Backbeat - top West End from just £35 instead of £55 until 26th January 2012!
Back in the early sixties, the Beatles were a five-piece skiffle/blues band featuring John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, bassist Stuart Sutcliffe and drummer Pete Best. Both Sutcliffe and Best legitimately lay claim to the sobriquet 'The Fifth Beatle' although in 1960, one or the other must have been the fourth.
The five-piece visited Germany regularly between '60 and '63, and it was during one Hamburg trip that Stuart Sutcliffe met photographer Astrid Kirchherr and fell in love.
The pair were later engaged and Sutcliffe, feeling at home amid the German art scene, left The Beatles in 1961. Paul McCartney picked up the bass and five became four. Subsequently, Pete Best would be sacked from the band and replaced with Ringo Starr, the 'sixth Beatle'.
Sutcliffe was never to fully appreciate the role he had in The Beatles as, just seven months after leaving - and before the band's late '62 breakthrough with 'Love Me Do' - he died.
In 1994, the film Backbeat, a study of the relationship between Sutcliffe, Lennon and Kirchherr, sought to shed some light on the band's pre-fame days. The musical does not feature any original Beatles material however, focussing instead on the blues and rock'n'roll covers the band mostly performed then. Seventeen years on, Backbeat was revived as a stage show and is now playing at the Duke of York's Theatre in the West End.
Tickets cost £55 for weeknight performances and £57.50 for Friday and Saturday shows, however, we're running a special offer with top price stall tickets reduced from £55 to just £32.50 from Monday to Thursday performances until 26th January 2012 (excludes 26th Dec to 1st Jan).
Click the Book This Offer button for further details, choice of performance and terms and conditions. Enjoy the show!
- Book This Offer
You may be interested in
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Fri 21st Dec 2018 The Bootleg BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 to Fri 30th Nov 2018 Mersey BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Mar 2018 The ClienteleScala (Kings Cross)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 Roger McGoughWest End Centre (Aldershot)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Mar 2018 to Fri 30th Mar 2018 Amy RigbyBuy Tickets
- Fri 4th May 2018 and Fri 14th Dec 2018 The Upbeat BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Wed 9th May 2018 to Sat 2nd Jun 2018 The RutlesBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 to Sat 22nd Sep 2018 The Magic of the BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Summer Nights at the Bandstand, The Bootleg BeatlesKelvingrove Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 and Sat 16th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, The Beach BoysBuy Tickets
- Sun 17th Jun 2018 and Mon 18th Jun 2018 The Beach BoysBuy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 Mike MasséUnder the Bridge (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Sep 2018 to Sat 27th Oct 2018 Let It BeBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Sep 2018 The Fab BeatlesAlexander's Live (Chester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 5th Nov 2018 The Askew SistersGreen Note (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 Camille O'SullivanUnion Chapel (Islington)Buy Tickets