Book tickets to see the acclaimed play Top Girls for over 55% off!
If you can still bear to do it, cast your mind back to '80s when Thatcher was in power, shareholders and bankers made boatloads of cash, male pop-stars donned make-up and sang about glamourous lifestyles and Harry Enfield waved wads of cash in our faces with the risible greedy character, 'Loadsamoney'. Sound familiar?
For all the great moments in that decade, there were probably as many grim ones with the gap between the haves and have-nots beginning to grow wider with the peasants revolting regularly. All great fuel for scriptwriters' imaginations with Boys From The Blackstuff, a tough short drama series written by Alan Bleasdale screened on BBC1, leading the way and almost prophesising what was to come during the next few years.
Previously a success in Chichester, Caryl Churchill and Max Stafford-Clark's acclaimed play "Top Girls" was also first aired in 1982, the same year that Bleasdale's masterpiece hit the silver screen and like "Blackstuff", passed tough judgement and opinion on Margaret Thatcher's vision for Britain. The plot centres on Marlene, a hard-nosed and bullish business-woman who whilst being successful, utilises her employment agency female staff in a cold-hearted and insensitive manner. She opts to throw a celebratory party and invites like-minded females who discuss how their successes came about - can society as we know it survive with career women leaving family life behind?
The Trafalgar Studios will be hosting performances until 29th October and we have specially reduced limited seats for all performances until the end of the run. The offer is: Book top seats valued at £45 for only £23.50 - that's an incredible saving of nearly 50%!! The offer covers matinee and evening performances - book now as seats will be filled pretty quickly!
- Book This Offer
You may be interested in
- Mon 21st May 2018 to Sat 26th May 2018 The Best ManBuy Tickets
- Tue 22nd May 2018 to Fri 13th Jul 2018 An Ideal HusbandBuy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Mark ThomasDe La Warr Pavilion (Sussex)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 and Sat 26th May 2018 The Public Interest: World PremiereMore Info..
- Mon 11th Jun 2018 to Wed 13th Jun 2018 Jonathan Pie: Back To the StudioBuy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 The JungleBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 to Fri 7th Sep 2018 The Lieutenant of Inishmore, Michael Grandage CompanyBuy Tickets
- Wed 4th Jul 2018 to Fri 20th Jul 2018 Queens Of The Coal AgeBuy Tickets
- Sun 8th Jul 2018 to Sat 28th Jul 2018 Gyles BrandrethBuy Tickets
- Wed 18th Jul 2018 to Mon 10th Dec 2018 Michael PortilloBuy Tickets