The Waterboys spring 2012 UK tour extended! English gigs to join Scottish and Irish dates
Best known for their crossover indie disco floor filler, 'The Whole of the Moon', The Waterboys were formed back in the early eighties by Mike Scott, who remains the only founder member in the current line-up.
Never short on numbers, the band has worked its way through around 50 members in nearly three decades. All musicians have been drawn from England, Ireland and Scotland, contributing to the Waterboys' reputation for producing faithful folk-rock with strong Celtic accents.
With their trademark 'Big Music', The Waterboys are a cornerstone of British rock history, bracketed alongside Simple Minds, Big Country, The Alarm and Hothouse Flowers and influencing the likes of Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam and Miles Hunt of The Wonderstuff.
World Party were formed by former members of the band and other alumni include Eddi Reader (once of Hothouse Flowers) and singer-songwriter extraordinaire Guy Chambers, best known for writing or co-writing the majority of Robbie Williams' best-loved solo work.
The Waterboys are more than hod carriers for Celtic rock, not just poster boys for Big Music or one hit wonders; they are British and Irish rock royalty and they inspire feelings of deep love across the nations.
Such ardour will be in evidence next spring as The Waterboys head out on a UK and Ireland tour, packing some grand old venues with their grand old tunes.
The tour kicks off in Gateshead on 20th March, followed by gigs in Leeds, York, London (Hammersmith Apollo) and more, before the final England date in Manchester on 30th March.
We will have tickets for the English leg of the tour when they go on sale at 9AM on Saturday 29th October, priced around £28.
The tour then moves across the Irish Sea to Dublin and the Grand Canal Theatre on Sunday 1st April, followed by a series of shows in Scotland; beginning in Glasgow on 3rd April, then Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness and finally Edinburgh, on 8th April 2012.
We have tickets for the Ireland and Scotland dates available now, priced €45.50 for Dublin, £25 for Aberdeen and £26.50 for the remaining shows.
Ahead of the spring dates, you can catch them at the Virginia Pumpkin Festival in Ireland on 29th October, priced €30.
- Thu 26th Apr 2018 The WaterboysPavilion Theatre (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Apr 2018 The WaterboysLondon Palladium (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Apr 2018 The WaterboysThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Mon 30th Apr 2018 The WaterboysColosseum (Watford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 1st May 2018 The WaterboysSt David's Hall (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Wed 2nd May 2018 The WaterboysG-Live (Guildford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th May 2018 The WaterboysTheatre Royal Concert Hall (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 5th May 2018 The WaterboysBarbican Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th May 2018 The WaterboysNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 8th May 2018 The WaterboysThe Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Wed 9th May 2018 The WaterboysVictoria Theatre (Halifax)Buy Tickets
- Thu 10th May 2018 The WaterboysHull City Hall (Hull)Buy Tickets
- Sat 12th May 2018 The WaterboysDe Montfort Hall and Gardens (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 13th May 2018 The WaterboysWarwick Arts Centre (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 The WaterboysPlayhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 The WaterboysBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Van Morrison, The Waterboys, ...Wrest Park - Silsoe (Bedfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Oct 2107 The WaterboysLondon Palladium (Westminster)More Info..
You may also be interested in
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Fri 30th Mar 2018 Go West, Nik Kershaw, Cutting CrewBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sat 7th Jul 2018 Christy MooreBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sat 14th Apr 2018 I Love the 80s vs 90sBuy Tickets
- Mon 26th Feb 2018 Michael McGoldrickBaptist Church Emsworth (Hampshire)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Feb 2018 to Thu 17th May 2018 Eddi ReaderBuy Tickets
- Thu 1st Mar 2018 to Sat 16th Jun 2018 Ferocious DogBuy Tickets
- Thu 1st Mar 2018 to Sun 13th May 2018 EzioBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 and Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Hue and CryBuy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 to Sun 27th May 2018 Morrissey and MarshallBuy Tickets
- Mon 12th Mar 2018 to Thu 29th Mar 2018 Gary Numan: Savage Tour Part 2Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Mar 2018 to Sat 31st Mar 2018 Tide LinesBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 to Sat 28th Apr 2018 The StunningBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 to Sun 8th Apr 2018 LindisfarneBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 Police Dog HoganThe Crescent Community Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Mar 2018 Johnny CoppinThe Red Lion (Kings Heath)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 Sharon ShannonPark Hotel (Waterford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Mar 2018 Teenage Cancer Trust, Def LeppardRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Mar 2018 and Thu 29th Mar 2018 Jono McCleeryBuy Tickets
- Thu 29th Mar 2018 to Sat 14th Apr 2018 Noble JacksBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Mar 2018 Thea GilmoreNantwich Civic Hall (Cheshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 to Sat 23rd Jun 2018 ToyahBuy Tickets
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 to Sat 5th May 2018 Cellar DarlingBuy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Apr 2018 to Tue 17th Apr 2018 Jethro Tull: 50th AnniversaryBuy Tickets
- Thu 5th Apr 2018 to Mon 9th Apr 2018 Sound of the SirensBuy Tickets
- Fri 6th Apr 2018 and Sat 7th Apr 2018 Oysterband: Break For The BorderBuy Tickets
- Fri 13th Apr 2018 to Sat 9th Jun 2018 Blackbeard's Tea PartyBuy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 Ferocious Dog, Rusty Shackle: The Enemy WithinFiddlers (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 Matt Bianco100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 to Sun 13th May 2018 ShalamarBuy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 to Fri 27th Apr 2018 The Low AnthemBuy Tickets
- Tue 24th Apr 2018 and Sun 29th Apr 2018 Aidan O'RourkeBuy Tickets
- Wed 25th Apr 2018 and Wed 16th May 2018 Jason DonovanBuy Tickets
- Fri 27th Apr 2018 to Sat 12th May 2018 Tears for Fears, Alison Moyet: Rule the WorldBuy Tickets
- Wed 2nd May 2018 Holy Moly And The CrackersThe Greystones (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 3rd May 2018 to Thu 31st May 2018 Scott MatthewsBuy Tickets
- Tue 8th May 2018 Asaf AvidanUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 9th May 2018 Luke Daniels, Tim EdeyWest End Centre (Aldershot)Buy Tickets
- Thu 10th May 2018 to Sun 20th May 2018 Rend Collective ExperimentBuy Tickets
- Thu 10th May 2018 Nathan Moore, Owen Paul, Electro 80s, Fundraising EventPyramid/ Parr Hall (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 11th May 2018 Ferocious Dog, Hands Off GretelHolmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th May 2018 to Fri 25th May 2018 Nigel Kennedy: BBC Music's Biggest WeekendBuy Tickets
- Fri 18th May 2018 to Sun 27th May 2018 The Christians, Hue and CryBuy Tickets
- Fri 18th May 2018 The Lightning SeedsAintree Racecourse Pavilion (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th May 2018 and Sun 27th May 2018 Hacienda ClassicalBuy Tickets
- Sat 19th May 2018 Heaven 17, The Lightning SeedsUttoxeter Racecourse (Uttoxeter)Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd May 2018 to Thu 24th May 2018 SparksBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd May 2018 Anna Netrebko, Royal Philharmonic Concert OrchestraRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, Robert Plant and the Sensational Sp...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Common People Oxford, The Jacksons, The New Power Generation...South Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 The Bath Festival, Tears for Fears, Alison Moyet, Sophie Ell...: Rule the WorldThe Recreation Ground (Bath)Buy Tickets