New Found Glory and Sum 41 crank up the volume for Kerrang! Relentless Tour 2012 - on sale Friday 30th Sep
As anticipated as Christmas or Indian summers, the Kerrang! Relentless Tour is fast becoming bigger and bolder with each year passing. The iconic metal magazine should be the king of all curators by now, of course, seeing as the publication has been in production for the best part of three decades - they should basically know what makes its audience tick (and, of course, shake its fists and heads).
Sum 41 have had to cancel - see update, below
The magazine's knowledge and passion has certainly been a factor when preparing the line-ups for the Kerrang!Relentless Tour - their annual jaunt around the UK originally kicked off in 2006 and featured Bullet For My Valentine, while subsequent years have had the honour of presenting Biffy Clyro, Coheed and Cambria, All Time Low, The Blackout and last year, Good Charlotte.
For 2012 though, the organizers have really pushed the proverbial boat out with the announcement of top co-headliners in the shape of New Found Glory and Sum 41. Joining them for the ten shows will be support from letlive. and While She Sleeps - both worthy names in their own right!
Next year, you can catch the Kerrang! Tour in Dublin (5th February), Southampton (7th), Norwich (8th) and many more until the final big bash at London's Roundhouse on the 17th. We will have tickets for the tour from Friday morning, priced at £20 - a bargain for four explosive bands!
New Found Glory are set to release their new album, "Radiosurgery", during October, while the other three bands have all issued recent albums or EPs earlier in 2011.
UPDATE: Sum 41 to be replaced after injury
Some rather big news has just leaked out of the Sum 41 camp - the band have had to shelve their appearance as co-headliners with New Found Glory on the upcoming Kerrang! Relentless Tour 2012. Unfortunately, Deryck Whibley's continual back-problems have resumed and he is literally going to have to sit this tour out - possibly in a wheelchair (that's not too good).
In true time-honoured rock tradition and in the words of Freddie Mercury, 'the show must go on' and Kerrang! organizers have swiftly recruited The Blackout as replacements for Sum 41 and the tour will start as planned in Dublin on 4th Feb.
You may be interested in
- Tue 26th Feb 2019 While She Sleeps, Stray from the Path, Landmvrks: So What?Rock City (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 27th Feb 2019 While She Sleeps, Stray from the Path, Landmvrks: So What?SWG3 (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Feb 2019 While She Sleeps, Stray from the Path, Landmvrks: So What?Beckett University (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Mar 2019 While She Sleeps, Stray from the Path, Landmvrks: So What?Roundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 Slam Dunk Festival, All Time Low, NOFX, New Found Glory, Wat...: NorthTemple Newsam (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th May 2019 Slam Dunk Festival, All Time Low, NOFX, New Found Glory, Wat...: SouthHatfield House (Hatfield)Buy Tickets