James Morrison announces new album and autumn 2011 UK dates - tickets on sale Friday 2nd September
James Morrison emerged around five years ago as one of a crop of exciting new male talents on the pop/rock scene, alongside the likes of James Blunt and Canadian singer-songwriter Daniel Powter.
Instantly radio-friendly, all three jostled for airplay and chart positions. Former army officer James Blunt, whose musical style is now an all-too-easy target for snipers, led the way, stealing headlines and granny's heart with tracks like 'You're Beautiful' and 'Goodbye My Lover'.
Meanwhile, James Morrison was earning his spurs as a writer and performer of credibility and no little talent. His debut record, 2006's 'Undiscovered', was a huge breakthrough, topping the UK album chart and spawning the worldwide smash hit single 'You Give Me Something' which even made it into an episode of hit US show 'Ugly Betty'. 'Undiscovered' sold more than a million copies.
The follow-up 'Songs for You, Truths for Me' was released in 2008 and peaked at No 3 in the UK chart, selling well at home and abroad if not quite reaching the heights of his debut. The album sales yo-yoed somewhat, particularly resurgent after the release of 'Broken Strings', a duet with Nelly Furtado.
Morrison's third long-player, 'The Awakening', is due for release in late September and also features a duet, this time with hot property Jessie J on the track 'Up'. James Morrison will be taking the new record on the road for a handful of shows in late 2011.
The UK autumn dates begin at Wolverhampton's Wulfrun Hall on 2nd November, followed by gigs at the Liverpool O2 Academy, the HMV Picture House in Edinburgh and The Pavilion in Bath, before the final show of the run at London's Shepherd's Bush Empire on Monday 7th November.
We will have tickets for all dates when they go on sale at 9AM on Friday 2nd September, priced £27.50 for London and £25 for all other gigs.
- Sat 13th Jul 2019 OnBlackheath, Jamiroquai, The Roots, James Morrison, Jacob C...Blackheath Common (Blackheath)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th Oct 2019 James MorrisonRegent Theatre (Ipswich)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th Oct 2019 James MorrisonRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Thu 31st Oct 2019 James MorrisonO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Nov 2019 James MorrisonCity Hall/ Memorial Hall/ Ballroom (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Nov 2019 James MorrisonThe Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Nov 2019 James MorrisonSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Nov 2019 James MorrisonBath Forum (Bath)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Nov 2019 James MorrisonPavilion Theatre (Bournemouth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Nov 2019 James MorrisonNew Victoria Theatre (Woking)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Nov 2019 James MorrisonO2 City Hall (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Mon 11th Nov 2019 James MorrisonRoyal Concert Hall/ Strathclyde Suite (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Nov 2019 James MorrisonTheatre Royal Concert Hall (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 14th Nov 2019 James MorrisonCliffs Pavilion (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Nov 2019 James MorrisonNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets