The End Festival 2011 comes to 'Crouch Angeles' with eclectic line-up headlined by She Keeps Bees
You have to admire the lengths estate-agents will go to to plug an area, in order to sell a property. "Up and coming" = "A terrifying yardie ghetto", "Wonderful city views" = "22nd floor flat", "Off street parking" = "caravan in garden", "Excellent transport links" = "monthly service to Asda" and "Fully air-conditioned" = "Roof blew off last week".
"Crouch Angeles" = "N8" in my book, but fair play to the organizers of this year's intriguing The End Festival 2011 for bigging-up the quiet enclave of North London, Crouch End (named after the spindliest Premier League footballer ever... maybe). Promoters, The Local have gathered many upcoming and established performers for the half-day festival around the suburb, which takes place on 18th November. It's on a Friday, so it should be well subscribed, especially when you check out the line-up.
Headliners for this, the second mini-fest are alt-blues duo She Keeps Bees, with additional slots confirmed for alt-jazzists Morton Valence, improve-fusion duo Vera November (Verity of Electrelane) and Maya Dunietz (Israeli performer from Oy Division), acclaimed alt-folk songwriter RM Hubbert (new album to feature Aidan John Moffat and Alasdair Roberts, we hear), popular festival nu-folkers Left with Pictures and the not dissimilar Urusen (who've chummed up with Peter Gabriel recently).
Add in another dozen or so acts and you have a pretty packed programme worth bunking off work for (not that we would suggest such a thing, oh no). Tickets cost just £12, which will enable you to catch all of the above, scattered liberally across the town centre's facilities (even the local launderette!), although most will be based at the Kings Head. The whole thing starts mid-afternoon and continues until it's time for kebabs/ toasted paninis.
"The End Festival 2011" = "good times".
You may be interested in
- Tue 22nd May 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Thu 24th May 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertRough Trade Bristol (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertThe Deaf Institute (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertTolbooth (Stirling)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertWick Library (Wick)Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Jul 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertHootananny's Madhatters (Inverness)Buy Tickets
- Tue 24th Jul 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertThe Grand Social (Dublin)Buy Tickets