Lindsey Buckingham reveals shoots from the Seeds We Sow - December 2011 UK tour on sale Friday 9th September
I used to get Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks mixed up when I was a kid - well, Stevie was a boyish name, Lindsey was, well you can see the confusion back in the days before t'internet. Thankfully, after seeing Fleetwood Mac perform the wonderful 1977 single, "Dreams", on Top of the Pops, I realized my shameful mistake and learned never to judge anyone by their name again. Imagine my expression upon discovering the tough rapper Ice-T's real name...
Anyway, Buckingham and Nicks were romantic and musical stooges during their tenure in the Mac, opting to split right in the middle of the "Rumours" sessions, but thankfully not as songwriters. Having previously recorded an ill-fated 1973 duet album, they joined the million-selling band, adding a more crafted pop bent than before and consequently, more hits. These included "Go Your Own Way", the co-written "Oh Diane", "Tusk", "Big Love" and "Family Man" on 1987's "Tango In The Night".
In between the hedonism and hit-records in the band, Buckingham has also found time to release his own solo work, including 1981's "Law and Order" and its related pretty hit, "Trouble", and his most recent and refined set, "The Gift Of Screws" from 2009. The man has hinted that Fleetwood Mac will return to the fray in 2012, but meanwhile he has just issued his sixth studio album, "Seeds We Sow", from which you can download the cracking title track for gratis at his website www.lindseybuckingham.com
The guitarist is also on tour later this year, starting with Birmingham on 8th December, followed by Salford, Leeds, Edinburgh, Gateshead, Southampton and finally the London Palladium on the 19th. Tickets are on sale from us on Friday at 9am, costing £42.50 regionally, £45 for London and demand is expected to be high.
December 2011 tour postponed
The December 2011 has had to be postponed due to a hand injury sustained by Lindsey's guitarist. The advice is for ticket-holders to sit-tight and await the rescheduled dates.
We will announce the rescheduled dates as soon as we have them.
You may be interested in
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 Jim GhediSt Pancras Old Church (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th Sep 2018 to Fri 28th Jun 2019 Martin SimpsonBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 to Sat 11th May 2019 Fleetwood BacBuy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 to Fri 26th Oct 2018 Ralph McTellBuy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 Martin Carthy, John KirkpatrickCutty Sark (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 to Fri 18th Jan 2019 Martin CarthyBuy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 Steve HoweThe Albany (Deptford)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 to Sun 4th Nov 2018 Martin SextonBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 and Fri 16th Nov 2018 Jon GommBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 and Sat 15th Dec 2018 Fleetwood Bac, Too PettyBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Gordon GiltrapSt John's Chapel (Chichester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 to Sat 11th May 2019 Brooks WilliamsBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 and Sun 23rd Dec 2018 Fleetingwood MacBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 to Mon 17th Dec 2018 The War of The Worlds, Jason Donovan, Newton FaulknerBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Martin Taylor, Martin SimpsonThe Marine Theatre - Lyme Regis (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Honey RyderFulford Village Hall (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Mon 14th Jan 2019 to Wed 23rd Jan 2019 Neil Finn, Liam FinnBuy Tickets
- Wed 16th Jan 2019 to Tue 19th Feb 2019 The Classic Rock ShowBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Mar 2019 to Fri 24th May 2019 Rumours of Fleetwood MacBuy Tickets