Fireman Sam Live - Pontypandy Rocks! Tickets available now for 2012 shows
If you've ever watched the opening sequences of BBC1 Saturday night drama flagship 'Casualty' with a growing sense of grim inevitability that the unfamiliar characters are destined to end up pinned beneath something or in A&E with no face, then Fireman Sam might not be your cup of tea.
Although it is, admittedly, rare that anyone in Fireman Sam's hometown of Pontypandy ever gets more than a telling off for their troubles, every single call-out for Sam, Elvis, Penny and Station Officer Steele is precipitated by the kind of foolhardy recklessness familiar to the bruised and bloodied guests at Holby A&E.
More often than not, it is the playful mischief of local youngsters Norman and Mandy that ends up in yet another Pontypandy institution being burned to the ground/stranded at sea/stuck up a tree. Mercifully, to date, the clumsy and wilful duo has a zero body count to its name.
And that is because Fireman Sam and his station colleagues are such excellent fire-fighters. Now updated from stop-motion to the full CGI, Fireman Sam is a daily hit of studious fire safety advice that will have your four year old muttering enthusiastically about needing to use the 'jaws of life' on the dog.
Kids, quite rightly, love it. It is simple, colourful and fun, and the authentic fire appliances and other vehicles look exactly like the ones you got them from Asda.
News that Pontypandy is hosting its first ever live music festival is greeted with wild excitement in the village, not least by young Norman who hopes to find out who the secret superstar headliner will be 'at any cost'. Start the fire engine, Sam.
Singing, dancing, fires and daring rescues all ensue, promising to keep Sam and co busy and your little ones' wide-eyed and insisting, more than ever, that Fireman Sam is real.
The Pontypandy fire service and friends will be kicking off their 2012 dates at the Hammersmith Apollo on Saturday 28th January, followed by shows in Milton Keynes, Brighton, Whitley Bay, Grimsby and more, before the final show (announced so far) in Port Talbot on 30th June 2012.
We have tickets available for all dates now. Prices vary depending on venue but generally start at around £14. Note that all performances are in the early afternoon, typically at 1pm or 2pm.
You may be interested in
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Wed 13th Jun 2018 Shrek the MusicalBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 and Sun 20th May 2018 The Magic CavernBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Mon 2nd Apr 2018 Circus WonderlandBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Sun 4th Mar 2018 Cirque du Soleil - OvoBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Wed 13th Jun 2018 Disney Presents the Lion KingBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Thu 14th Jun 2018 Matilda the MusicalBuy Tickets
- Mon 26th Feb 2018 to Wed 13th Jun 2018 Disney presents AladdinBuy Tickets
- Tue 27th Feb 2018 to Sat 10th Mar 2018 George's Marvellous MedicineBuy Tickets
- Sun 18th Mar 2018 to Sun 1st Apr 2018 Beauty and the BeastBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 Rave-a-RooMinistry of Sound (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Mar 2018 to Sun 10th Jun 2018 Day Out With Thomas, Thomas The Tank Engine & FriendsBuy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Apr 2018 So You Think You Know About DinosaursFalkirk Trinity Church (Falkirk)Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Apr 2018 to Wed 11th Apr 2018 Horrible HistoriesBuy Tickets
- Sat 14th Apr 2018 The Amazing Bubble ManBirmingham Town Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Apr 2018 Brainiac LiveRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
- Wed 18th Apr 2018 to Thu 14th Jun 2018 War HorseBuy Tickets
- Tue 29th May 2018 to Sat 2nd Jun 2018 StompBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 to Sun 10th Jun 2018 What the Ladybird HeardBuy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 Alice's Adventures In Wonderland [ballet]Hatfield House (Hatfield)Buy Tickets