Can I get a Rewind? Earlybird tickets for Rewind - the '80s Festival 2012 on sale Friday 30th September
Nostalgia, apparently, ain't what it used to be. The internet has filled our heads with false memory. We live in a world where we can all recall with crystal clarity that 1980 episode of 'Jamie and the Magic Torch' where Wordsworth gets lost, that we saw on YouTube last week.
Consequently, 30- and 40-somethings have ever fonder memories of the 1980s and its poppy, New Romantic soundtrack. We can wax lyrical about the tyrannical Mrs Thatcher (that everyone voted for), or the punk brilliance of Channel 4 (that no one watched), or the dawn of the mobile phone (that nobody owned).
A revisionist view of history has always been a palatable means of feeling better about the now and this applies as much to music as anything else. Consequently, strutting, made-up, 'poncing' (to quote my Dad) pop stars that divided opinion and school playgrounds now seem to garner near-universal love and respect.
They've never had it so good and their music is available on download to enjoy shamelessly, ironically or as a 'guilty pleasure'. In any case, demand is high. So high, in fact, that the annual Rewind Festival double-header in England and Scotland is one of the most popular dates in the festival calendar.
And with a 2011 line-up that included ABC, Bananarama, T'Pau, Rick Astley, Heaven 17, Howard Jones, The Human League and loads (LOADS) more, the attraction is obvious. The line-up for 2012 is yet to be announced.
Rewind Scotland will again take place at Scone Palace, Perth, over the weekend of 20th - 22nd July 2012. Rewind England will be held a month or so later, returning to Temple Island Meadows, Henley-on-Thames, from Friday 17th to Sunday 19th August 2012.
The ticket prices are the same across the two events, with single day tickets for Saturday or Sunday priced £45 for adults and £22.50 for children aged 12 years and under. Weekend passes are £85 (£42.50 for kids), with camping these are £100 for adults, £50 for children. There are also campervan and VIP passes on offer.
All the above prices form part of the Earlybird offer which is only available for a limited period. Note that kids aged 3 years and under go free.
We will have tickets for both Scotland and England events when they go on sale at 9AM on Friday 30th September 2012.
You may be interested in
- Sat 19th May 2018 Let's Rock the MoorMarsh Meadow - Cookham (Berkshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Let's Rock NorwichEarlham Park (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 Let's Rock Bristol, The Human League, Marc Almond, Bucks Fiz...The Downs (Clifton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 Let's Rock The North East, Tony Hadley, Kim Wilde, ABC, Heav...Herrington Country Park (Sunderland)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 Let's Rock LeedsTemple Newsam (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Let's Rock Scotland, Billy Ocean, Marc Almond, Tony Hadley, ...Dalkeith Country Park (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 Let's Rock ExeterPowderham Castle (Exeter)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 Let's Rock SouthamptonSouthampton Common (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 Heritage Live Summer Concerts, Here and Now - The Very Best ...Audley End (Saffron Walden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Jul 2018 Let's Rock ShrewsburyThe Quarry (Shrewsbury)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Jul 2018 Let's Rock LondonClapham Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Aug 2018 Kubix Festival, Ronan Keating, B*Witched, Peter Andre, Right...Herrington Country Park (Sunderland)Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th Aug 2018 Kubix Festival, Adam Ant, The Boomtown Rats, Fun Lovin' Crim...Herrington Country Park (Sunderland)Buy Tickets