Backbeat - top West End from just £35 instead of £55 until 26th January 2012!
Back in the early sixties, the Beatles were a five-piece skiffle/blues band featuring John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, bassist Stuart Sutcliffe and drummer Pete Best. Both Sutcliffe and Best legitimately lay claim to the sobriquet 'The Fifth Beatle' although in 1960, one or the other must have been the fourth.
The five-piece visited Germany regularly between '60 and '63, and it was during one Hamburg trip that Stuart Sutcliffe met photographer Astrid Kirchherr and fell in love.
The pair were later engaged and Sutcliffe, feeling at home amid the German art scene, left The Beatles in 1961. Paul McCartney picked up the bass and five became four. Subsequently, Pete Best would be sacked from the band and replaced with Ringo Starr, the 'sixth Beatle'.
Sutcliffe was never to fully appreciate the role he had in The Beatles as, just seven months after leaving - and before the band's late '62 breakthrough with 'Love Me Do' - he died.
In 1994, the film Backbeat, a study of the relationship between Sutcliffe, Lennon and Kirchherr, sought to shed some light on the band's pre-fame days. The musical does not feature any original Beatles material however, focussing instead on the blues and rock'n'roll covers the band mostly performed then. Seventeen years on, Backbeat was revived as a stage show and is now playing at the Duke of York's Theatre in the West End.
Tickets cost £55 for weeknight performances and £57.50 for Friday and Saturday shows, however, we're running a special offer with top price stall tickets reduced from £55 to just £32.50 from Monday to Thursday performances until 26th January 2012 (excludes 26th Dec to 1st Jan).
Click the Book This Offer button for further details, choice of performance and terms and conditions. Enjoy the show!
- Book This Offer
You may be interested in
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 to Sat 27th Oct 2018 Let It BeBuy Tickets
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 Silver BeatlesHanger Farm Arts Centre (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Sep 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 The Magic of the BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Mon 1st Oct 2018 to Thu 4th Oct 2018 AnathemaBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Sat 26th Oct 2019 The Upbeat BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Mon 15th Oct 2018 to Sun 14th Apr 2019 The Bootleg BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 The Cavern BeatlesPerth Concert Hall (Perth)Buy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 to Fri 30th Nov 2018 Mersey BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Mon 5th Nov 2018 The Askew SistersGreen Note (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Camille O'SullivanBuy Tickets
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 Amy Rigby, Vinny PeculiarGullivers Bar (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 to Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Amy RigbyBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Honey RyderFulford Village Hall (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 The DykeeniesQueen Margaret Union - QMU (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Mon 24th Jun 2019 and Tue 25th Jun 2019 The Beach BoysBuy Tickets