The Wedding Present announce four December 2011 shows including a NYE party - on sale now
Since the mid-eighties, being a fan of The Wedding Present has been a reliably proud badge of indie cool. Loved (and much vaunted) by the late John Peel, David Gedge's indie trailblazers have, apart from a barren few years either side of the millennium, been keeping the faith ever since.
Even then, during the hiatus, Gedge was busy with side project Cinerama who ultimately morphed into a new incarnation of The Wedding Present, releasing a new LP 'Take Fountain' in 2005 and then 'El Rey' in 2008.
Throughout - from landmark single and indie classic 'Kennedy' around 20 years ago, to 2004's 'Interstate 5' - the 'Weddoes' have matured with their international fan base whilst doing just enough to remain relevant and provide new generations with record shop pay dirt.
Tracks like 'Kennedy' or 'Dalliance' still sound fresh and near perfect today and, as a result, the appetite for The Wedding Present is resolutely undiminished. It seems you can't have too much apple pie after all.
The Wedding Present's UK December dates kick off in Fife on 28th, followed by gigs in Glasgow and Leeds before the final date at Dingwalls in London on New Year's Eve.
We have tickets for all four gigs available now, priced £20 for London, around £14 for Glasgow and Leeds and just £7 for the Fife show.
Ahead of the December shows, they play Lock 42 in Leicester TONIGHT (check with venue for tickets - £15), in Clitheroe tomorrow night, followed by Middlesbrough on 13th August (both £17.50).
We also have tickets for London (Radfest at the Bussey Building) on 21st August (£10), Brighton on the 27th (£18) and Holmfirth on the 29th August (£20).
The Brighton and Holmfirth appearances are part of David Gedge's mini festivals, respectively 'At the Edge of the Sea' and 'At the Edge of the Peaks'. The Wedding Present headline both events with extensive support, including Badly Drawn Boy in Brighton and Darren Hayman And The Secondary Modern in Holmfirth.
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 The Wedding PresentStorey's Field Centre (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 The Wedding PresentManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 The Wedding PresentSaint Luke's Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 The Wedding PresentWedgewood Rooms/ Edge of the Wedge (Southsea)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 The Wedding PresentThekla (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 The Wedding PresentGladstone Pottery Museum (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Dec 2018 The Wedding PresentThe Underground (Bradford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 The Wedding PresentOld Fire Station (Carlisle)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 The Wedding PresentDryden Street Social (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Dec 2018 The Wedding PresentO2 Academy Islington (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 The Wedding PresentThe Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Wed 7th Nov 2018 Badly Drawn BoyLiberty Hall Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Nov 2018 Badly Drawn BoyLime Tree Theatre (Limerick)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Darren HaymanThe Westhill Hall (Brighton)Buy Tickets