God Bless Ozzy Osbourne [Screening] to reveal the diary of a madman or a genius?
There's no doubt about it - there have been some excellent music-documentaries or cinema screenings during the past few years. Recently, we've seen "Upside Down - The Creation Records Story", "Lemmy" (about, er, Lemmy from Motorhead) and Foo Fighters and Faithless with their live-and-direct films, "Passing the Baton" and "Back and Forth" respectively, either hitting the big screen or the small screen (or both), enlightening us . Oh, and there's also been the JLS one as well - ho hum.
Next up is "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne", a warts-'n'-all documentary about Birmingham's wayward and prodigal son who has risen from the depths of platinum-selling dark-metal and druggy despair, to become something of a top-geezer and all-round potty-mouthed good egg, with marvellously dysfunctional family in tow. What's not to like?
"God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" will be screened at dozens of UK cinemas on two dates in September, the 16th and 22nd. Vue and Showcase cinemas will be the prime locations right across the British Isles, including a couple in his home-town Birmingham, plus large cities such as Bristol, Cardiff, Glasgow and Manchester, small towns like Staines, Hamilton and Bury and a few London/M25 screenings like Croydon, Romford and Islington. Tickets cost £10 and go on general sale on Tuesday at 10am.
This new film features interviews with said family-members, including producer and son Jack, his daughter Kelly and tolerant wife and TV talent-judge, Sharon. Musical insights come from Paul McCartney, Henry Rollins and many more, giving accounts of the lows and highs (both legal and illegal) of Ozzy's never-dull career. It's a shame people only seem to remember destructive and comical Ozzy, rather than his exemplary contribution to the British metal scene of the '70s, with his Black Sabbath and solo works, and the global brand he still performs with around the world - himself. Album-titles, "Diary of a Madman" and "Bark at the Moon", probably said more about the man than he ever could - until now.
You may be interested in
- Tue 20th Feb 2018 to Sun 4th Mar 2018 Backyard Cinema: The Lego Ninjago MovieBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Feb 2018 and Fri 23rd Feb 2018 National Theatre Encore Screening: Cat on a Hot Tin RoofBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Sat 8th Sep 2018 Screening: Another Fine MessBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 to Sat 17th Nov 2018 Sister Act Live ChoirBuy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Hellbent Forever, OzzbestThe Globe (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 to Fri 16th Mar 2018 Banff Mountain Film FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 10th Mar 2018 OzzbestThe Lantern (Halifax)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Mar 2018 to Thu 10th May 2018 National Theatre Live: MacbethBuy Tickets
- Fri 6th Apr 2018 to Sun 13th May 2018 Fast and Furious LiveBuy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 and Sun 27th May 2018 Live at the Palace: Titanic with Live OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Wed 6th Jun 2018 DownloadDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 Download, Avenged SevenfoldDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 Download, Guns N' RosesDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 Download, Ozzy OsbourneDonington Park - Castle Donington (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 The Italian Job in Concert - with Live OrchestraTheatre Royal Drury Lane (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Jul 2018 Ozzy OsbourneAltice Arena (Lisbon)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 to Sun 9th Dec 2018 Star Wars - A New Hope - Film with Live OrchestraBuy Tickets