Win one of five copies of LeAnn Rimes' new covers album, Lady & Gentlemen
At the tender age of 14 years old, LeAnn Rimes burst onto our radios and TVs with the weepy country-balled "Blue", in 1996. Since then, Rimes has continued to command respect and healthy sales, with a string of hit-albums throughout the '90s and '00s including the debut album "Blue", her first UK Top 20 album, "Sittin' on Top of the World" in 1998 and her last hit album, "Family", in 2007.
Her biggest hits on this side of the pond, "How Do I Live" and "Can't Fight The Moonlight", have been staples for budding entrants to X-Factor and Britain's Got Talent, but don't hold that against her - she's only doing her thing and that's singing memorable country-pop and doing very well out of it. With a huge fanbase on a global scale, you can expect her new album to repeat the pattern.
"Lady & Gentleman" is intrinsically a country covers album with a new version of that classic "Blue" debut hit single and a new track called "Give" (watch the video, above), a song specially composed for an American-based charity called Stand Up For Kids (www.standupforkids.org), an organization that helps get homeless children back on their feet with safe accommodation.
Other songs on the album include the classic standards "Sixteen Tons", originally made famous by Tennessee Ernie Ford and Frankie Laine, "Help Me Make It Through The Night" by Kris Kristofferson and "A Good Hearted Woman" by Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. Two Merle Haggard songs also feature alongside standards written by Vince Gill ("When I Call Your Name") and John Conlee's "Rose Colored Glasses".
Hands-up who wants to win a copy of this homage of manly country classics by a sweet-voiced woman? Read on for details...
The Important Bit
Just click on the Enter Competition button below to be in with a chance!
The deadline for entries to the Lady & Gentlemen CD competition is close of play on Monday 17th October 2011.
The competition is a prize draw, with the winners chosen at random, and entrants only accepted from the UK and Ireland.
- Enter Competition
- Enter Competition
You may be interested in
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 and Sat 1st Sep 2018 The ShiresBuy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 to Fri 21st Sep 2018 Lisa McHughBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 to Thu 13th Sep 2018 Clare BowenBuy Tickets
- Tue 4th Sep 2018 to Fri 7th Sep 2018 Lee Ann Womack, Charlie WorshamBuy Tickets
- Thu 13th Sep 2018 to Sun 30th Dec 2018 Nathan CarterBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Sep 2018 Nathan Carter, Houghton WeaversThe Guild Hall & Charter Theatre (Preston)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Sep 2018 to Wed 3rd Oct 2018 Shania TwainBuy Tickets
- Sun 14th Oct 2018 Marc BroussardNells Jazz and Blues (Kensington and Chelsea)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 Darius RuckerBuy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 to Tue 6th Nov 2018 Kacey MusgravesBuy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Russell DickersonBorderline (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 BluesFest: Counting Crows, Alison Krauss, The White Buffalo3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Counting Crows, Alison Krauss, The White BuffaloThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 Alison KraussPlayhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Thomas Rhett, Devin DawsonEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Mon 31st Dec 2018 Nathan Carter, Sharon ShannonINEC - Gleneagle Hotel Killarney (Kerry)Buy Tickets