Backbeat - top West End from just £35 instead of £55 until 26th January 2012!
Back in the early sixties, the Beatles were a five-piece skiffle/blues band featuring John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, bassist Stuart Sutcliffe and drummer Pete Best. Both Sutcliffe and Best legitimately lay claim to the sobriquet 'The Fifth Beatle' although in 1960, one or the other must have been the fourth.
The five-piece visited Germany regularly between '60 and '63, and it was during one Hamburg trip that Stuart Sutcliffe met photographer Astrid Kirchherr and fell in love.
The pair were later engaged and Sutcliffe, feeling at home amid the German art scene, left The Beatles in 1961. Paul McCartney picked up the bass and five became four. Subsequently, Pete Best would be sacked from the band and replaced with Ringo Starr, the 'sixth Beatle'.
Sutcliffe was never to fully appreciate the role he had in The Beatles as, just seven months after leaving - and before the band's late '62 breakthrough with 'Love Me Do' - he died.
In 1994, the film Backbeat, a study of the relationship between Sutcliffe, Lennon and Kirchherr, sought to shed some light on the band's pre-fame days. The musical does not feature any original Beatles material however, focussing instead on the blues and rock'n'roll covers the band mostly performed then. Seventeen years on, Backbeat was revived as a stage show and is now playing at the Duke of York's Theatre in the West End.
Tickets cost £55 for weeknight performances and £57.50 for Friday and Saturday shows, however, we're running a special offer with top price stall tickets reduced from £55 to just £32.50 from Monday to Thursday performances until 26th January 2012 (excludes 26th Dec to 1st Jan).
Click the Book This Offer button for further details, choice of performance and terms and conditions. Enjoy the show!
- Book This Offer
You may be interested in
- Wed 23rd May 2018 to Sat 2nd Jun 2018 The RutlesBuy Tickets
- Thu 24th May 2018 to Fri 21st Dec 2018 The Bootleg BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 to Thu 25th Oct 2018 The Magic of the BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 to Sun 27th May 2018 The DykeeniesBuy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 The Beatles Go OnThe Globe (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Beatles For SalePotters Pub (Newport)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 to Fri 30th Nov 2018 Mersey BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Wed 13th Jun 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Camille O'SullivanBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 and Sat 16th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, The Beach BoysBuy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 AnathemaHolmfirth Picturedrome (West Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Jun 2018 and Mon 18th Jun 2018 The Beach BoysBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Imagine... the BeatlesThe Horn Reborn (St. Albans)Buy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 Mike MasséUnder the Bridge (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 to Fri 14th Dec 2018 The Upbeat BeatlesBuy Tickets
- Sun 29th Jul 2018 Standon Calling, Bryan Ferry, Goldfrapp, The Horrors, Gaz Co...Standon (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Sep 2018 to Sat 27th Oct 2018 Let It BeBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Sep 2018 The Fab BeatlesAlexander's Live (Chester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 Silver BeatlesHanger Farm Arts Centre (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 The Cavern BeatlesPerth Concert Hall (Perth)Buy Tickets
- Mon 5th Nov 2018 The Askew SistersGreen Note (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Honey RyderFulford Village Hall (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets