Fireman Sam Live - Pontypandy Rocks! Tickets available now for 2012 shows
If you've ever watched the opening sequences of BBC1 Saturday night drama flagship 'Casualty' with a growing sense of grim inevitability that the unfamiliar characters are destined to end up pinned beneath something or in A&E with no face, then Fireman Sam might not be your cup of tea.
Although it is, admittedly, rare that anyone in Fireman Sam's hometown of Pontypandy ever gets more than a telling off for their troubles, every single call-out for Sam, Elvis, Penny and Station Officer Steele is precipitated by the kind of foolhardy recklessness familiar to the bruised and bloodied guests at Holby A&E.
More often than not, it is the playful mischief of local youngsters Norman and Mandy that ends up in yet another Pontypandy institution being burned to the ground/stranded at sea/stuck up a tree. Mercifully, to date, the clumsy and wilful duo has a zero body count to its name.
And that is because Fireman Sam and his station colleagues are such excellent fire-fighters. Now updated from stop-motion to the full CGI, Fireman Sam is a daily hit of studious fire safety advice that will have your four year old muttering enthusiastically about needing to use the 'jaws of life' on the dog.
Kids, quite rightly, love it. It is simple, colourful and fun, and the authentic fire appliances and other vehicles look exactly like the ones you got them from Asda.
News that Pontypandy is hosting its first ever live music festival is greeted with wild excitement in the village, not least by young Norman who hopes to find out who the secret superstar headliner will be 'at any cost'. Start the fire engine, Sam.
Singing, dancing, fires and daring rescues all ensue, promising to keep Sam and co busy and your little ones' wide-eyed and insisting, more than ever, that Fireman Sam is real.
The Pontypandy fire service and friends will be kicking off their 2012 dates at the Hammersmith Apollo on Saturday 28th January, followed by shows in Milton Keynes, Brighton, Whitley Bay, Grimsby and more, before the final show (announced so far) in Port Talbot on 30th June 2012.
We have tickets available for all dates now. Prices vary depending on venue but generally start at around £14. Note that all performances are in the early afternoon, typically at 1pm or 2pm.
You may be interested in
- Mon 21st May 2018 to Wed 15th Aug 2018 Matilda the MusicalBuy Tickets
- Mon 21st May 2018 to Wed 15th Aug 2018 Disney presents AladdinBuy Tickets
- Tue 22nd May 2018 to Wed 15th Aug 2018 Shrek the MusicalBuy Tickets
- Tue 22nd May 2018 to Wed 15th Aug 2018 Disney Presents the Lion KingBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd May 2018 to Sun 17th Jun 2018 Circus WonderlandBuy Tickets
- Thu 24th May 2018 to Thu 31st May 2018 The Very Circusy CaterpillarBuy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 to Sun 8th Jul 2018 ShakespearienceBuy Tickets
- Tue 29th May 2018 to Sat 2nd Jun 2018 StompBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 to Thu 16th Aug 2018 What the Ladybird HeardBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 to Sun 12th Aug 2018 Day Out With Thomas, Thomas The Tank Engine & FriendsBuy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 to Fri 10th Aug 2018 Alice's Adventures In Wonderland [ballet]Buy Tickets
- Wed 13th Jun 2018 to Wed 15th Aug 2018 War HorseBuy Tickets
- Sun 17th Jun 2018 Knightmare LiveThe Belly (Waterloo)Buy Tickets
- Wed 20th Jun 2018 to Wed 15th Aug 2018 Gangsta GrannyBuy Tickets
- Thu 28th Jun 2018 to Wed 15th Aug 2018 Dinosaur World LiveBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 and Sat 7th Jul 2018 ANiMALCOLMBuy Tickets
- Fri 20th Jul 2018 to Wed 15th Aug 2018 Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena SpectacularBuy Tickets
- Tue 24th Jul 2018 to Sat 11th Aug 2018 Metta's The Little Mermaid - The Circus SensationBuy Tickets