The End Festival 2011 comes to 'Crouch Angeles' with eclectic line-up headlined by She Keeps Bees
You have to admire the lengths estate-agents will go to to plug an area, in order to sell a property. "Up and coming" = "A terrifying yardie ghetto", "Wonderful city views" = "22nd floor flat", "Off street parking" = "caravan in garden", "Excellent transport links" = "monthly service to Asda" and "Fully air-conditioned" = "Roof blew off last week".
"Crouch Angeles" = "N8" in my book, but fair play to the organizers of this year's intriguing The End Festival 2011 for bigging-up the quiet enclave of North London, Crouch End (named after the spindliest Premier League footballer ever... maybe). Promoters, The Local have gathered many upcoming and established performers for the half-day festival around the suburb, which takes place on 18th November. It's on a Friday, so it should be well subscribed, especially when you check out the line-up.
Headliners for this, the second mini-fest are alt-blues duo She Keeps Bees, with additional slots confirmed for alt-jazzists Morton Valence, improve-fusion duo Vera November (Verity of Electrelane) and Maya Dunietz (Israeli performer from Oy Division), acclaimed alt-folk songwriter RM Hubbert (new album to feature Aidan John Moffat and Alasdair Roberts, we hear), popular festival nu-folkers Left with Pictures and the not dissimilar Urusen (who've chummed up with Peter Gabriel recently).
Add in another dozen or so acts and you have a pretty packed programme worth bunking off work for (not that we would suggest such a thing, oh no). Tickets cost just £12, which will enable you to catch all of the above, scattered liberally across the town centre's facilities (even the local launderette!), although most will be based at the Kings Head. The whole thing starts mid-afternoon and continues until it's time for kebabs/ toasted paninis.
"The End Festival 2011" = "good times".
You may be interested in
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertPleasance Theatre (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Oct 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertPerth Theatre (Perth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertO2 Institute (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertO2 Academy Oxford (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Nov 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertSticky Mike's Frog Bar (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 5th Nov 2018 Aidan John Moffat, RM HubbertLeaf - Bold Street (Liverpool)Buy Tickets