We will never surrender! Warren Clarke to play Churchill in new wartime drama, Three Days in May
These days we're apt to take many things for granted - our phones, our clothes, our plasma-screens, our shops (hello looters) and our iPods. But none of this compares with our freedom, not just of speech, but freedom of being able to do pretty much anything legal, respectable and harmonious. And, whatever you think about wars and conflicts, we can all thank one man (and his government cabinet) for digging-in with resolute stubbornness and a desire to stand up for good over evil - Winston Churchill.
"Three Days in May" is a compelling new wartime drama, written by relative newbie-playwright, Ben Brown, and tells the story of the decisive 72 hours when Churchill, played by Dalziel & Pascoe actor, Warren Clarke, had to not only stand up to the threats from Hitler, but also his own political colleagues as some considered giving in to the dictator, rather than fight. The iconic PM had only been in power for a matter of days, before being charged with the task of forming a war cabinet in preparation for the impending "Battle of Britain", a tough call by anyone's standards. His decision must be for the good of the free world and it must be final.
The Trafalgar Studios, based on London's Whitehall (quite apt, considering the play's subject matter), will present Brown's enticing politically-charged wartime-drama for a four-month run from 31st October 2011 to 3rd March 2012. Ticket prices start at £35.
Other performers in the play include Dicken Ashworth (Corrie, Morse and Emmerdale) and James Alper (Doctors, Casualty).
Ahead of the Trafalgar Studio stint, the show finishes-off the final few dates of a tour, hitting Brighton and Milton Keynes before transferring to London.
You may be interested in
- Mon 25th Jun 2018 to Fri 7th Sep 2018 The Lieutenant of Inishmore, Michael Grandage CompanyBuy Tickets
- Mon 25th Jun 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 The JungleBuy Tickets
- Mon 25th Jun 2018 to Sat 1st Sep 2018 Pressure [David Haig]Buy Tickets
- Tue 26th Jun 2018 to Fri 13th Jul 2018 An Ideal HusbandBuy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 to Tue 28th Aug 2018 Little WomenBuy Tickets
- Wed 4th Jul 2018 to Fri 20th Jul 2018 Queens Of The Coal AgeBuy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 Gyles BrandrethBuy Tickets
- Wed 18th Jul 2018 to Mon 10th Dec 2018 Michael PortilloBuy Tickets
- Sat 11th Aug 2018 Simon WestonHanger Farm Arts Centre (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 to Sun 16th Sep 2018 Ant MiddletonBuy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Sep 2018 to Wed 7th Nov 2018 Private PeacefulBuy Tickets
- Tue 16th Oct 2018 to Fri 30th Nov 2018 The Wipers TimesBuy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 to Sun 18th Nov 2018 Levison Wood: Journeys Through the Badlands and BeyondBuy Tickets