Lindsey Buckingham reveals shoots from the Seeds We Sow - December 2011 UK tour on sale Friday 9th September
I used to get Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks mixed up when I was a kid - well, Stevie was a boyish name, Lindsey was, well you can see the confusion back in the days before t'internet. Thankfully, after seeing Fleetwood Mac perform the wonderful 1977 single, "Dreams", on Top of the Pops, I realized my shameful mistake and learned never to judge anyone by their name again. Imagine my expression upon discovering the tough rapper Ice-T's real name...
Anyway, Buckingham and Nicks were romantic and musical stooges during their tenure in the Mac, opting to split right in the middle of the "Rumours" sessions, but thankfully not as songwriters. Having previously recorded an ill-fated 1973 duet album, they joined the million-selling band, adding a more crafted pop bent than before and consequently, more hits. These included "Go Your Own Way", the co-written "Oh Diane", "Tusk", "Big Love" and "Family Man" on 1987's "Tango In The Night".
In between the hedonism and hit-records in the band, Buckingham has also found time to release his own solo work, including 1981's "Law and Order" and its related pretty hit, "Trouble", and his most recent and refined set, "The Gift Of Screws" from 2009. The man has hinted that Fleetwood Mac will return to the fray in 2012, but meanwhile he has just issued his sixth studio album, "Seeds We Sow", from which you can download the cracking title track for gratis at his website www.lindseybuckingham.com
The guitarist is also on tour later this year, starting with Birmingham on 8th December, followed by Salford, Leeds, Edinburgh, Gateshead, Southampton and finally the London Palladium on the 19th. Tickets are on sale from us on Friday at 9am, costing £42.50 regionally, £45 for London and demand is expected to be high.
December 2011 tour postponed
The December 2011 has had to be postponed due to a hand injury sustained by Lindsey's guitarist. The advice is for ticket-holders to sit-tight and await the rescheduled dates.
We will announce the rescheduled dates as soon as we have them.
You may be interested in
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 and Wed 28th Feb 2018 The Classic Rock ShowBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Wed 6th Jun 2018 Martin CarthyBuy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 to Fri 9th Mar 2018 Mike DawesBuy Tickets
- Wed 7th Mar 2018 The Guitar Masterclass Series: Jon GommDingwalls - Lock 17 (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Mon 12th Mar 2018 to Sun 27th May 2018 Rumours of Fleetwood MacBuy Tickets
- Mon 12th Mar 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 Martin SimpsonBuy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 to Sat 18th Aug 2018 Gordon GiltrapBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 Limehouse Lizzy, Fleetwood BacThe Avenue (Chesterfield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Mar 2018 to Wed 11th Apr 2018 Geoff AchisonBuy Tickets
- Thu 29th Mar 2018 to Fri 28th Dec 2018 Fleetwood BacBuy Tickets
- Fri 27th Apr 2018 to Sat 22nd Sep 2018 Fleetingwood MacBuy Tickets
- Sat 28th Apr 2018 and Fri 25th May 2018 Brooks WilliamsBuy Tickets
- Sun 6th May 2018 Hans Theessink, Brooks WilliamsThe Crescent Community Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Thu 17th May 2018 to Thu 24th May 2018 Tommy Emmanuel: The Intimate Sound TourBuy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 Woody MannThe Greystones (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Jul 2018 to Thu 12th Jul 2018 James Taylor, Bonnie RaittBuy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Park, Paul Simon, Ja...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Sun 26th Aug 2018 Ward ThomasThe Civic Hall - Cottingham (East Riding of Yorkshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 to Mon 17th Dec 2018 The War of The Worlds, Jason Donovan, Newton FaulknerBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 Fleetwood Bac, Too PettyRiverside (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets