Italian standards, featuring "Un Amore Così Grande", "Il Mondo" and "O Sole Mio", here's what to do:
How to Enter
Just click on the Enter Competition button below to be in with a chance!
The deadline for entries to the Il Volo CD competition is close of play on Monday 24th October. The competition is a prize draw, with the winners chosen at random.
Entrants from the UK and Ireland only!
- Enter Competition
- Enter Competition
You may be interested in
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 and Sat 24th Feb 2018 Scottish Opera: FlightBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Fri 4th May 2018 Ellen Kent - Opera InternationalBuy Tickets
- Tue 6th Mar 2018 to Fri 13th Apr 2018 Welsh National Opera: ToscaBuy Tickets
- Wed 7th Mar 2018 Welsh National Opera, Don GiovanniHippodrome (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Mar 2018 Welsh National Opera, ToscaHippodrome (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 and Thu 22nd Mar 2018 La Traviata, English National OperaBuy Tickets
- Sun 1st Apr 2018 Madam Butterfly, Ellen Kent - Opera InternationalCaird Hall/ Marryat Hall (Dundee)Buy Tickets
- Wed 23rd May 2018 to Sun 1st Jul 2018 TriOperasBuy Tickets
- Thu 31st May 2018 to Sat 30th Jun 2018 Alfie BoeBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Jun 2018 Jonathan Ansell, Rhydian RobertsAssembly Hall Theatre (Tunbridge Wells)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 Last Night of the Kenwood Proms: Katherine Jenkins, Royal Philharmonic Concert OrchestraKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Thu 5th Jul 2018 to Sat 27th Oct 2018 Mario BiondiBuy Tickets
- Sat 28th Jul 2018 Katherine JenkinsSennowe Park (Norfolk)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 Bryn TerfelRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Andrea BocelliBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 to Sat 1st Dec 2018 Glyndebourne on Tour: CendrillonBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 Kiki Dee, Carmelo LuggeriSt John's Church - Farncombe (Godalming)Buy Tickets
- Sun 13th Jan 2019 The Irish TenorsINEC - Gleneagle Hotel Killarney (Kerry)Buy Tickets