We will never surrender! Warren Clarke to play Churchill in new wartime drama, Three Days in May
These days we're apt to take many things for granted - our phones, our clothes, our plasma-screens, our shops (hello looters) and our iPods. But none of this compares with our freedom, not just of speech, but freedom of being able to do pretty much anything legal, respectable and harmonious. And, whatever you think about wars and conflicts, we can all thank one man (and his government cabinet) for digging-in with resolute stubbornness and a desire to stand up for good over evil - Winston Churchill.
"Three Days in May" is a compelling new wartime drama, written by relative newbie-playwright, Ben Brown, and tells the story of the decisive 72 hours when Churchill, played by Dalziel & Pascoe actor, Warren Clarke, had to not only stand up to the threats from Hitler, but also his own political colleagues as some considered giving in to the dictator, rather than fight. The iconic PM had only been in power for a matter of days, before being charged with the task of forming a war cabinet in preparation for the impending "Battle of Britain", a tough call by anyone's standards. His decision must be for the good of the free world and it must be final.
The Trafalgar Studios, based on London's Whitehall (quite apt, considering the play's subject matter), will present Brown's enticing politically-charged wartime-drama for a four-month run from 31st October 2011 to 3rd March 2012. Ticket prices start at £35.
Other performers in the play include Dicken Ashworth (Corrie, Morse and Emmerdale) and James Alper (Doctors, Casualty).
Ahead of the Trafalgar Studio stint, the show finishes-off the final few dates of a tour, hitting Brighton and Milton Keynes before transferring to London.
You may be interested in
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 The JungleBuy Tickets
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 to Fri 5th Oct 2018 The VillageBuy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 to Sat 13th Oct 2018 By The Waters Of LiverpoolBuy Tickets
- Thu 4th Oct 2018 to Wed 7th Nov 2018 Private PeacefulBuy Tickets
- Tue 16th Oct 2018 to Sat 1st Dec 2018 The Wipers TimesBuy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 to Mon 22nd Oct 2018 Dave Chappelle, Jon StewartBuy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 to Sun 18th Nov 2018 Levison Wood: Journeys Through the Badlands and BeyondBuy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 to Thu 15th Nov 2018 The Political History of Smack and CrackBuy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 and Tue 12th Mar 2019 Mark ThomasBuy Tickets
- Sat 10th Nov 2018 and Mon 10th Dec 2018 Michael PortilloBuy Tickets
- Sun 11th Nov 2018 Journey's EndLittle Theatre (Chorley)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 to Thu 6th Dec 2018 War Requiem [ENO]Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Gyles BrandrethBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 to Sat 25th May 2019 Blood Upon the RoseBuy Tickets