Can I get a Rewind? Earlybird tickets for Rewind - the '80s Festival 2012 on sale Friday 30th September
Posted: 29th September 2011
Nostalgia, apparently, ain't what it used to be. The internet has filled our heads with false memory. We live in a world where we can all recall with crystal clarity that 1980 episode of 'Jamie and the Magic Torch' where Wordsworth gets lost, that we saw on YouTube last week.
Consequently, 30- and 40-somethings have ever fonder memories of the 1980s and its poppy, New Romantic soundtrack. We can wax lyrical about the tyrannical Mrs Thatcher (that everyone voted for), or the punk brilliance of Channel 4 (that no one watched), or the dawn of the mobile phone (that nobody owned).
A revisionist view of history has always been a palatable means of feeling better about the now and this applies as much to music as anything else. Consequently, strutting, made-up, 'poncing' (to quote my Dad) pop stars that divided opinion and school playgrounds now seem to garner near-universal love and respect.
They've never had it so good and their music is available on download to enjoy shamelessly, ironically or as a 'guilty pleasure'. In any case, demand is high. So high, in fact, that the annual Rewind Festival double-header in England and Scotland is one of the most popular dates in the festival calendar.
And with a 2011 line-up that included ABC, Bananarama, T'Pau, Rick Astley, Heaven 17, Howard Jones, The Human League and loads (LOADS) more, the attraction is obvious. The line-up for 2012 is yet to be announced.
Rewind Scotland will again take place at Scone Palace, Perth, over the weekend of 20th - 22nd July 2012. Rewind England will be held a month or so later, returning to Temple Island Meadows, Henley-on-Thames, from Friday 17th to Sunday 19th August 2012.
The ticket prices are the same across the two events, with single day tickets for Saturday or Sunday priced £45 for adults and £22.50 for children aged 12 years and under. Weekend passes are £85 (£42.50 for kids), with camping these are £100 for adults, £50 for children. There are also campervan and VIP passes on offer.
All the above prices form part of the Earlybird offer which is only available for a limited period. Note that kids aged 3 years and under go free.
We will have tickets for both Scotland and England events when they go on sale at 9AM on Friday 30th September 2012.
- Sat 18th Jul 2020 Rewind Scotland Scone Palace (Perth and Kinross) Buy Tickets
- Sun 19th Jul 2020 Rewind Scotland Scone Palace (Perth and Kinross) Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Aug 2020 Rewind South Temple Island Meadow (Henley-on-Thames) Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Aug 2020 Rewind South, Billy Ocean, Jimmy Somerville, Queen Symphonic, Trevor Horn, Nik Kershaw, Nick Heyward, Cutting Crew, Grandmaster Flash, Captain Sensible, John Parr, Hue and Cry, Katrina Leskanich [Formerly of The Waves] Temple Island Meadow (Henley-on-Thames) Buy Tickets
- Sun 16th Aug 2020 Rewind South, Bananarama, Wet Wet Wet, Soul II Soul, Roland Gift, Go West, The Christians, Pete Wylie, Aswad, Katrina Leskanich [Formerly of The Waves] Temple Island Meadow (Henley-on-Thames) Buy Tickets