Deeply Dappy - No Regrets as N-Dubz singer goes full-frontal for solo 2011 UK tour
In every street, every football team and every band, there is always one 'character' who, despite having an element of talent, be it as a plumber, penalty-taker or performer, behaves in a way that draws attention to themselves, thus detracting why they exist in the first place.
As far as we know, Dappy, aka Costadinos Contostavlos, hasn't been round to fix the toilet or scored the winning goal in the FA Cup for his beloved Arsenal (I knew it, I just knew it - Spurs-supporting writer). But, in a few short years, he's delighted and reviled the Great British Public in equal measures with his raps, hats and controversies, many of which will surely make for a weighty autobiography in a few years' time. Last week, images of Dappy minus clothing were 'leaked' onto the net - now how did THAT happen? Come on, own up. Haven't we suffered enough, what with the recession, riots and rain?
Musically, as one third of regular chart-bothering urban-pop heavyweights N-Dubz, Dappy has played his part in many successes, having appeared on their hits, "I Need You", "We Dance On" and the ironic "Best Behaviour". But, with their American recording contract at Def Jam seemingly at an end, the members recently suggested that their recent shows might be their last for the time-being.
So, with Tulisa set to be an X-Factor judge, Fazer and Dappy are busy planning solo projects, with the latter rapper pretty much on his way with recent single, "No Regrets", and a 2012 album of the same name planned for March. Dappy is also out on tour during December, in addition to his upcoming MOBO Awards appearance on Wednesday week.
First stop is Norwich on 9th December, followed by Birmingham, Manchester and more until London's Indig02 on 19th December. Tickets will be on sale from Friday morning, priced at £15 for all shows. We're presuming that, prior to the tour, he buys a stronger belt for his trousers - wouldn't want to have anyone's eye out in the front row, eh?
Prior to the tour, you can catch Dappy in action at the MOBO Awards ceremony at Glasgow's SECC on 5th October, along with Jessie J, Jason Derulo, Alesha Dixon, Katy B and many more. Tickets, ranging from £29 to £59 are available now.
- Sun 18th Feb 2018 DappyThe Old Fire Station (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Feb 2018 DappyO2 Academy Liverpool (Liverpool)More Info..
- Mon 19th Feb 2018 DappyO2 Academy Liverpool (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Feb 2018 DappyO2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)More Info..
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 DappyO2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)More Info..
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 DappyElectric Ballroom (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 DappyManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 DappyThe Classic Grand (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Feb 2018 DappyO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Feb 2018 DappyDublin Academy [1/2/ Green Room] (Dublin)Buy Tickets