Jason Derülo announces 2012 UK/ Ireland 'Future History' arena tour - tickets on sale Friday 14th October
Jason Derülo's new album, 'Future History', was released in late September. It is a record that the 22-year-old calls the "greatest accomplishment of his life thus far".
It seems improbable that we've only spent two years getting used to Derülo and his umlaut. In that time, he has set up a label with Sean Combs and Lil Wayne, opened for Lady Gaga on her all-conquering 2009 Monster Ball Tour and shipped five million downloads of his 2009 debut single 'Whatcha Say', topping the US Billboard Hot 100 in the process.
The American, real name Jason Desrouleaux ('day-ru-lo'), followed the single success with his full-length debut record in 2010. Although it received a mixed critical response (many commented that, at nine tracks, it was just too short), 'Jason Derülo' charted well all around the world, and made the UK and Irish Top 10.
But young Jason wanted more and so expectations for his sophomore record were high. Perhaps weighed-down by the artist's own expectations, 'Future History' has laboured a little on release, again attracting mixed reviews. It is, at least, of an appropriate duration, being a full 12 tracks long.
But Jason Derülo is the epitome of a 21st century music star and, as such, his music features heavily on Spotify, YouTube, WE7 and Last.fm playlists. Derülo's fan base is music's newest generation of consumers and it can be no surprise that his chart performance is comparatively modest. Live is where Derülo really makes his mark; a point he will prove with a 10-date arena tour of some of the UK and Ireland's biggest sheds.
Jason Derülo's spring tour begins at the SECC in Glasgow on Thursday 23rd February, followed by arena gigs at the NEC in Birmingham, in Sheffield, Cardiff, Bournemouth, London (Wembley), Manchester and Newcastle, before a trip across the Irish Sea for shows in Dublin and finally Belfast, on 6th March 2012.
We will have tickets for all the dates when they go on sale at 9.30AM on Friday 14th October, priced from around £30 for UK shows and €39 for Dublin.
Note that 'Meet & Greet' packages are also available priced around £100/ €100.
You may be interested in
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 to Sat 17th Nov 2018 Jax JonesBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 to Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Jess Glynne: Always In BetweenBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Wed 12th Jun 2019 Anne-Marie: Speak Your MindBuy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Sat 1st Jun 2019 The Vamps: Four CornersBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Anne-Marie, Mahalia, Kojey Radical: Speak Your MindBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 to Tue 22nd Jan 2019 Years and YearsBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 to Wed 12th Dec 2018 MabelBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 to Sat 8th Dec 2018 PopcaanBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Capital FM Jingle Bell Ball, Ellie Goulding, Halsey, Rita Or...The O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Dec 2018 to Tue 11th Dec 2018 Mariah CareyBuy Tickets
- Sun 9th Dec 2018 Capital FM Jingle Bell BallThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Mon 10th Dec 2018 and Wed 12th Dec 2018 KYLEBuy Tickets
- Tue 11th Dec 2018 to Sun 16th Dec 2018 YGBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Dec 2018 Streets of London, Ellie Goulding, Dua Lipa, Bastille, Mabel...Wembley SSE Arena (Wembley)On SaleFri 16th Novat 9am
- Thu 14th Feb 2019 to Thu 14th Mar 2019 Post MaloneBuy Tickets
- Mon 11th Mar 2019 to Mon 18th Mar 2019 Nicki Minaj, Future: NickiHndrxxBuy Tickets
- Tue 12th Mar 2019 to Wed 20th Mar 2019 Becky HillBuy Tickets
- Wed 1st May 2019 to Tue 28th May 2019 Olly Murs, Rak-SuBuy Tickets
- Sun 5th May 2019 Liverpool SoundCity, Loyle Carner, Mabel, Dancing On Tables,...Various Liverpool Venues (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Mon 6th May 2019 to Fri 7th Jun 2019 Olly MursBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st May 2019 to Wed 29th May 2019 Rita Ora: PhoenixBuy Tickets
- Mon 27th May 2019 to Sat 15th Jun 2019 Spice Girls, Jess Glynne: Spice WorldBuy Tickets