James Morrison announces new album and autumn 2011 UK dates - tickets on sale Friday 2nd September
James Morrison emerged around five years ago as one of a crop of exciting new male talents on the pop/rock scene, alongside the likes of James Blunt and Canadian singer-songwriter Daniel Powter.
Instantly radio-friendly, all three jostled for airplay and chart positions. Former army officer James Blunt, whose musical style is now an all-too-easy target for snipers, led the way, stealing headlines and granny's heart with tracks like 'You're Beautiful' and 'Goodbye My Lover'.
Meanwhile, James Morrison was earning his spurs as a writer and performer of credibility and no little talent. His debut record, 2006's 'Undiscovered', was a huge breakthrough, topping the UK album chart and spawning the worldwide smash hit single 'You Give Me Something' which even made it into an episode of hit US show 'Ugly Betty'. 'Undiscovered' sold more than a million copies.
The follow-up 'Songs for You, Truths for Me' was released in 2008 and peaked at No 3 in the UK chart, selling well at home and abroad if not quite reaching the heights of his debut. The album sales yo-yoed somewhat, particularly resurgent after the release of 'Broken Strings', a duet with Nelly Furtado.
Morrison's third long-player, 'The Awakening', is due for release in late September and also features a duet, this time with hot property Jessie J on the track 'Up'. James Morrison will be taking the new record on the road for a handful of shows in late 2011.
The UK autumn dates begin at Wolverhampton's Wulfrun Hall on 2nd November, followed by gigs at the Liverpool O2 Academy, the HMV Picture House in Edinburgh and The Pavilion in Bath, before the final show of the run at London's Shepherd's Bush Empire on Monday 7th November.
We will have tickets for all dates when they go on sale at 9AM on Friday 2nd September, priced £27.50 for London and £25 for all other gigs.
You may be interested in
- Thu 8th Nov 2018 Jessie JDe Montfort Hall and Gardens (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 Jessie JO2 Academy Bournemouth (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Nov 2018 Jessie JO2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Nov 2018 Jessie JRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Nov 2018 Jessie JO2 Academy Bristol (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Jessie JManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Jessie JNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 Jessie JThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 Jessie JO2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 Jessie JUniversity of East Anglia [UEA]/ LCR (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Jessie JCliffs Pavilion (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 Jessie JEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Nov 2018 Jessie JO2 Academy Leeds (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 Jessie JO2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 Jessie JO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Jessie JNational Stadium (Dublin)Buy Tickets