Backbeat - top West End from just £35 instead of £55 until 26th January 2012!
Back in the early sixties, the Beatles were a five-piece skiffle/blues band featuring John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, bassist Stuart Sutcliffe and drummer Pete Best. Both Sutcliffe and Best legitimately lay claim to the sobriquet 'The Fifth Beatle' although in 1960, one or the other must have been the fourth.
The five-piece visited Germany regularly between '60 and '63, and it was during one Hamburg trip that Stuart Sutcliffe met photographer Astrid Kirchherr and fell in love.
The pair were later engaged and Sutcliffe, feeling at home amid the German art scene, left The Beatles in 1961. Paul McCartney picked up the bass and five became four. Subsequently, Pete Best would be sacked from the band and replaced with Ringo Starr, the 'sixth Beatle'.
Sutcliffe was never to fully appreciate the role he had in The Beatles as, just seven months after leaving - and before the band's late '62 breakthrough with 'Love Me Do' - he died.
In 1994, the film Backbeat, a study of the relationship between Sutcliffe, Lennon and Kirchherr, sought to shed some light on the band's pre-fame days. The musical does not feature any original Beatles material however, focussing instead on the blues and rock'n'roll covers the band mostly performed then. Seventeen years on, Backbeat was revived as a stage show and is now playing at the Duke of York's Theatre in the West End.
Tickets cost £55 for weeknight performances and £57.50 for Friday and Saturday shows, however, we're running a special offer with top price stall tickets reduced from £55 to just £32.50 from Monday to Thursday performances until 26th January 2012 (excludes 26th Dec to 1st Jan).
Click the Book This Offer button for further details, choice of performance and terms and conditions. Enjoy the show!
- Book This Offer
You may be interested in
- Sat 26th Jan 2019 to Thu 7th Nov 2019 The Upbeat BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Feb 2019 and Fri 8th Mar 2019 Counterfeit BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 to Sat 22nd Jun 2019 Imagine... the BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 The Fab BeatlesThe Rifle Club (Southsea)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 to Fri 19th Jul 2019 The Magic of the BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Fri 1st Mar 2019 to Fri 8th May 2020 The Bootleg BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Thu 28th Mar 2019 to Fri 19th Apr 2019 The Askew SistersBuy Tickets
- Fri 12th Apr 2019 to Sun 28th Apr 2019 All You Need Is Love in ConcertBuy Tickets
- Fri 10th May 2019 and Sat 11th May 2019 Let It BeBuy Tickets
- Tue 14th May 2019 to Sat 8th Jun 2019 The Rutles: Get Up and Go AgainBuy Tickets
- Fri 21st Jun 2019 to Sat 6th Jul 2019 The Beach BoysBuy Tickets
- Thu 4th Jul 2019 to Mon 8th Jul 2019 The Grand SlamboviansBuy Tickets
- Fri 6th Sep 2019 Mersey BeatlesThe Albany (Renfrewshire)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th Oct 2019 And In The End...: The Bootleg Beatles, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra,...Royal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Nov 2019 and Sat 2nd Nov 2019 Camille O'SullivanBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Nov 2019 BeatlemaniaSt James Church Weybridge (Weybridge)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Dec 2019 The Sheffield Beatles ProjectO2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Dec 2019 The Beatles for SaleThe Civic Hall - Cottingham (East Riding of Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th May 2020 And in the End...: The Bootleg Beatles, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic OrchestraThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets