We will never surrender! Warren Clarke to play Churchill in new wartime drama, Three Days in May
These days we're apt to take many things for granted - our phones, our clothes, our plasma-screens, our shops (hello looters) and our iPods. But none of this compares with our freedom, not just of speech, but freedom of being able to do pretty much anything legal, respectable and harmonious. And, whatever you think about wars and conflicts, we can all thank one man (and his government cabinet) for digging-in with resolute stubbornness and a desire to stand up for good over evil - Winston Churchill.
"Three Days in May" is a compelling new wartime drama, written by relative newbie-playwright, Ben Brown, and tells the story of the decisive 72 hours when Churchill, played by Dalziel & Pascoe actor, Warren Clarke, had to not only stand up to the threats from Hitler, but also his own political colleagues as some considered giving in to the dictator, rather than fight. The iconic PM had only been in power for a matter of days, before being charged with the task of forming a war cabinet in preparation for the impending "Battle of Britain", a tough call by anyone's standards. His decision must be for the good of the free world and it must be final.
The Trafalgar Studios, based on London's Whitehall (quite apt, considering the play's subject matter), will present Brown's enticing politically-charged wartime-drama for a four-month run from 31st October 2011 to 3rd March 2012. Ticket prices start at £35.
Other performers in the play include Dicken Ashworth (Corrie, Morse and Emmerdale) and James Alper (Doctors, Casualty).
Ahead of the Trafalgar Studio stint, the show finishes-off the final few dates of a tour, hitting Brighton and Milton Keynes before transferring to London.
You may be interested in
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Fri 6th Apr 2018 Jonathan PieBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sun 16th Sep 2018 Ant MiddletonBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sat 9th Jun 2018 The Kite RunnerBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sat 12th May 2018 The Best ManBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Thu 1st Mar 2018 Levison WoodBuy Tickets
- Tue 27th Feb 2018 to Sat 24th Mar 2018 Network [play]Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Feb 2018 to Sat 24th Mar 2018 Returning To HaifaBuy Tickets
- Mon 12th Mar 2018 to Sat 23rd Jun 2018 BirdsongBuy Tickets
- Tue 13th Mar 2018 to Fri 25th May 2018 Mark ThomasBuy Tickets
- Wed 11th Apr 2018 and Sat 14th Apr 2018 The West Wing WeeklyBuy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 to Fri 13th Jul 2018 An Ideal HusbandBuy Tickets
- Tue 24th Apr 2018 to Sat 28th Apr 2018 This HouseBuy Tickets
- Tue 24th Apr 2018 to Sat 5th May 2018 KindertransportBuy Tickets
- Sat 19th May 2018 Trevor Noah: End of DaysThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 to Sat 8th Sep 2018 Private PeacefulBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 to Tue 28th Aug 2018 Little WomenBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 to Fri 7th Sep 2018 The Lieutenant of Inishmore, Michael Grandage CompanyBuy Tickets
- Wed 4th Jul 2018 to Fri 20th Jul 2018 Queens Of The Coal AgeBuy Tickets
- Mon 9th Jul 2018 and Sat 28th Jul 2018 Gyles BrandrethBuy Tickets
- Sat 10th Nov 2018 and Mon 10th Dec 2018 Michael PortilloBuy Tickets